Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Okay, this was cleaver.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Circular.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Amen. It's kind of embarrassing, to be honest.

I don't EVER recall, blatant hated or disdain towards a potential future Shocker.

I sincerely hope he doesn't read ShockerNet, or he might just say "to hell with WSU".

That would be a damn shame.
          Hyperbole much?

It's obvious you're a huge fan of CF, but I haven't seen anyone exhibit the kind of criticism you're describing.

Given our scholarship situation and the talent level of our team and recruits, questioning the fit of CF at WSU is more than fair.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            Hyperbole much?

It's obvious you're a huge fan of CF, but I haven't seen anyone exhibit the kind of criticism you're describing.

Given our scholarship situation and the talent level of our team and recruits, questioning the fit of CF at WSU is more than fair.
            Granted, my statement might have been a little exaggerated, but the essence rings true.

I love our players, but if we have the opportunity to improve the roster I am always for it.
            The Assman

Comment

Okay, this was cleaver.
              Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              The Assman

Comment

• First, I agree that if he comes to WSU it will be because HCGM wanted him at WSU and that is a big okie dokie for me and I'm glad he'd be here.

Personally, I hold a special allegiance to those who strongly wanted to be a Shocker from the get go and I want each and every one to have the best opportunity (time wise) to make it as a Shocker. I also feel that (from my armchair) Holland, Henderson, Shamet and Taylor are high quality players. I would feel better about CF potentially coming here if he were to at least pay his own way during the year he sits out, if not through the 2015-16 season unless an opening came up sooner after any player, on the roster or to sign in the next week or so, had that opportunity to stick. Baker, FVV, and Wessel may leave after this year or they all may stay. If the latter, it would be very crowded at the 1 and 2 if Henderson, Shamet or Taylor would rather not RS.

I'm not dumping on CF. I am very pro all players Shocker, on the roster or about to sign. We may not be having this discussion except for CF's special situation of being a local, highly rated player. On second thought, if HCGM brought in another class of 2015 1 or 2, not named Conner Frankamp, what would everybody be saying? Would we think we could potentially be overloaded at the 1 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  Hyperbole much?

Given our scholarship situation and the talent level....
                  C,Mon,you are being a little disingenuous. you call out Shurtz for being a fan while you and others obviously dislike C.F. although as much as I can tell, no one knows him. Very few of the comments have been about scholarships. A lot of the criticism has centered around Mr. Frankamp, Conner being a selfish ball hog, Conner not liking the Shockers (so let him go elsewhere), etc.

Comment

• We already have too many guards. Someone won't get the chance to play most of the time. All I know is if we do lose both Baker and Cotton, we need to recruit guards who can play immediately as close to their level that we can. We have some very nice recruits coming with high ceilings coming in. However a high ceiling doesn't mean they are ready to keep us in the Top 10 next year. Iyrc the year AC, Cliff and Ozell were freshmen, they had very high ceilings but we were a 500 team. I don't think that Gregg has a goal to play 500 basketball. He wants to be nationally relevant.

Comment

• I asked my son at the game today what he thought the reaction of the crowd would be if they put Connor on the video board. He thought probably 95% would cheer, with a few boos. I think I'd have to agree.

Comment

• nm
                        Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2014, 08:26 PM.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This has become a very tiresome thread. The vast majority of Shocker fans would welcome CF if he becomes a Shocker. There is a very small minority of individuals that apparently think they know more than Gregg Marshall about basketball recruiting and/or have an axe to grind.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• the odds of him coming here have to be very slim. We have no scholarships and are deep on guards. Conner has lots of options. Just because he comes from wichita, he by no means has any loyalty to WSU. He'd be smart to think about it, but he can find better situations elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I don't think there's anyone out here who wouldn't want Conner if there was room on the roster. I also don't think there are many out here who would want a current player or recruit cut. It's not about whether Frankamp might be a better player than some current or committed players. It's about whether we want to rescind on a commitment to the players we've recruited.

I don't think the hit to integrity is worth what we would gain by bringing Frankamp in on a scholarship.

If Conner wants a scholarship at WSU, he's asking us to do what he hated at KU.
                              If Frankamp doesn't come we will still be looking for more guards to recruit no matter how over we are, if Frankamp does come we will still be looking for more guards to recruit no matter how over we are.

Comment

• If Frankamp goes to Wichita State, it won't be on a scholarship. It's possible that he can earn a scholarship for the 2016-17 season if he shows that he can play the way Marshall wants all his recruits to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X