Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Certainly a reasonable approach. My estimation of what Frankamp might eventually become has changed significantly after hearing those 3 rave about him this summer and fall. But I can understand those that are even more reserved than myself. A lot of folks are treating him like the second coming of FVV, and bashing anyone that wants to wait to see it on the court, which is probably not a good thing for anyone involved.

Hope he goes 8/8 tomorrow. We sure could use it, and from some of the things I've seen, the capability is in there somewhere. I'll be yelling my head off for them either way (if I can recover the voice I lost Wednesday by then).
    Es sooner that later
    I'll be cheering also. Just hope his breakthrough com
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I was having a Shocker conversation with a WSU grad at work. Another colleague cut in and said, "As a KU fan, I can tell you Conner...something insulting." I had to let him know that I couldn't respect anything he said after the first four words.

It's better to be snarky and rude when talking to chickenhawks than Shocker fans.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        I was having a Shocker conversation with a WSU grad at work. Another colleague cut in and said, "As a KU fan, I can tell you Conner...something insulting." I had to let him know that I couldn't respect anything he said after the first four words.

It's better to be snarky and rude when talking to chickenhawks than Shocker fans.
        Of course Chicken hawks want him to suck... They need the validation of their coach letting him walk out... I'm rooting for him to succeed so future Wichita hoopers learn from Evan and get it right the first time... So you don't do the walk of shame back and even worse.. Stick it out with a bad situation like Perry did...

Comment

• Connor was good enough to be at KU. He will be good at WSU. Im not predicting AA type ****, but he won't suck. KU will claim success if he isnt an AA. Eff them. They don't know ****.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I was having a Shocker conversation with a WSU grad at work. Another colleague cut in and said, "As a KU fan, I can tell you Conner...something insulting." I had to let him know that I couldn't respect anything he said after the first four words.

I bet that same fan wonders why Evan Wessel isn't First Team AA.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I hope THIS is the day Connor shows what he can do! Before the "pressure" builds to a level where it makes him too nervous to shoot well.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                this team has small ball potential..ala the Golden state warriors ... go small and play ball...shoot the three well...but as of now we are just the defense first team led by Freds offense...really would like a more balanced attack on offense...but we can just chalk up this last win as bit of home court jitters and long layoff from home...
                Yes just like Golden State, except for our 29% shooting from 3 and 38% from the field overall. We are at the quarter pole of the season, sometimes you are what your stats say you are. This team will have to win with defense and not turning it over.....winning ugly.

Comment

• WSU's shooting stats suffer because every game there is either a player, or a combination of players, that goes 1-10 or worse. Every player needs to improve, but it's not going to be Fred or Ron putting up those poor numbers, so it's the other guys that need to step up. Today would be a good time to do it.
                  I think WSU goes 6-14 from 3 today, and I'd take that. Connor will score his first FG at Intrust today and it'll be great... hell, he may hit several.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                    WSU's shooting stats suffer because every game there is either a player, or a combination of players, that goes 1-10 or worse. Every player needs to improve, but it's not going to be Fred or Ron putting up those poor numbers, so it's the other guys that need to step up. Today would be a good time to do it.
                    I think WSU goes 6-14 from 3 today, and I'd take that. Connor will score his first FG at Intrust today and it'll be great... hell, he may hit several.
                    Others need to step up. Right now WSU is ez to defend, help D on Ron and Fred and dare the other three to make a shot outside of 15'....Maybe today is the day they break out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                      Yes just like Golden State, except for our 29% shooting from 3 and 38% from the field overall. We are at the quarter pole of the season, sometimes you are what your stats say you are. This team will have to win with defense and not turning it over.....winning ugly.
                      Please. The Shockers will shoot better. It's like clockwork every year. Poor shooting/questionable offense early but improves during the break.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Please. The Shockers will shoot better. It's like clockwork every year. Poor shooting/questionable offense early but improves during the break.
                        Yeah I thought this discussion about poor shooting seems an awful lot like... Every other year.

Comment

• The nice thing about poor shooting is that if we just hit ANYTHING EVER, we will have a really fun game. Even if we are a crappy shooting team all year, we are bound to hit some outliers and smoke some people. We've had three teams super bowl us already and shoot lights out. It's time for us to super bowl somebody. Why shouldn't it be the best team on our schedule in front of 15k

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Yes except this year WSU doesn't have a threat down low to free up the outside...perhaps u should leave the basketball talk to the experts...lol

Comment

• If, and it is an if, the bigs simply make the easy shots the offense will look so much better. We don't need Anton in the lineup to put the bunnies in. Coincidentally, easy points inside lead to better outside shots. Give the right players good looks and they'll make them. The offense will get better.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                                Yes except this year WSU doesn't have a threat down low to free up the outside...perhaps u should leave the basketball talk to the experts...lol
                                Actually, the problem isn't getting good looks. We're getting plenty of open shots. The problem is making them, which will happen eventually.

You want to say "we're 1/4 of the way thru the season we are who we are" well I say that we've seen baker and Van Vleet for 3 years which is a much larger sample size than 8 games (3 for FVV) and we know they can shoot better. We saw Zach Brown shoot at or near 40% on the season last year. Frankamp's shooting credentials can't be questioned. And don't even try to feed me the "he hasn't shot well in college". Look at what he did in HS and elsewhere. Shooting translates to any level.

I'm certainly no expert but I've seen this movie before. We will shoot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X