No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I counted right...and that's a BIG if...ku scored 29 points in the second half. 17 of those 29 points were from the charity stripe. So ku scored a whooping 12 points from the field in the second half. The majority of the fouls called on Iowa St. were "fishy". I don't like ku.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
      Will be interesting to see if Kansas falls to 3 seed now. Gonzaga should end up overall #7 now. Iowa State could vault to #8 overall and pass Kansas but who knows.
      Due to law KU can't drop. But they should at least be a #2 in Kentucky's bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
        Due to law KU can't drop. But they should at least be a #2 in Kentucky's bracket.
        That is a great idea. And send them to Portland.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Lunardi has KU playing San Diego St or VCU in their 2nd game. They would never see Kentucky.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
            Another "good loss" moves them up to the #1 line...........

Comment

• North Carolina and Notre Dame are teams I would want to play, so inconsistent with ball handling.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                KU now could be not just a 1 seed. But the overall #1 seed with such a quality loss.
                Once again, I saw so many positives and moral victories in that loss. Jayhawks are overall #1 no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                  Once again, I saw so many positives and moral victories in that loss. Jayhawks are overall #1 no doubt.
                  I don't think there is even a question about it.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Not going to dance but still good to see Matt Braeuer on the Sam Houston bench on the duece.

Comment

• The Big XII is just so gosh darn tough.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Not going to dance but still good to see Matt Braeuer on the Sam Houston bench on the duece.
                        I thought he was on Turgeon's staff?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          I thought he was on Turgeon's staff?
                          He's been with Sam Houston for the last 2 seasons as a real assistant.

Comment

• New Mexico State won the WAC Tournament in blow out fashion today. They also won the regular season title and their rpi is just barely over 100. Hawaii made it to the Big West championship game, knocking off regular season champ UC-Davis (coached by Jim Les) in the semis. They looked good in the first half, but kind of fell apart down the stretch and ended up losing to UCI. It will be Irvine's first appearance ever in the big dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              New Mexico State won the WAC Tournament in blow out fashion today. They also won the regular season title and their rpi is just barely over 100. Hawaii made it to the Big West championship game, knocking off regular season champ UC-Davis (coached by Jim Les) in the semis. They looked good in the first half, but kind of fell apart down the stretch and ended up losing to UCI. It will be Irvine's first appearance ever in the big dance.
                              All things considered, that Hawaii coach did a hell of a job this year. Whomever draws Irvine is going to ***** to high heaven about that big kid (7'6" So. from Senegal). He's far from great and nobody will confuse him with Patrick Ewing as a shot blocker, but he'll make you adjust your game plan for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                they had a big lead in the second half (before losing).. that's what counts most

Comment

Working...
                                X