No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Now, if he's 0-5 again on Saturday me and him gonna have some problems" -FVV

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
      He was nervous and it showed both in shooting and somewhat in being comfortable dribbling the ball. In my opinion a game or two at the 2 spot almost exclusively will be beneficial. When he gets more comfortable then he can play some point. Catch and shoot rhythm first then expand from there.
      So you don't expect him to go oh-for-the-season?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Don't worry, Frankamp was storing his makes up for Utah. 0-5 yesterday, 5-5 next time out.

Comment

• Lady in front of me says after Conner missed his 30th shoot "personally I think Frankamp is overrated" smh
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            Lady in front of me says after Conner missed his 30th shoot "personally I think Frankamp is overrated" smh
            Time will tell. I'm pulling for him, and with everything going on last night it's a tough situation in which to debut, but so far in college he has been a practice player. Definitely in 'wait and see' mode.

That said, his defense, ball-handling, and general operation within the offense were all great, especially for his 1st real game under Marshall. He's an asset just with that. He's a game-changer if he ever shoots it well in games.

Comment

• I think CF just had some big game jitters. I fully expect for him to show out on Saturday.

If he doesn't end up not just being a player, but our 3rd or 4th best player by years' end, I'll eat all the crow anyone can plate.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                That said, his defense, ball-handling, and general operation within the offense were all great, especially for his 1st real game under Marshall. He's an asset just with that. He's a game-changer if he ever shoots it well in games.
                This.

Plus, he's he a MUCH better upgrade from JR and T2. (I still have faith in you Tyrone!)
                The Assman

Comment

Lady in front of me says after Conner missed his 30th shoot "personally I think Frankamp is overrated" smh
                  So what? What are the "lady in front of" you's credentials as an evaluator of talent. As fans of the program, I would like to think that we would post more positive things that are the much more commonly held opinion of Conner across the country. Not the bandwagon Lady in front of you who needs to get on board and come on in for the big win. I wonder if she thinks he is overrated as a free throw shooter in crucial late game situations against top 30 teams? Cmon someof you. We are lucky to have Conner-he chose us; many don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    So what? What are the "lady in front of" you's credentials as an evaluator of talent. As fans of the program, I would like to think that we would post more positive things that are the much more commonly held opinion of Conner across the country. Not the bandwagon Lady in front of you who needs to get on board and come on in for the big win. I wonder if she thinks he is overrated as a free throw shooter in crucial late game situations against top 30 teams? Cmon someof you. We are lucky to have Conner-he chose us; many don't.
                    Ya and the funny thing is she left with 5 minutes left in the game
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Ya and the funny thing is she left with 5 minutes left in the game
                      Guess she probably missed his game clinching free throws. They were a couple of the most stone-cold throws I've seen

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Time will tell. I'm pulling for him, and with everything going on last night it's a tough situation in which to debut, but so far in college he has been a practice player. Definitely in 'wait and see' mode.

Defense was adequate, two nice steals. Ball handling was very nervous and loose. Seemed to be in thr right places 95% of the time.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          Guess she probably missed his game clinching free throws. They were a couple of the most stone-cold throws I've seen
                          Those late free throws were clutch, they were pure and they could have a positive carryover effect. 3G thought Conner was a little nervous and Fred also commented on that he thought Conner was under a lot of pressure. Add to that the fact that Conner had not played in a meaningful D-1 basketball game in over a year against a very long and athletic opponent it is not that surprising that he did not come out and light it up. BTW, no one else lit it up either. Making those free throws in that situation while hardly rippling the nets might be just enough to get Conner going. Based on comments from 3G and his teammates he apparently is getting it done on the practice floor. Sill it may take him a number of games to get in the real flow. Conner is still a relatively inexperienced D-1 player so there is a lot of room for growth in his game.

One thing that was apparent to me is that Conner has been diligent in the weight room. Also he did not seem overwhelmed on the defensive side of the ball either. Really looking forward to seeing what Conner can do as he grows and develops further.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 10, 2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• If he even makes 35% from three this year, he will be a huge asset to this team with his ability to spell FVV and RB. I expect he will do even better.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Four things on Frankamp.
                              1. For those wait and see fans who just think he's a practice player. Al Davis said "if the player does it once, it's up to the coach to get it out of him consistently. Our players shoot with players guarding them in practice too and according to HCGM, he holds players accountable everyday.
                              2. I watched him on defense a lot yesterday. He is a very good defender. I'm not sure that He will never be great, because he doesn't have the length, etc.
                              3. Whoever said he has good handles is correct.
                              4. every shot he took was within the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                and they were true shots. Not even close to touching the rim. All net.

Comment

Working...
                                X