No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'll be fine. I've seen Ron start a game 0-5, but Ron gets more than 14 mins and 5 shots.... as the season goes, Connor's numbers will explode IMO

Comment

• He did exactly what I wanted to see last night. He played hard, took care of the ball, defended well, and helped the team win. He showed his ability to get to the rim, spot up, or pull up off the dribble. He's a complete player who will help us tremendously over the course of this year and the next two. I agree with Fred that he could have been more aggressive but at the same time I like that he allowed the game to come to him and made sure to play team ball.

I'll never understand why people want to try and belittle, however slightly, the players. Instead of trying to compare him negatively to Landry I'd rather imagine what it's going to be like watching those two play together later this year and the next two.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
        You must have missed KU's tournament game where he carried them during a comeback. Prior to his game changing plays it looked like Stanford was going to stomp KU.
        Yep, 18 minutes and 4-7 from three. But Nurger had a big game last year, also. Just syain' 18 minutes does not a successful carreer make. In 27 games, averaged 2.5 ppg and shot 31% from three. Did have close to 6:1 A/TO ratio, but I wouldn't have thought so watching him handle the ball last night -- no turnovers, but a bit loose.

Again, I'm not picking, just waiting for him to show it. Paul Guffrovich had a tough beginning, also.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          He did exactly what I wanted to see last night. He played hard, took care of the ball, defended well, and helped the team win. He showed his ability to get to the rim, spot up, or pull up off the dribble. He's a complete player who will help us tremendously over the course of this year and the next two. I agree with Fred that he could have been more aggressive but at the same time I like that he allowed the game to come to him and made sure to play team ball.

I'll never understand why people want to try and belittle, however slightly, the players. Instead of trying to compare him negatively to Landry I'd rather imagine what it's going to be like watching those two play together later this year and the next two.
          Not belittling, at all. Just posting facts and what I believe I saw in the scrimmage and last night -- as well as the two KU tournament games. He has yet to show what he is capable of. I hope that is tru and I believe it is true. But look back to prior years when we thought Henderson or Cahmberlain or whoever was going to take over. Before I crown him King, I want to see him progress. If that is belittling, I ssuggest you go to the dictionary. I compared him to Landry because somebody was making excuses that CF had been out so long and I pointed out what Landry had done on a broken foot with not having been our over a year, but having never played any D-1 game at all. Facts are facts and I did not ever criticize Connor, just didn't deify him, yet.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            Did have close to 6:1 A/TO ratio, but I wouldn't have thought so watching him handle the ball last night -- no turnovers, but a bit loose.
            Yes, a bit loose.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I think it's more than fair for a fan to state that Frankamp hasn't demonstrated his ability yet. I agree. We KNOW he can shoot. He just needs to do it in games. He played well within the offense and certainly wasn't a defensive liability. In the end though, his effectiveness will be judged on his ability to hit the deep shot. I was happy with what I saw in him and was exactly what I expected, except that he missed two more shots than I figured on.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Marshall always said that Jake White was a great shooter in practice but could never hit any during games. Conner is obviously a much better shooter than Jake but let's hope he doesn't suffer from the same problem. Jake White is 6/7 from 3 so far this season, in case anyone was wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I think it's more than fair for a fan to state that Frankamp hasn't demonstrated his ability yet. I agree. We KNOW he can shoot. He just needs to do it in games. He played well within the offense and certainly wasn't a defensive liability. In the end though, his effectiveness will be judged on his ability to hit the deep shot. I was happy with what I saw in him and was exactly what I expected, except that he missed two more shots than I figured on.
                  Obviously too small of a sample size to really make any substantive conclusion about Conner. While he was 0-3 from 3-point range Ron Baker, an All-America senior, was 0-4. So it can happen. That only difference is that Ron has an established track record. Conner deserves the benefit of the doubt until he has had a fair chance to actually establish a track record.

Comment

• This was a tough first game in a year and a half for Conner. UNLV is a fringe top-25 team. His matchup against a player about four inches taller and 75 pounds heavier was a bit daunting. All-in-all he did fine. His defense didn't show the liability some thought he has, although he isn't and won't be a defender like Baker and Fred. His stroke looks picture perfect and will ultimately torch many a foe going forward. He only had one possession I thought was loose, other than that his handles were very good. His versatility playing PG/SG is big bright spot and I am very encouraged about him going forward.

Comment

• It not like the kid is the all time city league scoring champ or anything...
                      The Assman

Comment

Yep, 18 minutes and 4-7 from three. But Nurger had a big game last year, also. Just syain' 18 minutes does not a successful carreer make. In 27 games, averaged 2.5 ppg and shot 31% from three. Did have close to 6:1 A/TO ratio, but I wouldn't have thought so watching him handle the ball last night -- no turnovers, but a bit loose.

Again, I'm not picking, just waiting for him to show it. Paul Guffrovich had a tough beginning, also.
                        So you like to find stats? Go find his plus or minus. Find it for games where he played more than five minutes. Then let me know if you think he has a positive impact on the court.

Comment

Not belittling, at all. Just posting facts and what I believe I saw in the scrimmage and last night -- as well as the two KU tournament games. He has yet to show what he is capable of. I hope that is tru and I believe it is true. But look back to prior years when we thought Henderson or Cahmberlain or whoever was going to take over. Before I crown him King, I want to see him progress. If that is belittling, I ssuggest you go to the dictionary. I compared him to Landry because somebody was making excuses that CF had been out so long and I pointed out what Landry had done on a broken foot with not having been our over a year, but having never played any D-1 game at all. Facts are facts and I did not ever criticize Connor, just didn't deify him, yet.
                          Henderson and Chamberlain? Now you are trolling. Good work.

Comment

• This is not an argument I want to get involved in, but it does bear mentioning that Shamet might not have started if Fred and Conner were available at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              This is not an argument I want to get involved in, but it does bear mentioning that Shamet might not have started if Fred and Conner were available at the time.
                              We have no need or use for your logical mumbo jumbo nuddy boy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                This is not an argument I want to get involved in, but it does bear mentioning that Shamet might not have started if Fred and Conner were available at the time.
                                He might have started depending on the matchups. He's "starter quality".

Comment

Working...
                                X