• Show
Clear All

• Evansville just won the CIT.

Comment

• NICE

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
        Evansville just won the CIT.
        Does anyone know how big of a cut of the earnings we get? HCGM needs a new desk.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Does anyone know how big of a cut of the earnings we get? HCGM needs a new desk.
          I believe the CBI and CIT are both pay to play tournaments with fairly significant fees. WSU will probably get a bill from the Valley for there share of the entrance fees from Evansville and Loyola.

To host a CBI game, teams have to pay $50,000, and that fee goes up to $75,000 for the right to host semifinals.

It's believed the CIT fees start out at $30,000 and hosting a game costs more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Hard to believe the job that Porter did this year. Good for them.
            Record with Doyle: 19-6
            Record without Doyle: 5-7

Of Porter's six losses with Doyle, four were against Michigan State, WSU, and UNI (x2) -- games Loyola was never going to win regardless. Porter's five wins without Doyle were against teams with the following records: 10-19, 11-20, 12-21, 9-24, and 9-23. 51-107 combined. Only one of those five wins were by more than five points.

I'm not sold on how much of this is Porter and how much is on Porter's leading scorer.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Yes, but put another way without a key injury to their star they could have been a top 100 team.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                Record with Doyle: 19-6
                Record without Doyle: 5-7

Of Porter's six losses with Doyle, four were against Michigan State, WSU, and UNI (x2) -- games Loyola was never going to win regardless. Porter's five wins without Doyle were against teams with the following records: 10-19, 11-20, 12-21, 9-24, and 9-23. 51-107 combined. Only one of those five wins were by more than five points.

I'm not sold on how much of this is Porter and how much is on Porter's leading scorer.
                24 wins is huge even if the completion was not.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  24 wins is huge even if the completion was not.
                  Definitely huge, and I'm all for it. It's tremendous for Loyola.

I'm just not sold that Porter Moser is the reason for the record. He lucked into a KU transfer with a talent level beyond anything Loyola would typically be able to get, and clearly couldn't win without him.

If Moser is building a legit program, it says great things about Loyola's future. If he just lucked into a player that can carry him, then it doesn't say anything about how Loyola will do once Doyle graduates. Which of those two things is actually happening is an important distinction.
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    Definitely huge, and I'm all for it. It's tremendous for Loyola.

I'm just not sold that Porter Moser is the reason for the record. He lucked into a KU transfer with a talent level beyond anything Loyola would typically be able to get, and clearly couldn't win without him.

If Moser is building a legit program, it says great things about Loyola's future. If he just lucked into a player that can carry him, then it doesn't say anything about how Loyola will do once Doyle graduates. Which of those two things is actually happening is an important distinction.
                    I think your point is quite valid.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                      Yes, but put another way without a key injury to their star they could have been a top 100 team.
                      True. But how many teams who are winning because of their coach go from top 100 to not being able to beat ANYONE other than teams with a 32.3% win% by three-to-five points due to losing one single player?

Just my opinion, but if a team has that stark of a difference with and without a single player, you don't congratulate the coach for the performance. Especially when he more or less lucked into that single player. You congratulate Moser on his luck and tell him to cash in with a new job/contract before Doyle graduates.

Comment

• I congratulate Moser for having teams that play hard. That's something. I have hope for Moser because he recruited the players Jankovich got to coach, including Osiris. Jank and Zenger pretty well pulled the rug right out from beneath his feet.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I really think Loyola will be one of the top half teams consistently if Moser can recruit like he did at ISUr

Comment

• Seth Tuttle played in some mini-tournament and went 0-13.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                            X