No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw him attempt one of those 360 dunks during early warmups yesterday. I can confirm, it is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      I saw him attempt one of those 360 dunks during early warmups yesterday. I can confirm, it is real.
      It would certainly be nice if he turns out to be good at driving inside and dunking every now and then like Cotton.

Is it wrong if I just thought we could coin the nickname "The Dunk Driver."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        I saw him attempt one of those 360 dunks during early warmups yesterday. I can confirm, it is real.
        Not as catchy as the Tekelicopter, but I guess I'll settle for the Frankopter.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Frankampoline.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I had lots of distractions when I was younger. I am just amazed that I am still here to enjoy life.
            made me laugh!

Comment

• I can't see dunking being an important part of Conner's repertoire as a Shocker. I suppose the fact that he can dunk shows he does have some athleticism. Same could be said of Rian and how many dunks has he had in game situations? What we really need to see is a great set of handles, the ability to distribute the ball to teammates, the ability to be a stone-cold knock down perimeter shooter and enough athletic ability to play reasonably solid defense at the D-1 level.

Comment

• Here is my case for CF ad hope everything works out for him. Even next year, unless an
                impact center is recruited, we will have a somewhat suspect frontline, certainly not one
                that is going to bang with elite teams. This means we better have a very strong perimeter
                game. As much as I like TC and what he brings to the team defensively he is not shooting
                too well this season. Throw out his dunks and his shooting % isn't that good. Don't
                expect CF to be rewarded with a starting spot right off the bat but expect him at the two guard
                a few games into second semester with RB moving to TC's spot at the three. This gives us
                an outstanding perimeter trio offensively with three guys who can shoot it, handle it, dish it,
                and drive it. RN would give us a fourth outside threat and size to go along with SM. I can see
                us being one of the vey best three point shooting teams in the country next year if RB stays and
                this doesn't even consider any of the incoming freshmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  It would certainly be nice if he turns out to be good at driving inside and dunking every now and then like Cotton.

Is it wrong if I just thought we could coin the nickname "The Dunk Driver."
                  Too soon; but funny!

Comment

• All this talk about Frankamp reminded me of this thread. :)

Off season baby!

Comment

• I know he's ready to show Shocker Nation what he can provide.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Frankamp's stats from his junior year in Wichita.

Make sure to scroll down and check his shooting percentages.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/gen...d-a85ab14533b1

Frankamp's stats from his junior year in Wichita.

Make sure to scroll down and check his shooting percentages.
                          I'll take that. Had 24 blocks???

Comment

• ...got his diversion

Comment

• Hooray, mistake wiped clean. /s
                              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• I placed the link to this story in the 2015-2016 Media Love thread but it probably should be here as it is specifically about Conner and his transition to becoming a Shocker.

WICHITA — Two outstanding guards in the Wichita State backcourt can be trusted as basketball critics. Watching the net crinkle enough times, Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet gained a favorable impressio…

Nice article that stresses his need to play good defense but also points out that he wasn't asked to play a lot of defense while in high school because the coach was trying to protect him. Nice quote from 3G:

“When he was in high school, (coach) Gary Squires at North couldn’t have him defend the way we want him to defend, because he needed him every second. (Frankamp) couldn’t be in foul trouble. He needed to hide him on defense. I’m not trying to hide him. I don’t hide anybody on defense, and if I have to hide you, it’s going to cut into the time that you play.”

But like Fred's quote even better:
                                “Everybody talks about his defense, but he’s not a terrible defender,” VanVleet added. “I’m not sure we’ll ask him to guard the best player on the other team on any given night, but he’ll be able to hold his own. It’s about trusting his instincts and creating good habits.”

54 days and counting...

Comment

Working...
                                X