No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Baker could form Frankamp into a human pretzel, so there's that. Man versus boy.

Comment

• If CF is listed at 6' then I think there is some height inflation going on. Having said that, I have full faith in Coach Marshall's judgement regarding him coming to WSU :-)

Comment

• What do you all think we would try to do with Conner? Make him primarily a point guard or a shooting guard. Obviously, his notoriety is based on his shooting and scoring ability, but I'm wondering if he would not be more effective at the D-1 level as a point guard. He would have a year and a half at WSU to learn behind the master if he is willing to be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
          I truly believe that Conner would start every game he was eligible and healthy for here, that he would be a key piece in 3 tournament runs
          Pump. The. Breaks.

Comment

• It appears some people on here think Frankamp has never picked up a basketball in his life. Must have been some sort of trickery that lead to all that scoring in high school.

Dude was highly touted for a reason. He is not some scrub from the local Y.
            The Assman

Comment

I truly believe that Conner would start every game he was eligible and healthy for here, that he would be a key piece in 3 tournament runs
              To each his own...

Comment

• Anybody remember how hard Coach Gregg Marshall recruited him out of high school???? Just wondering. I remember seeing his name pop up on occasion on the Recruiting Forum but don't remember Marshall really going after him all that much. If I'm remembering correctly...could that be an indicator that ha wasn't a Marshall type player????
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Anybody remember how hard Coach Gregg Marshall recruited him out of high school???? Just wondering. I remember seeing his name pop up on occasion on the Recruiting Forum but don't remember Marshall really going after him all that much. If I'm remembering correctly...could that be an indicator that ha wasn't a Marshall type player????
                  Nah, it just means he knew that when Connor was born, his pacifier had a Jayhawk logo on it, and spending time on him would be a waste.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    What do you all think we would try to do with Conner? Make him primarily a point guard or a shooting guard. Obviously, his notoriety is based on his shooting and scoring ability, but I'm wondering if he would not be more effective at the D-1 level as a point guard. He would have a year and a half at WSU to learn behind the master if he is willing to be patient.
                    stretch 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                      Pump. The. Breaks.
                      Too late...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Nah, it just means he knew that when Connor was born, his pacifier had a Jayhawk logo on it, and spending time on him would be a waste.
                        I'm pretty sure his first diaper stain was in the image of a Jayhawk.

I'm good with CF coming here. I met him briefly at the state tournament a few years ago. He seemed like a nice polite young man. I also watched him play (live) in the NCAA's last year in StL. He's a stud. In fact I thought he might have been the only KU player who actually played team ball during the games I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                          I'm pretty sure his first diaper stain was in the image of a Jayhawk.

I'm good with CF coming here. I met him briefly at the state tournament a few years ago. He seemed like a nice polite young man. I also watched him play (live) in the NCAA's last year in StL. He's a stud. In fact I thought he might have been the only KU player who actually played team ball during the games I saw.

every diaper stain is in the shape of a jayhawk.

Comment

Marshall may need to order Conner a stick of "Turlington's Lower Back Tattoo Remover"; heard it works well on feet also.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Lol gotcha! But I have to admit...I do get confused a bit when I hear a beaker "try" to answer the question of why not play Wichita St. So many times I hear them say the reason is Wichita is not where they recruit from. They go on to say they recruit in places where "talent" is like S. California and world wide international type places. But then when I stumble across their roster over the years I don't think I've seen it void of a Wichita player in the last 30 years. Weird.....and to be honest...sounds like a lot of bull sh*t to me. :)
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                It appears some people on here think Frankamp has never picked up a basketball in his life. Must have been some sort of trickery that lead to all that scoring in high school.

Dude was highly touted for a reason. He is not some scrub from the local Y.
                                I don't think anybody is saying that. There are, however, some legitimate concerns about his small frame/lack of athleticism, his ego/attitude/father, and his willingness to play defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X