No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread post count is at 400. We obviously want him!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Thread post count is at 400. We obviously want him!
      :)didnt want to be at the bottom of the previous page

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
        And that is from Self who I think is a shady guy also.
        agreed 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Don't want him. Don't think he's coming here anyway. Still too much talent to compete with, and I bet he wants to be the man, and he ain't gonna be the man here.
          Where do you come up with this crap? How do you know that "he wants to be the man?" Do you know him? At North High, there was no one else on the team and they all looked to him. I have a feeling at Kansas, that it has little to do with competing with other talented players. Most likely he just wants to get on the court for more than TEN MINUTES a game. Bill Self has made all kinds of promises to players like the 6'8 guard from Russia, Selden, or his new Point Guard Graham. Anyone who is happy with playing 10 minutes a game isn't a very competitive player. Conner would fit our system nicely because Gregg likes combo guards and except for one year with FVV, we'd be looking at guards who would be combo guards who it doesn't matter who brings up the ball and who plays the wing. If Gregg wants him, I'd take him in a heartbeat because I know that Gregg would be a very demanding coach.

Comment

• I want what 3G wants. Period. 'nough said.

Comment

• My deal with Conner:

We have 11 players currently on scholarship who can return next year. We have 4 firm verbals. Two kids that I think should be here next year aren't going to be here. Conner ups that to 3. I wouldn't trade CF for ANY Shockers currently on our roster.

I know that Marshall has a very firm grasp on this and that this will not be an issue, but I can't make the numbers work and adding a 15th scholarship player means I'm going to lose someone I love for someone I recently hated.

If he's here, I'm all about it, but until then, I'm not going to hope for him.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                My deal with Conner:

We have 11 players currently on scholarship who can return next year. We have 4 firm verbals. Two kids that I think should be here next year aren't going to be here. Conner ups that to 3. I wouldn't trade CF for ANY Shockers currently on our roster.

I know that Marshall has a very firm grasp on this and that this will not be an issue, but I can't make the numbers work and adding a 15th scholarship player means I'm going to lose someone I love for someone I recently hated.

You also couldn't make the numbers work when Ron Baker committed out of high school. Coach is very imaginative. You aren't. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  You also couldn't make the numbers work when Ron Baker committed out of high school. Coach is very imaginative. You aren't. :)
                  Agreed!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

My deal with Conner:

We don't have all the facts. Just last week it was reported that we offered a schollie to a 2015 JUCO guard Mychal Mulder. Maybe adding CF does not mean we lose someone. Or at least we don't lose someone that wasn't going to leave any way.
                    Last edited by Shocker-maniac; November 3, 2014, 07:36 PM.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

My deal with Conner:

We don't know that he would be a scholarship player. He absolutely would have to walk-on and pay his way this upcoming spring semester. No way around that. Who knows about next year. That could be a walk-on year as well. After that, if Conner has worked out, he probably would be on scholarship his final 2 years in 2016-17 and 2017-18. Who knows how this will shake out.

Whatever Conner decides to do I wish him well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        I wonder if Conner looks at our roster and thinks less of who he will be competing against than he does when he looks at his former roster at KU. He might be plagued with the same outlook as many of the fans up there have...that it's not possible we have players he would sit behind. He might believe that he is a shoe-in at any school other than KU. I hope that's not the case.
                        Ooooooo. If that's the case...or rather a potential "issue"....there is NO WAY Coach Gregg Marshall would even consider taking him in. I think we all know that.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          We better be recruiting kids that "want to be the man". We're a top 10 program, everyone walking in the door better think they're the ****.
                          Thank you.

You know guys like Magic, Bird, and MJ were good? Because they all thought they the best and let their game back it up.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Quick somebody ease my mind about whether we can trust Gregg to make the right decision about letting CF join the fold if he wants to, because I don't think every poster on shockernet has publicly confirmed it yet. There are clearly 4 posters on the entire roster that have not, so i'm still unsure.
                            THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
                              Quick somebody ease my mind about whether we can trust Gregg to make the right decision about letting CF join the fold if he wants to, because I don't think every poster on shockernet has publicly confirmed it yet. There are clearly 4 posters on the entire roster that have not, so i'm still unsure.
                              I trust Gregg Marshall to make the right decision.

And I'm Spartacus

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                We better be recruiting kids that "want to be the man". We're a top 10 program, everyone walking in the door better think they're the ****.
                                There are players that want to be the man and there are players that are the man, eg. Tekele Cotton, FVV and Baker.

As I learned on Sesame Street as a young lad: 'One of these is not like the other'
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X