No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be smart for him to go to a Juco for 2nd semester and then transfer to a Div.1 School for next year? He would then be eligible right away and not lose a year. He would then have two full years at another Div. 1 school.

Comment

• I saw Conner today at Dillons on the east side at Central and Rock. Some here seem to like to joke that the east side is full of Jayhawk fans. They might be on to something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
        Per *******, Shocks are one of a long list of teams that have inquired about Semi Ojeleye.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/stat...91617431982080
        But what about the scholarship situation!?
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          But what about the scholarship situation!?
          What scholarship situation? I believe we have 13 scholarships for next season. The question is, who gets one and who doesn't? Sounds more like a personnel situation than a scholarship situation.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Wouldn't it be smart for him to go to a Juco for 2nd semester and then transfer to a Div.1 School for next year? He would then be eligible right away and not lose a year. He would then have two full years at another Div. 1 school.
            I think that if he went to JUCO, he could play there immediately, but would still not be able to play D-I for one year. I've already been wrong multiple times in this thread though, so...
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I think that if he went to JUCO, he could play there immediately, but would still not be able to play D-I for one year. I've already been wrong multiple times in this thread though, so...
              I imagine you're correct in this assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                I really don't know what the rule is covering this scenario but without looking at the rule book I would tend to agree that it is unlikely you could skirt the 1 year transfer rule by attending 1 semester at a JUCO.

Comment

• I think the NCAA allows a waiver if he becomes a Pentecostal and joins the ministry, tho the language is not totally clear. It's on page 63.

Comment

• Check me on this:

1) Semi can transfer at the semester to a D-I school and set out 1 year (2nd semester this year, 1st next year) and play 1 1/2 more years. Pretty certain about this one.

2) If it's allowed or possible, transfer to a Juco for next semester, transfer to a D-I school next year, set out 1 year, then play 2 more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Check me on this:

1) Semi can transfer at the semester to a D-I school and set out 1 year (2nd semester this year, 1st next year) and play 1 1/2 more years. Pretty certain about this one.

2) If it's allowed or possible, transfer to a Juco for next semester, transfer to a D-I school next year, set out 1 year, then play 2 more years.
                      and this relates to Conner Frankamp, how?

Comment

Check me on this:

I think that's correct. The other possibilities are to transfer to a D-1 school for next semester or sit out next semester altogether, sit out next year at his new D-1 school, then play 2 more years.

Also keep in mind that the 1 1/2 years he will be playing in your 1st scenario encompasses about 1.75 years in terms of % of games played as only about 1/4 of he games are in the 1st semester. My guess he will opt for your 1st scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          1) Posters had questions regarding the difference in the transfer rules between Conner and Semi

2) I believe they played on the same AAU team

3) If neither of these two possibilities work for you, you should go back 3 days and about 90+ posts before mine and ask that poster and all the others that have posted in between :playful:

Comment

1) Posters had questions regarding the difference in the transfer rules between Conner and Semi

2) I believe they played on the same AAU team

3) If neither of these two possibilities work for you, you should go back 3 days and about 90+ posts before mine and ask that poster and all the others that have posted in between :playful:
                            Plus, how can we expect this thread to catch the Any news on Orukpe? thread if we only talk about Frankamp?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              'Cause we're tryin' to figure out how many games Conner and Semi will play together when Semi transfers here.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• When both Frankamp and Ojeleye walk on paying in-state tuition for the rest of their careers, we just want to speculate on what Marshall can do by putting 13 scholarship players on the roster with them. Something like that worked with Baker, Armstead, Coleby, Lufile, and Simon.

Today's quiz: Identify the mistake (or mistakes) in the previous sentence.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X