No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eville improves to a healthy 8-2 with their win over Ohio tonight.

81-69

Comment

• I just checked the MVC games through Saturday and realized that Saturday is the big "state of Iowa showdown" where Drake gets to host Iowa St and UNI gets to host Iowa.

How cool is that? I sure wish our other state schools had the guts and good will to do that...

Why did I even look ahead? I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with the MVC schedules. There are so many ways the MVC can help itself over the next 10 days that it just hurts thinking about all the games we will lose... Maybe I could start praying for an MVC RPI miracle over this next week or so. :)
      Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 18, 2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        Gotta love this gem "Get that game tape. Watch the zone. Our guys will smell blood in the water."

Last I checked, minnows don't eat sharks.
        Since 2003, Illinois State is 6-19 against Wichita State, including 1-11 in the last 12 meetings.

Somebody's bleeding alright...

They want WSU so bad and yet we own them so bad. Yawn.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1-11 since 2010
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There's a little bit of heavy weed being smoked in central Iowa as well. In fairness, one of the crazies is an Iowa State fan, but still....

A couple of nuggets include Wyatt Lohaus just needing some minutes to surpass Fred VanVleet (again, several Panther fans yank that guy back a few notches) and UNI will easily beat WSU in Cedar Falls (as well as the overall likelihood of winning both games against WSU).

This is what happens when you only look at one piece of the puzzle folks.....not exactly how Sun Tzu (or 3G) would do it.

Comment

• Since sort of started talking Valley records, I did some research on records in the past 5 seasons of WSU vs competition in the Valley.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Here are some highlights of WSU vs other conferences.

Comment

• 15-4 against 4 out of 5 of the BCS conferences. Anyone know our record vs. the ACC?
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                    15-4 against 4 out of 5 of the BCS conferences. Anyone know our record vs. the ACC?
                    3-2 in the last 5 years.

4-2 in the last 10 years.

Comment

• What is our record against the Big Least?

Comment

• Which Big East? That's the issue. They retained the name, but didn't retain many of the teams. Sort of a flawed statistic to look at a 5 year record that would represent the current conference.

Comment

• MGM Showcase tomorrow:

OU vs Wash
                          Utah vs UNLV

I'm in Vegas for the weekend and just saw Coach Krystkowiak walking around in the MGM Grand.

Forgot all about them having games this weekend here. Maybe I'll check 'em out.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Need to get that decade discrepancy of 10-11 against the UNIs fixed.

Obviously, time will help all by itself, since the five year breakdowns are UNI 7-3 in the first five, WSU 7-4 in the last five. But it would be nice to see that 7-4 improve also.

Comment

• What Conference USA team did we lose to in the last 5 years?
                              Last edited by Shoxfan11; December 19, 2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• #18 Miami losing to 5-4 Eastern Kentucky 57-35 with 5:00 to play. They have been outscored 30-10 in the second half.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X