Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by William View Post
    Im not comfortable with this personal attack, I sit in the 2nd row and have for years, please keep my posts out your quote box.

Your pal, William
    Corporate seats handed down from daddy?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      What about not giving him a ride on campus?
      That hatchback was small, and Perry is a big dude. Understandable that Connor would rather take a stroll than sit on Perry's lap in the back seat with the team's dirty laundry.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• nm
        Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2014, 08:15 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          For those who want Frankamp here, we're already 2 schollies over the limit. Let's assume Baker goes league and Wessel graduates and uses his degree to make a living outside of basketball.

Who do you cut or not sign to give a schollie to Frankamp?
          I think Marshall has shown this question often is easier to answer as the season goes on.

Comment

• I heard Conner was willing to join the team as towel boy. By summer he was going to get promoted to water boy and be full walk-on status by next fall. At least that was the agreement struck with his dad.

Comment

• I don't dismiss Frankamp's talent and athleticism. I've also said that I'd be quite happy with him on the team if HCGM, Fred, and the rest of the team want him. But after finally reading the article on the Eagle's website which had this:

"The Frankamps wanted to discuss Conner's future at Kansas - and they wanted to do it quickly. The meeting took place on Wednesday afternoon, and the specific nature of the conversation is still unknown. On Thursday morning, Frankamp, a Wichita native and the City League's career scoring leader from North, was contacting Self again: He was leaving the KU program, and he was doing so immediately."

I think Gregg Marshall respects the parents of his players and the kids he recruits. But I also think he's open and honest with them when he talks to them, whether during the recruiting process or after they're on his team. So, unless 3G is looking for another assistant coach, I don't think he's interested in a a player whose parent is involved in the day-to-day operation of his basketball team and the reports of Conner's father's interaction with Self sound untenable to me.

The article then comes to a conclusion but before doing so, offers this quote from Self: "We've lost obviously a very good shooter, but we may have also gained (on) some chemistry issues."

Chemistry is hard to develop on a team and Marshall is a master at creating it by targeting kids who have athletic ability, hunger, BBIQ and character. Could be that whatever forced Conner and his dad to confront Self and led to the decision to leave the school was bad chemistry on the part of Self and/or all those other extremely talented basketball players, or it could be self inflicted on the part of Frankamp. But I just don't see this as a match for 3G and the Shox. And I also don't see this young man swallowing his pride and walking on to a program in which he's going to have the same level, if not higher (yes, I said it), competition for playing time. And in my opinion that's the only way he makes it to Wichita as I don't see Gregg offering a scholarship to Conner. I think he's got the guys he's targeted already on the team or waiting to sign their LOIs.

Best of luck to the young man wherever he ends up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                I don't dismiss Frankamp's talent and athleticism. I've also said that I'd be quite happy with him on the team if HCGM, Fred, and the rest of the team want him. But after finally reading the article on the Eagle's website which had this:

"The Frankamps wanted to discuss Conner's future at Kansas - and they wanted to do it quickly. The meeting took place on Wednesday afternoon, and the specific nature of the conversation is still unknown. On Thursday morning, Frankamp, a Wichita native and the City League's career scoring leader from North, was contacting Self again: He was leaving the KU program, and he was doing so immediately."

I think Gregg Marshall respects the parents of his players and the kids he recruits. But I also think he's open and honest with them when he talks to them, whether during the recruiting process or after they're on his team. So, unless 3G is looking for another assistant coach, I don't think he's interested in a a player whose parent is involved in the day-to-day operation of his basketball team and the reports of Conner's father's interaction with Self sound untenable to me.

The article then comes to a conclusion but before doing so, offers this quote from Self: "We've lost obviously a very good shooter, but we may have also gained (on) some chemistry issues."

Chemistry is hard to develop on a team and Marshall is a master at creating it by targeting kids who have athletic ability, hunger, BBIQ and character. Could be that whatever forced Conner and his dad to confront Self and led to the decision to leave the school was bad chemistry on the part of Self and/or all those other extremely talented basketball players, or it could be self inflicted on the part of Frankamp. But I just don't see this as a match for 3G and the Shox. And I also don't see this young man swallowing his pride and walking on to a program in which he's going to have the same level, if not higher (yes, I said it), competition for playing time. And in my opinion that's the only way he makes it to Wichita as I don't see Gregg offering a scholarship to Conner. I think he's got the guys he's targeted already on the team or waiting to sign their LOIs.

Best of luck to the young man wherever he ends up.
                Sounds like the Micah Downs situation at KU several years ago...

What you were looking for wasn't found. Maybe we can help you figure out where to go.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• You make a good point about the LOIs. The timing of the meeting with Self and Conner's decision obviously had to be made before LOIs were signed. Conner is hoping that a school will pull an offer from a kid and give it to him.

Comment

• I closed multiple Frankamp threads. Can yall keep it in here, please?
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• CF would never go down to a mid-major team like WSU. He will sign with a power conference team like Creighton. :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        You make a good point about the LOIs. The timing of the meeting with Self and Conner's decision obviously had to be made before LOIs were signed. Conner is hoping that a school will pull an offer from a kid and give it to him.
                        Yep, there are an awful lot of D1 teams that could use someone of Frankamp's talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          Sounds like the Micah Downs situation at KU several years ago...

http://seattletimes.com/html/college...64_zags27.html
                          That's a tragic story but I don't believe that's what is going on with Frankamp because there's no indication of that from everything I've read. I still don't believe 3G is going to entertain the parent of one of his players coming in and dictating playing time or direction of the program. And for the record, I've never met Marshall or either of the Frankamps so what the heck do I know? I'm just reading the tea leaves like the rest of us...

Comment

• Sounds nothing like the Micah Downs situation. I thought CF would transfer last summer. Bill Self obviously persuaded him to stay. This only thing odd about the transfer is the timing.

Comment

• My guess is Conner or his parents have contacted WSU/3G about the possibility of transferring to WSU which is acceptable. However, 3G cannot contact Conner until he gets written permission to do so from KU's AD. (See discussion of the transfer rules on the Recruiting Forum).

I have no idea if that has been done (assuming Conner or his parents have reached out to WSU). Again, I'm just guessing but it would not surprise me that 3G would want to wait until after all his verbal commitments have signed LOI's or the end of the early signing period before requesting such permission.

3G seems like a PDG poker player in these recruiting matters and I'm figuring he would like to know what cards he holds before taking action.

Comment

• UNI.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X