Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I trust Gregg Marshall to make the right decision.

And I'm Spartacus
    Thanks DJ, i'm getting real close now, just 3 left.
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
      Thanks DJ, i'm getting real close now, just 3 left.
      It a trick, because I think you are one of those three ;)
      The Assman

Comment

• Indeed, only 2 left

You can call me Bill

Comment

• I trust HCGM with every decision related to Shocker basketball

Comment

• Okay...let's do some die-hard Shocker Fan analysis shall we.....

PROS to Conner coming to Wichita St. should we choose to bring him in and he would like to be a part of the GREATNESS that is Shocker Basketball.

1. Great dead-eye shooter.

2. High possibility of being taught to play Gregg Marshall defense (only if this is an issue at this point in his college career - IDK).

3. Another Top-50-100 recruit.

4. Home town kid.

5. Shocker fans getting a bit of a chuckle that a Kansas Jayhawk player wants to come home and see's a better opportunity playing at another Top-10 program in Wichita St.

6. Coach of the Year Gregg Marshall possibly even getting a bit of a chuckle that a Jayhawk player would want to transfer to Wichita St. I could see Coach Marshall kinda liking this some (privately of course when he's sleeping). Almost like sticking it to Self a bit. You won't play us. You think you're all that. Okay...we'll just continue winning and keeping our local Wichita kids home thank you very much. :)

CONS to Conner coming to Wichita St. should we choose to bring him in and he would like to be a part of Shocker Basketball.

1. Already have the players we need to win RIGHT NOW and the next two years. I'm assuming we do of course from gauging current and incoming players.

2. Scholarship availability

3. Possible "team chemistry" issues. Who really know's but I think we all agree to trust our brilliant NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR making that evaluation.

4. The old everlong sickening entiltement adage from beakers that it took a former KU top player to win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP at Wichita St. should we be so fortunate to win one.

5. ....and to the contrary....the old entiltement adage from beakers that you COULDN'T even win a National Championship with a Top-50-100 KU player should we NOT win one.

6. You just know in their mind they would spin it either way. But whatever....I think either way we would all be ecstatic!!!

Anyways...having a little bit of fun here but please share more pros and cons as you see fit. I know I've missed some. :)
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• We would have more more nets to replace. Con

You can call me Bill

Comment

• A good kid could play for a good man. Pro

You can call me Bill

Comment

• 3 great shooters in the game at one time is very hard to defend. Pro also a pro for Conner, he doesn't want to be hounded like a Steve Alford was.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• The current reality of the situation is this...the spirit of the Shocker roster for 2015-16 at PG/SG includes:

Ron Baker
                    Fred VanVleet
                    Evan Wessel
                    Rian Holland
                    Corey Henderson
                    Tyrone Taylor
                    Landry Shamet

Baker may, or may not, be in a Shocker uniform. Wessel will play much SF, but will play some SG. If Frankamp is here, that would be 7 or 8 players competing for 80 minutes of playing time each game. He doesn't strike me as enough of a game changer talent more than what we have or have coming in to warrant a spot on the team. I want him to succeed...I just don't see it at WSU. Good luck Conner.

Comment

• you know, wichita state is bringing in one of the best guard classes in the country next year, if not the best ('don't give a damn about what the rating services might say otherwise.. just like we all knew fvv was the real top-10 deal out of high school, too. right? didn't we? well, it's that all over again.. refresher.. shamet, taylor, mcduffie). why would he come here expecting more playing time? it would be ku redeux for him

unless marshall sees otherwise, somehow, creighton is perfect for him.
                      Last edited by another shocker; November 3, 2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Okhafor is on here too and I think that he was the Number 1 ranked player this year.

Conner Frankamp drops 22 on Australia in the championship game of the 2012 FIBA U17 World Championship. At the young age of 16, this is already Frankamp's 2n...

Comment

• If anything Connor proved to be more than a shooter. In games where he played five or more minutes he had a great plus / minus stat. This was despite shooting a lower percentage than one should expect for his next three seasons.

Also, all I remember hearing about Connor was how big of a gym rat he was. I can't expect that the problem was effort at KU. All the KU players had nothing but positive comments about his effort and contribution.

Finally, we have had great success with disgruntled transfers making a huge impact. Karon, Kyle, Malcolm.... All had nice NCAA impacts.

Comment

• Pro: If he comes here, out-recruiting the beakers for top talent in our own backyard just got a LOT easier.

Con: Marshall will have to spend 1/2 a semester cleaning in him in tomato juice to get the stink off.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                              If anything Connor proved to be more than a shooter. In games where he played five or more minutes he had a great plus / minus stat. This was despite shooting a lower percentage than one should expect for his next three seasons.

Also, all I remember hearing about Connor was how big of a gym rat he was. I can't expect that the problem was effort at KU. All the KU players had nothing but positive comments about his effort and contribution.

Finally, we have had great success with disgruntled transfers making a huge impact. Karon, Kyle, Malcolm.... All had nice NCAA impacts.
                              how is he going to get the playing time he craves over shamet (6'4" nba quick release, size, uncanny passing) taylor (fastest hs player in the country) mcduffie (acc style game)? not to mention henderson and holland? he would be in a serious numbers crunch.. again.

i wouldn't want to see him come here and sit on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1854[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1855[/ATTACH]
                                One thing is for certain, should Conner decide to join the Shox (and of course, if the rest of the team wants him), I'm pretty sure he'd get pumped up once Kerry Rosenboom got a hold of him! The kid needs some muscle.:victorious:
                                KU's SC coach is regarded as 1 of the best in the nation. I love Kerry & he is damn good at what he does .. But CF has already had a yr under a great SC coach.
                                Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Working...
                                X