Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Do you have their middle school stats, too?
    Why stop there! There has to be some Biddy Basketball stats out there on Conner!
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      @William:, was this the last one?
      It can't be the last one because I haven't said that I trust Coach Marshall 110% yet!

I do. Also, if he is here paying his own way at least for a year and maybe longer and would only earn a scholarship say for 2016 and 2017, then really to me this seems like a low risk, high reward situation!
      Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        To be fair, he was their best guard in the NCAA Tournament and it wasn't even close. I think a person can reasonably question whether Self distributed minutes less than wisely.
        I agree with this, and it wasn't even close. When CF was out there they looked like a different team. When he was not out there I was unimpressed with their team.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Technically, we don't have anyone signed yet. Getting that done might clear up some things though.
          Your are correct. Can't wait for signing day also...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Had to dig for this video (well, not really), but here is KU v Stanford highlights. Conner being most of it, of course. I remember thinking he looked good live in STL, and a much better team with him on the court (as others on here have already said).

The Assman

Comment

• While this is all scintillating conversation, is there one shred of informed thought that leads people to believe Connor will end up here?:)

Comment

• Based on that video (a very, very, very small sample size) I didn't see anything from CF that Austin Ruder at MSU couldn't do.

Every once in awhile a player will have a game or two where they have several opportunities to score and cash in on them. It looks like Conner's just happened to be in the tourney.

He may very well be the type of player who can fill up the stat sheet in the right program, but I'm not seeing that at WSU (again, based on that VVVSSS). Of course, if my opinion had any value I would be sharing it in a basketball office, not on the interwebz.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  I don't know if we have any Photoshop experts, but would be cool to see a photo of Conner with a WSU jersey on. You know, just in case we have to get use to seeing it in the future ;)
                  Maybe we should wait until Conner officially announces his decision. I don't expect we will be hearing anything from Wichita State until after the early signing period (November 12th through November 19th). Hopefully, our 4 verbals will sign quickly. I think Landry Shamet tweeted he would be signing on November 15th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    Impressive.
                    Stud.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I'm really glad CF didn't make one more three pointer in that game against Stanford.
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Do you have their middle school stats, too?
                        We'll the stats mentioned from 3 pts and free throw percentages should be the same from HS to NCAA unless they've changed the distances. 91% free throw shooting is top shelf at any level.

Comment

• I don't think there is any doubt that Conner is a good shooter. However, his scoring may or may not transfer from high school BB to D-1 basketball. The majority of players do not. 6' shooting guards such as Conner Frankamp and Ria'n Holland face a whole new world of bigger, more athletic defenders with the jump to D-1 so the ability to get clean looks becomes much more of a challenge.

Whether or not Conner and Ria'n can or will take the ball inside and score, and perhaps get to the line, in college is another question mark. Looking forward to seeing what Ria'n looks like in action for the Shocks this year. Ria'n is probably as good a proxy as we have for how Conner might be used and might fare as a Shocker IF that comes to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            While this is all scintillating conversation, is there one shred of informed thought that leads people to believe Connor will end up here?:)
                            I'm hearing things, sounds very promissing
                            THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Why wouldn't his game translate to the D-1 level?

He not only played against the world's best at his age for Team USA, but he led the star-loaded team in scoring. That seems to be as good an indicator as anything, that the kid has the game it takes, to be successful.

I guess being a small white boy, works against you on the court. John Stockton seemed to turn out alright and he is almost exactly the size of Conner. By no means, am I claiming Frankamp will become the next Stockton. All I am saying is the precedent is there.
                              The Assman

Comment

• I truly believe that Conner would start every game he was eligible and healthy for here, that he would be a key piece in 3 tournament runs
                                THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X