2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    This kind of crap always seems to happen to KU.
    While not TOTALLY disagreeing with your premise, it's more of a home team thing......ISU shot 42 free throws Saturday to KU's 10.....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      While not TOTALLY disagreeing with your premise, it's more of a home team thing......ISU shot 42 free throws Saturday to KU's 10.....
      Must be why KU never plays anyone on the road.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• You mean that KU and other P5 schools have some built in advantages over schools like Gonzaga and WSU. That makes the high level of BB played at Top 15 non P5 schools even more amazing. All the advantages go against them. That is imo what is overlooked by P5 protectors and apologists. I won't mention names because they don't even recognize it in their opinions.

Comment

• Pretty light Tuesday.

Davidson vs. #22 Dayton, 6:30 PM on CBS Sports
          Drake vs. Illinois State, 7 PM

#9 Iowa State vs. Kansas State, 6 PM on ESPN2
          #6 Wisconsin vs. #25 Iowa, 8 PM on ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            You mean that KU and other P5 schools have some built in advantages over schools like Gonzaga and WSU. That makes the high level of BB played at Top 15 non P5 schools even more amazing. All the advantages go against them. That is imo what is overlooked by P5 protectors and apologists. I won't mention names because they don't even recognize it in their opinions.
            KU and other P5 schools absolutely have major built in advantages over schools like Gonzaga and WSU. Vast, incredible advantages. Even once you go beyond the financial advantages, they have vast room for error with so many quality opponents they're able to play, they have a huge advantage in being able to play far more home games than elsewhere in the noncon, and so on. Gonzaga and WSU also have major built-in advantages over even schools within their own conferences -- UNI doesn't have the opportunity to get home games against quality opponents the way that we do. No one plays on a level playing field. Everyone plays on fields built by luck, conference, or past success.

None of that backs up your "bias" argument that lets you cite advanced statistics when they fit your narrative and ignore them when they don't.

And if you're just going to go around taking potshots at people that disagree with you as "P5 protectors and apologists" with childish comments about "not mentioning names," I'll soon be taking the opportunity to put you on ignore and miss out on your beautifully biased insults that you make in place of having an actual intelligent conversation. I have no interest in people that have a clear obsession with KU and "P5 bias" that refuse to engage someone in a logical discussion and instead just run behind them and take childish potshots.
            Last edited by Rlh04d; January 20, 2015, 10:18 AM.
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I think we disagree but we should agree not to take this too seriously. There is no debate trophy here.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I think we disagree but we should agree not to take this too seriously. There is no debate trophy here.
                Yeah, we definitely shouldn't try to discuss our differences on a discussion board. That'd be ridiculous.

What you should do is just keep following me into different threads and calling me biased without making any effort to back up your insult. There's probably a trophy for that, isn't there? I could probably come up with a name for it.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone has pointed out that the reporter before the halftime asked the Rug if he is going to talk to his team about last year when they had a big lead against OU and they came back.

He said he didn't want to put bad thoughts in their heads but thanked her for bringing it up and **** grinned his way to the locker room.

Thought was pretty damn funny when it did happen again.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Honestly, all the KU bashing on this site gets annoying. You all appear like jealous little girls with the way you talk about them. Are there things to dislike about the relationship between WSU and KU? Yep. Are there things to dislike about KU in general? Yep, but the way some WSU fans try to constantly degrade them makes it seem like they are actually envious of KU and insecure about their own team. It makes you look weak and bitter. They have one of the most storied programs in college basketball history. They have the second most wins of all time. They have 5 national champions (including preNCAA). The amount of conference titles they have is just absurd. The last time they didn't make the tourney was the year I was born. Acting like they are terrible and overrated (they have gone to 2 national championships the last decade) just makes you and us the WSU fan base look bad. I expect more out of this fan base. I am not saying you have to like them, but some of you are acting like that girl who is insecure and jealous of the other pretty girl, so she makes up stuff behind her back.

Ok, rant over.

Comment

• While I agree that the KU bashing on this site is tired and annoying, to be fair, the Phog will have many a topic devoted to WSU. These range from the numerous "WSU On Upset Alert" anytime we're in the midst of a close claim to a perceived inferior opponent to discussions about Gregg Marshall and the ever popular scheduling dead horse.

I have no problem with KU phucks discussing us (even if they are attempting to clown us). If they are, it means we're nationally relevant. What's the old saying, it's when you're no longer being discussed is the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        Honestly, all the KU bashing on this site gets annoying. You all appear like jealous little girls with the way you talk about them. Are there things to dislike about the relationship between WSU and KU? Yep. Are there things to dislike about KU in general? Yep, but the way some WSU fans try to constantly degrade them makes it seem like they are actually envious of KU and insecure about their own team. It makes you look weak and bitter. They have one of the most storied programs in college basketball history. They have the second most wins of all time. They have 5 national champions (including preNCAA). The amount of conference titles they have is just absurd. The last time they didn't make the tourney was the year I was born. Acting like they are terrible and overrated (they have gone to 2 national championships the last decade) just makes you and us the WSU fan base look bad. I expect more out of this fan base. I am not saying you have to like them, but some of you are acting like that girl who is insecure and jealous of the other pretty girl, so she makes up stuff behind her back.

Ok, rant over.
                        In case you haven't figured it out by now, the #1 rule on shockernet seems to be that you are not allowed to be a fan of any other college team but Wichita St. and you are not allowed to cheer for another team. And god forbid you're also a fan of KU or K-State. Yes I agree, it is quite petty and annoying, and while I understand the reasons that many on these boards do not like KU and/or Bill Self (not sure what their problem is with K-State), it still gets annoying being told you're not allowed to be a fan of another team and that if you are, it "makes you less of a Shocker fan."

I personally cheer for many teams in many different sports, and will continue to do so, whether the majority likes it or not. I'm a K-State fan as well, and while I don't really care one way or the other how KU does as I'm not particularly a Bill Self fan, I am a fan of Perry Ellis and I want him to do well. If that means KU does well in the process, so be it. Now after Perry is gone, then it is back to hating on KU. :)

Comment

• The great prophet WuShock has been insulted! Behead the infidels!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            While I agree that the KU bashing on this site is tired and annoying, to be fair, the Phog will have many a topic devoted to WSU. These range from the numerous "WSU On Upset Alert" anytime we're in the midst of a close claim to a perceived inferior opponent to discussions about Gregg Marshall and the ever popular scheduling dead horse.

I have no problem with KU phucks discussing us (even if they are attempting to clown us). If they are, it means we're nationally relevant. What's the old saying, it's when you're no longer being discussed is the problem.
                            Just for reference, this is what their board looked like when we played @ SWOMO last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              The great prophet WuShock has been insulted! Behead the infidels!!!!!!!!
                              Too soon and in poor taste.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                                Honestly, all the KU bashing on this site gets annoying. You all appear like jealous little girls with the way you talk about them. Are there things to dislike about the relationship between WSU and KU? Yep. Are there things to dislike about KU in general? Yep, but the way some WSU fans try to constantly degrade them makes it seem like they are actually envious of KU and insecure about their own team. It makes you look weak and bitter. They have one of the most storied programs in college basketball history. They have the second most wins of all time. They have 5 national champions (including preNCAA). The amount of conference titles they have is just absurd. The last time they didn't make the tourney was the year I was born. Acting like they are terrible and overrated (they have gone to 2 national championships the last decade) just makes you and us the WSU fan base look bad. I expect more out of this fan base. I am not saying you have to like them, but some of you are acting like that girl who is insecure and jealous of the other pretty girl, so she makes up stuff behind her back.

Ok, rant over.
                                You must've not read Phognet, oh, in the last century.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X