2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Man I just hope the upper division actually takes care of biz and stomps the ankle biters at every turn. The 200+ RPI dregs have had a knack for heating up in January the last few seasons, that needs to stop this year.

I'll be rooting hard for Loyola, Evansville, ISUr (ugh), and UNI in every game against the lower division.
    Yeah and true to form Bradley, as awful as they've been, are getting healthy and have their point guard, likely their best player, for the first time all year. UGH
    Last edited by WuDrWu; December 20, 2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Yeah and true to form Bradley, as awful as they've been, are getting healthy and have their point guard, like their best players, for the first time all year. UGH
      Sutherland was definitely the missing piece to Bradley this year (and probably the last two). Shaw is surprisingly awful, but Barnes and Cunningham are nice wing forwards.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Today has been an unmitigated disaster for GOI teams.

Comment

• There's a warm liquid running down the Redbirds' legs.

Murray State - 86
          IlSU - 74

Under 2 minutes left. Second half has been Murray just steadily taking the lead and then building it.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Link to free stream of ISUr @ Murray State if anyone is interested: http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/?Live=2106
            ISUr lays an egg vs Murray State 89-77.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Man I'm telling you.......

(From the Redbird forum) Birds +6

Looks like now +4.5

Huge game. If we win, we will have won three straight true road games and have a good chance to be 9-3 and on a 6-game win streak when we roll into Wichita, KS.

I'm not sure why the Racers are even favored in this game. I think Tennessee-Martin will be the class of the OVC.

ISU 77, MSU 71

Wins over top 50s ODU, UNI and WSU plus a top 100 Ws over Murray St (and UE) would look mighty nice coming down the stretch. The key is for the Birds to just take it to a new level come Valley play and earn a 14-4 MVC record, and that's no losses to the bottom teams which would be BU, SIU, LU, Drake, or Indiana State.

Agree that going 9-3 before hitting the Valley is absolutely imperative for the Birds, so that means a W over the Murray St. Racers is very important. ISU goes 9-3 non-con, 14-4 MVC, and you're looking at 23-7 heading into Arch Madness. Also if the Birds accomplish all that, then ISU should have an RPI in the 30s and have an NCAA worthy resume....COOL!

Now to reality:

Muller gets T'd up, ISU loses (Best player DAP still out and Teddy showed up at the game in a boot unfortunately).

Post game comments:

Well, the Birds have officially shot themselves in the foot going into the Valley season (not sure what losing at home to Utah State was but apparently not official shooting yourself in the foot). Thankfully I have not bought my Arch Madness tix (atta boy, way to be a fan!). I was going to a couple of days ago, but my brother was still debating whether he wanted to go (good to see your brother makes all the calls. As an adult, I usually check with my bro too before making tough decisions like going to a basketball game 100 miles away).

Now we'll probably just skip the Arch or if the Birds make it to Sunday, then buy tix for the championship game which is about (ABOUT???)the only way for ISU to now make the Big Dance. So unless ISU goes something like 16-2 (quick, name the last team not named WSU to go 16-2 in the Valley) in the MVC, the Birds have to win Arch Madness to get into the NCAA tourney. Not a likely scenario (that's called an understatement folks), but ISU has shown some scrap this season.

Hate to say it, but right now it's looks like the Birds are more likely to be NIT bound (Koolaid), which would still be an improvement over last season.

Comment

• SIU was 17-1 about 12 years ago, but I think Drake went 16-2 in 08. UNI in 2010?

BTW, love your commentary. Instigator. ;)
                Livin the dream

Comment

• #25 Michigan State about to lose at home to Texas Southern, who was 1-8 heading into this evening.

Definitely a top 5 upset of the last decade and one of the largest all-time in terms of point spread. I haven't looked but their board has to be in wicked meltdown mode, justifiably.

Probably the biggest win for a SWAC team since Southern hammered Bobby Cremins in the tournament back in 94 or whenever. Just wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Hate to say it, but right now it's looks like the Birds are more likely to be NIT bound (Koolaid), which would still be an improvement over last season.
                    :)
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The red winter seems to be in a thaw.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

#25 Michigan State about to lose at home to Texas Southern, who was 1-8 heading into this evening.
                        As in TSU with Mike Davis at the helm? Sweet!

Comment

#25 Michigan State about to lose at home to Texas Southern, who was 1-8 heading into this evening.
                          Will the mighty Spartans get by with murder in the last minute?

Comment

Definitely a top 5 upset of the last decade and one of the largest all-time in terms of point spread. I haven't looked but their board has to be in wicked meltdown mode, justifiably.

Probably the biggest win for a SWAC team since Southern hammered Bobby Cremins in the tournament back in 94 or whenever. Just wow.
                            Stuff like that is a good reminder of how important it is to have perspective about games like ours vs Alabama and Detroit. A win is a win, even if it's scary getting there. There are a lot of good teams dropping terrible games this year. We aren't doing that and I'll take it. I just hope we keep it going. Southern is now going to be better rated than half the MVC. We certainly still have opportunities to look horrible if we don't keep it together night in and night out.
                            Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 20, 2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              The red winter seems to be in a thaw.
                              Have to add one more gem. This in response to an argument with a WSU fan about why an ISU has less and less respect for Marshall and WSU.

"Please. Just can because you haven't been caught doesn't mean it is a clean program. The perception outside of Wichita is that they have been dirty for a long time. When things don't go Marshall's way,he is the biggest crybaby there is. No class."

Hilarious. "Perception outside Wichita"? Perhaps he means 2 VCU fans representing "outside of Wichita". And that's to say NOTHING of the type of player ISU is leaning on these days, and how they may or may not have gotten those players.

As far as Marshall whining when things don't go his way.....how would they know? Things usually go your way when you're #winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                Stuff like that is a good reminder of how important it is to have perspective about games like ours vs Alabama and Detroit. A win is a win, even if it's scary getting there. There are a lot of good teams dropping terrible games this year. We aren't doing that and I'll take it. I just hope we keep it going. Southern is now going to be better rates than half the MVC. We certainly still have opportunities to look horrible if we don't keep it together night in and night out.
                                Excellent post and EXACTLY why you should ALWAYS enjoy the ride! These days aren't always going to be here. Savor them, enjoy them, relish in their success.

Comment

Working...
                                X