2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
    I shake my head every time I see Vandy take it inside after Kentucky has setup in the half court. I imagine that they're thinking "I'm gonna run into this wall and see someone just sort of gets out of the way." It's disgusting that they keep trying when there are other options that have been much more successful.
    Especially with how they are shooting from 3 in the 2nd half.
    2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
    2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
    2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
    2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
    The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
      I can't believe not a single person on here has commented on Kentucky doing so poorly tonight barely winning at home and a possible chance for their first loss of the year.
      Probably because the majority of Shocker fans "appreciate" what conference play is about. Anybody can beat anybody. Not just in the SEC, PAC-12, Big-10, ACC, etc...but even in the Missouri Valley. It's just perceived as not as bad of a loss (or almost loss) to a conference foe when playing in a P5 conference. So with that....no I'm not surprised Vandy is hanging in there (for a minute).
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Especially with how they are shooting from 3 in the 2nd half.
        Exactly! I've seen four or five back to the basket moves that resulted in a turnover before a shot could even be attempted. Why the ball wasn't kicked back to the perimeter is beyond me.

Comment

• Well when the Cats play with fire like tonight one of these games they are going to get burned and you guys will get your wish.

They either win by blowout or it comes down to the wire no middle ground so far in SEC play.
          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Well when the Cats play with fire like tonight one of these games they are going to get burned and you guys will get your wish.

They either win by blowout or it comes down to the wire no middle ground so far in SEC play.
            Great teams find a way to win. Even when getting SuperBowled and not playing their best. UK has been walking a line at times, but they've also been finding a way.

Comment

• GOI for Wednesday evening.

Tulsa vs. Memphis, 6 PM on CBS Sports
              #20 UNI vs. Indiana State, 7 PM on ESPN3
              SIU vs. Bradley, 7 PM on ESPN3
              Loyola vs. Evansville, 7 PM on ESPN3
              #12 Utah vs. Washington State, 8 PM on PAC12 Network

#15 UNC @ Wake Forest, 6 PM on ESPN2

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                BTW, if my redbird bashing is offensive to anyone, I apologize in advance.There is no need to voice your hurts. :worked_till_5am:
                I'm very pro-Redbird bashing. Not sure a lackluster performance @Drake is the best time for it, considering, you know, our game @Drake.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  I'm very pro-Redbird bashing. Not sure a lackluster performance @Drake is the best time for it, considering, you know, our game @Drake.
                  I would completely agree if it weren't for the irony of the comments by Drake's coach a few weeks ago about ISU having the best talent 1-12.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    You must've not read Phognet, oh, in the last century.
                    Yep, you're right. I don't ever go there. Why would I? I am a Shocker. I couldn't care less what they are saying about us. I take the fact that they talk crap as a complement to us. It means they are worried and afraid that WSU might actually be better. Are you trying to say it is ok for Shocker fans to act certain way because other people act that way?

"The wolf doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      I would completely agree if it weren't for the irony of the comments by Drake's coach a few weeks ago about ISU having the best talent 1-12.
                      They played us both at home and lost to us both by 8. Considering IlSt was missing one-to-two players, you could argue this game proved that correct.

Of course, UNI beat them on the road by 24, so they must have the best talent 1-12 by that thinking ...

And that whole "us beating IlSt" thing.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        Yep, you're right. I don't ever go there. Why would I? I am a Shocker. I couldn't care less what they are saying about us. I take the fact that they talk crap as a complement to us. It means they are worried and afraid that WSU might actually be better. Are you trying to say it is ok for Shocker fans to act certain way because other people act that way?

"The wolf doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep"
                        People find different parts of fandom fun and exciting. Cold got a bigger kick out of talking crap on the chickenhawks than anyone in the history of college basketball. The dude would come in with historical anecdotes and just seethe hate. He enjoyed talking crap on them because it made him feel better. Your "quit acting like little girls" nonsense is the exact same thing. It makes you feel better to ignore KU and to put us down for talking crap on other programs.

Sports can affect real things, but in the end it's just for entertainment. Our final four run has boosted enrollment and started to change the culture on campus. KU's behavior in decades past has actually harmed WSU. When I root for KU to lose every single game by 50 it's because I dislike them. But I never stop realizing it's just sports. You just need to realize that your high and mighty attitude is the same as someone who actively dislikes KU. They have the same purpose. You're not going to convince anyone on here to stop talking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          What then, do we make of ISUb? They beat the best talent in the league, twice, already. But also lost to Drake. It's all very confusing.

I'll take the team that hasn't lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            People find different parts of fandom fun and exciting. Cold got a bigger kick out of talking crap on the chickenhawks than anyone in the history of college basketball. The dude would come in with historical anecdotes and just seethe hate. He enjoyed talking crap on them because it made him feel better. Your "quit acting like little girls" nonsense is the exact same thing. It makes you feel better to ignore KU and to put us down for talking crap on other programs.

Sports can affect real things, but in the end it's just for entertainment. Our final four run has boosted enrollment and started to change the culture on campus. KU's behavior in decades past has actually harmed WSU. When I root for KU to lose every single game by 50 it's because I dislike them. But I never stop realizing it's just sports. You just need to realize that your high and mighty attitude is the same as someone who actively dislikes KU. They have the same purpose. You're not going to convince anyone on here to stop talking about it.
                            This is the first time I have ever said anything about it. Me mentioning my opinion on the subject once is not the same as someone bashing KU every chance they get. I believe in living life with class, graciousness, respect, and sophistication. It does not "make me feel better to ignore KU and put you down for talking crap on other programs." The reason I said anything at all is because I have high standards for us as a fan base. I want us to be known as classy, knowledgeable fans not jackasses. I appreciate it when I see two fan bases interacting with respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                              I have high standards for us as a fanbase.
                              This is where you failed. Set standards for yourself all you like, but don't expect anyone else to follow. Its a waste of energy.

Comment

• And the only time when two fanbases show mutual respect for one another is when one is a loser and the other feels sorry for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X