Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm
    Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2014, 08:27 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Great thing about this board is all the absolutes we deal with here.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Are you saying you expect Marshall to go 3 over the limit on recruited and committed players?

If so, you must have a couple of players in mind you don't want to see on the roster next year.

Those of us who question Conner coming to WSU because there are no scholarships are getting ripped because we're "anti-Frankamp".

I'm getting tired of getting chastised for being "anti-Frankamp" when those wanting him don't have to name who they want gone from the roster or commitments to bring Frankamp in. You can't have Frankamp and the current players and commitments.

Name who you want gone or lay off those of us who think we should leave the roster and commitments alone.
        I think it's going to be a very common event that we are one or two over and that someone is going to be leaving every year and that we should just get used to it. I don't think that he would get a scholarship until the year after next anyway and I just don't see the problem with setting up part of our overage problem now, it's probably going to be happening anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          2.5. He was on scholarship at KU this semester, so he loses that time.
          Well, sort of. He'll actually "have" three, because he's only used one so far. But it doesn't matter, because even though he hasn't played this year his departure now makes him ineligible until midway 2015-16, and if he tried to sit out the second semester of next season also and resume in 2016-17 he'd run out of time before he got to use all four of his seasons, because you only get five years to play four (unless of course, you're Grant Gibbs, in which case you get as many as it takes -- sorry; couldn't resist).

So next season he'll play once the first semester is over, which means he'd be available for the bulk of his team's games and probably all of their conference games anyway. If you have to miss a semester for one reason or another, the first is definitely the one to miss.aving now he wouldn't

Comment

• I would love for CF to become a Shocker. And if anyone near me boos him (should it happen), I'll have words with you... and I'm sure HCGM may just kick your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Are you saying you expect Marshall to go 3 over the limit on recruited and committed players?

If so, you must have a couple of players in mind you don't want to see on the roster next year.

Those of us who question Conner coming to WSU because there are no scholarships are getting ripped because we're "anti-Frankamp".

I'm getting tired of getting chastised for being "anti-Frankamp" when those wanting him don't have to name who they want gone from the roster or commitments to bring Frankamp in. You can't have Frankamp and the current players and commitments.

Name who you want gone or lay off those of us who think we should leave the roster and commitments alone.

don't have to name them. It will sort itself out. Those who cannot cut it will leave.

Comment

• I'm not sure how any recruit can come into the Roundhouse, watch the boys dismantle an opponent in front of an arena that loud, filled to the rafters, and see our players working that hard and smiling the entire game and not want to be a part of it right then. If we offered and that wasn't enough for him, good luck elsewhere.

Comment

• Anybody that thinks that Conner Frankanp would not help the Shockers in a main cog way is dumb, next.
                  THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Question from an out-of-towner:

Did Marshall ever even "try" to recruit Frankamp????? I mean....if he didn't....Gregg probably doesn't know a whole lot about him right??? So this visit on Saturday after the exhibition may have been the first time they ever actually met. IDK....just wondering.

Also...regarding the "over scholarship" thing. I would assume a local player (Frankamp) and his family are aware that the Shockers are currently over the scholarship limit going into next year. So if true...the question I ask is....why would the Frankamp "camp" (ha-ha see what I did there) even approach the Shocker program about a possible transfer??? They (the family) have got to be looking at it like "well WSU is already over the limit so let's scratch them off our list and look elsewhere son."
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Question from an out-of-towner:

Did Marshall ever even "try" to recruit Frankamp????? I mean....if he didn't....Gregg probably doesn't know a whole lot about him right??? So this visit on Saturday after the exhibition may have been the first time they ever actually met. IDK....just wondering.

Also...regarding the "over scholarship" thing. I would assume a local player (Frankamp) and his family are aware that the Shockers are currently over the scholarship limit going into next year. So if true...the question I ask is....why would the Frankamp "camp" (ha-ha see what I did there) even approach the Shocker program about a possible transfer??? They (the family) have got to be looking at it like "well WSU is already over the limit so let's scratch them off our list and look elsewhere son."
                      Seriously?

Comment

• My bet is that Marshall and staff are putting the full court press on Conner while being candid about the scholarship situation and how that might impact him for his career. At the same time, I bet they're pointing out that they have no allegiance to the scholarship players over the walk-one and that those that put out the most effort and give the best chance to win will play. Last, I'm sure they are evaluating how he will fit with the team.

I assume the Frankamps also expect this type of a discussion and are evaluating if it fits into their (CFs) best interest.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• As to recruiting him in high school, there was certainly interest from WSU. CF may have told them thanks but no thanks very early in the process.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• IMO The most important thing is for Gregg to be happy. I don't think that he'd be happy dropping to a Top 70 program. Recruiting is a fickle business. We are now in the serious discussion for 4* players and need to move when the iron is hot. Gregg has talked about how hard it is to maintain a Top 20 program. Unhappy players will leave for a variety of reasons. Continual roster tweaking is a necessary thing and ostriches will want to bury their heads.

Comment

• Was anyone at the McDonald's All American game in Wichita in the early 80s when Dreiling, X and Aubrey played? I think that game also included Jordan and Ewing. My question is: My memory is that Sherrod had not made his decision yet of where to attend college and when he was announced he received a huge and long standing ovation. Who knows if this swayed him, but I had envisions of something like that happening yesterday if they put Connor's face on the big screen. It would have been awkward, I know, but still would have been interesting to see how the crowd would have reacted. Dude is from Wichita. I just selfishly want the studs from Wichita to be Shockers. That's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                My bet is that Marshall and staff are putting the full court press on Conner while being candid about the scholarship situation and how that might impact him for his career. At the same time, I bet they're pointing out that they have no allegiance to the scholarship players over the walk-one and that those that put out the most effort and give the best chance to win will play. Last, I'm sure they are evaluating how he will fit with the team.

I assume the Frankamps also expect this type of a discussion and are evaluating if it fits into their (CFs) best interest.
                                This may be the single most realistic comment in this entire train wreck of a thread.

Go Shocks!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X