No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea didn't really understand Texas game plan down the stretch. Down two with the ball and all that size down low and they would just dribble down and chuck up a three point brick. Did the same thing several times when they had lots of time to work for a good shot. Big 12 reminds me of the D league in the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
      Yea didn't really understand Texas game plan down the stretch. Down two with the ball and all that size down low and they would just dribble down and chuck up a three point brick. Did the same thing several times when they had lots of time to work for a good shot. Big 12 reminds me of the D league in the NBA.
      Been a problem for Barnes. Can get some great talent, but doesn't usually coach em up too much.

Comment

• Texas, Oklahoma, Ok St, and Baylor. I'm betting these teams all combine for maybe 2 wins in the NCAA tourney this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
          Texas, Oklahoma, Ok St, and Baylor. I'm betting these teams all combine for maybe 2 wins in the NCAA tourney this year.
          If a bet required only 3 wins out of those 4 teams combined, I'd be pretty excited about my chances. I think 2 wins is very low. I'd put the over/under at closer to 4.

Comment

• I thought Texas would go 1-5 down the stretch.

If they do, they shouldn't even he a tourney team.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Using KenPom rankings and looking at Texas... if they go 1-5 down the stretch with the win being home vs. K-State (easiest game remaining).

1-13 vs top 35
              6-0 vs 36-100
              6-0 vs 100-200
              5-0 vs 200+

What a weird resume! It wouldn't deserve a high seed, but I still think it belongs in the tourney. Maybe 11-12 range.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                Using KenPom rankings and looking at Texas... if they go 1-5 down the stretch with the win being home vs. K-State (easiest game remaining).

1-13 vs top 35
                6-0 vs 36-100
                6-0 vs 100-200
                5-0 vs 200+

What a weird resume! It wouldn't deserve a high seed, but I still think it belongs in the tourney. Maybe 11-12 range.
                Make them play the play-in game.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Like I said before, let these teams get their good seeds in the Dance. I hope Texas and some of these other inconsistent teams that have a few good wins come in at something ridiculous like a 3-7 seed. Guys like Chris Jans will really appreciate that.

Comment

• I have been lazy lately.

Tulsa vs. East Carolina, 6 PM on ESPNU
                    GW vs. Davidson, 6 PM
                    Missouri State vs. Indiana State, 7 PM on ESPN3
                    Loyola vs. #11 Northern Iowa, 7 PM
                    Detroit @ Green Bay, 7 PM on ESPN3
                    Bradley vs. Illinois State, 8 PM on ESPN3

#12 Louisville @ Syracuse, 6 PM on ESPN
                    #5 Wisconsin @ Penn State, 6 PM on Big Ten Network
                    #14 Iowa State @ #22 Oklahoma State, 8 PM on ESPNU
                    #4 Duke vs. #15 UNC, 8 PM on ESPN
                    #18 Arkansas vs. Mizzou, 8 PM on SEC Network

I am feeling losses for #s 12, 14 and 15 in our fine nation this evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Been a problem for Barnes. Can get some great talent, but doesn't usually coach em up too much.
                      Sounds like Ted Owens at k who back in the day.

Comment

If a bet required only 3 wins out of those 4 teams combined, I'd be pretty excited about my chances. I think 2 wins is very low. I'd put the over/under at closer to 4.
                        Since you usually remember posts so well, go ahead and hold on to this one and let's see where we come out. Just for fun.

Comment

• Chris Jans goes up against John Cooper tonight. Cooper hasn't managed to turn around Miami, he's in his 3rd year and is 9-16.

Comment

• Tulsa and GW appear to have their grooves back.

Tulsa leading ECU 35-19 at halftime, and GW leads Davidson 31-23 at the half as well.

As they say in Kazakhstan, very nice.

Comment

Using KenPom rankings and looking at Texas... if they go 1-5 down the stretch with the win being home vs. K-State (easiest game remaining).

1-13 vs top 35
                              6-0 vs 36-100
                              6-0 vs 100-200
                              5-0 vs 200+

So Texas pretty much wins the games they're supposed to and rolls over and dies for good opponents? The committee should let them sort it out in the NIT.

I was at the Texas vs. OU game Tuesday - Texas is so poorly coached it is a wonder they can even find the arena. There are some STUDS on that team but they couldn't run an offensive set if their next meal depended upon it. They had OU beat and took quick, dumb shots down the stretch on a few crucial possessions.

Oh, and Texas has a point guard that looks like a hobbit.

--'85.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Tulsa and GW appear to have their grooves back.

Tulsa leading ECU 35-19 at halftime, and GW leads Davidson 31-23 at the half as well.

As they say in Kazakhstan, very nice.
                                I like.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X