No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeating what several other Shocker Texans have heard from others, a UT alum I work with told me that for Rick Barnes to keep his job:
    1) He had to get into the NCAA
    2) He has to win is first round game.

Even #1 is a crapshoot right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Utah vs Stanford about to start:

Bill Walton: "Blah blah blah"
      Bill's Sidekick: "I'm sure we will get your public service announcement soon enough, but we need to get on to the starting lineups. For Utah..."

lol
      I genuinely feel for Dave Pasch (his sidekick). Trying to do his job and Walton comes in talking about the Grateful Dead and Lord knows what else.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        Repeating what several other Shocker Texans have heard from others, a UT alum I work with told me that for Rick Barnes to keep his job:
        1) He had to get into the NCAA
        2) He has to win is first round game.

Even #1 is a crapshoot right now.
        I think this year in particular, "getting in" won't be enough because of how they will have done it (by the skin of their teeth as a joke of an at-large, much to the frustration of BYU's, Tulsa's, Murray State's everywhere). IF they get in because of the strength of the Big 12, they will definitely have to win a game for him to keep his job. If they get beat in their first game, I'd say he's still gone.

Having said that, I'm very much rooting for Texas. I want them to get in and win a bunch of games while the top half of the Big 12 loses in the first round. They are the kind of team that can beat someone really good, but then lose to a terrible team in the next round.

Comment

• Bill Walton is so delusional and discombobulated that he's actually quite funny and entertaining. I think that's why ESPN continues to put him on the air.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Bill Walton is so delusional and discombobulated that he's actually quite funny and entertaining. I think that's why ESPN continues to put him on the air.
            Yeah. He's definitely entertaining at times. Many times, he gets out of hand and Pasch has to reel him in. It's kinda comical, especially since I don't watch much Pac-12 basketball.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Way too many magic mushrooms in his youth. Of course there may have been way too many of everything. I wonder if he and Gary Busey ever partied together?

Comment

• Saw this the other day - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ations/page/13 - Bill Walton said on the air, “I have milked a cow before. And I have been milked.” The picture on the web site of his partner's face is priceless, although I don't know if that was from when he said it or that's how he looks all the time when partnering up with Walton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                  Saw this the other day - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ations/page/13 - Bill Walton said on the air, “I have milked a cow before. And I have been milked.” The picture on the web site of his partner's face is priceless, although I don't know if that was from when he said it or that's how he looks all the time when partnering up with Walton.
                  Frank Caliendo nails Wild Bill.

Comment

• AAC (SMU) and A-10 (Davidson) champs in trouble in the quarters of their conference tournaments.

LaSalle 64, Davidson 57....5:02 remaining

SMU 63, ECU 62....4:56 remaining

Comment

• Davidson escapes in the final seconds, 67-66 Final. SMU channels its coach's spirit animal and weasels out a victory as well.

Bubble teams breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                          Watching Wisky/Michigan, please tell me we aren't going to get those stupid ass looking uniforms. KU had 'em the other night, now these jagoffs too. Please no.
                          Makes me glad we don't have Adidas jerseys

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                            Makes me glad we don't have Adidas jerseys
                            Adidas always tries to make a splash come tourney time to catch up with Nike but they just keep embarrassing themselves.

Glad KU uses them.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• For all you Bill Walton fans

I came across this on a site that collects news. I'm not a particularly a big fan of HP, but since everyone seems to laugh at Bill, I thought I would post it:

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                                I came across this on a site that collects news. I'm not a particularly a big fan of HP, but since everyone seems to laugh at Bill, I thought I would post it:
                                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6864208.html
                                Single biggest reason to tune into Pac 12 broadcasts. Dude is on another planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X