2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
    In case you haven't figured it out by now, the #1 rule on shockernet seems to be that you are not allowed to be a fan of any other college team but Wichita St. and you are not allowed to cheer for another team. And god forbid you're also a fan of KU or K-State. Yes I agree, it is quite petty and annoying, and while I understand the reasons that many on these boards do not like KU and/or Bill Self (not sure what their problem is with K-State), it still gets annoying being told you're not allowed to be a fan of another team and that if you are, it "makes you less of a Shocker fan."

I personally cheer for many teams in many different sports, and will continue to do so, whether the majority likes it or not. I'm a K-State fan as well, and while I don't really care one way or the other how KU does as I'm not particularly a Bill Self fan, I am a fan of Perry Ellis and I want him to do well. If that means KU does well in the process, so be it. Now after Perry is gone, then it is back to hating on KU. :)
    It's Shocker board, not a college basketball board. Quit being such a big baby about it.

Comment

In case you haven't figured it out by now, the #1 rule on shockernet seems to be that you are not allowed to be a fan of any other college team but Wichita St. and you are not allowed to cheer for another team. And god forbid you're also a fan of KU or K-State. Yes I agree, it is quite petty and annoying, and while I understand the reasons that many on these boards do not like KU and/or Bill Self (not sure what their problem is with K-State), it still gets annoying being told you're not allowed to be a fan of another team and that if you are, it "makes you less of a Shocker fan."

I personally cheer for many teams in many different sports, and will continue to do so, whether the majority likes it or not. I'm a K-State fan as well, and while I don't really care one way or the other how KU does as I'm not particularly a Bill Self fan, I am a fan of Perry Ellis and I want him to do well. If that means KU does well in the process, so be it. Now after Perry is gone, then it is back to hating on KU. :)
      Don't be a drama queen.

I had FSU's logo in my avatar next to WuShock for damn near three years and only had one moron take a shot at me for it in that entire timeframe.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Blah blah blah......QQ
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If the lack of KU or KSU worshiping is that bothersome to you, you are free to leave the board at any time.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            If the lack of KU or KSU worshiping is that bothersome to you, you are free to leave the board at any time.
            Please do not upset him Fever. Oh how I would miss the riveting reviews of the officiating by our resident expert YMCA ref!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
              Honestly, all the KU bashing on this site gets annoying. You all appear like jealous little girls with the way you talk about them. Are there things to dislike about the relationship between WSU and KU? Yep. Are there things to dislike about KU in general? Yep, but the way some WSU fans try to constantly degrade them makes it seem like they are actually envious of KU and insecure about their own team. It makes you look weak and bitter. They have one of the most storied programs in college basketball history. They have the second most wins of all time. They have 5 national champions (including preNCAA). The amount of conference titles they have is just absurd. The last time they didn't make the tourney was the year I was born. Acting like they are terrible and overrated (they have gone to 2 national championships the last decade) just makes you and us the WSU fan base look bad. I expect more out of this fan base. I am not saying you have to like them, but some of you are acting like that girl who is insecure and jealous of the other pretty girl, so she makes up stuff behind her back.

Ok, rant over.
              Great points. So does that make the UK fans that come to this board to bash KU like the insecure girlfriends? And what about the WSU bashing by KU and KState fans on twitter and their message boards? Like the insecure big sisters?
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Superior 1-12 up one point over Drake with 13 mins to go in 1st half.

9-8 with 12:45 to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  Superior 1-12 up one point over Drake with 13 mins to go in 1st half.

9-8 with 12:45 to go.
                  BTW, if my redbird bashing is offensive to anyone, I apologize in advance.There is no need to voice your hurts. :worked_till_5am:

Comment

• I would suspect that Muller will take it easy on the dogs because coach jack-o- lantern has a great big man crush on him.

13-12 with 9:03 to go. Superior 1-12 with the lead.

Comment

• You're right, I'm sure we will give him a nice welcome to the friendly confines of Koch Arena.

Comment

• Redbirds must have subbed in 13-17. Down by 5 to the dogs with 7 and change to go.

Comment

• It's going to get really funny if Drake wins this

Comment

• It's halftime at the DesMoines Love Fest

The Superior 12 lead 29-27. Coach Jack-o-lantern seen blowing kisses to Muller as he exited the court.

Comment

• #9 Iowa State 71,
                              KSU 69

1 minute left in Ames. This one is win-win IMO b/c an ISU loss at home is a stinker and good news for our ranking. OTOH, a Cyclone win lets them keep pace with KU and puts them one game closer to ending their streak at the top of the Deep-but-never-great XII.

Comment

• Love Fest halftime stats

Team Stats ILST DRKE
                                Shooting 11-23 (.478) 9-27 (.333)
                                3PT Shooting 2-7 (.286) 3-8 (.375)
                                Free Throws 5-10 (.500) 6-8 (.750)
                                Rebounds 5-19 5-16
                                Assists 3 5
                                Steals 3 3
                                Blocks 2 0
                                Turnovers 6 5
                                Fouls 8 10