2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    I hate the Valley, and I don't use the "h" word lightly. If you are going to suck in your non-con, please just go ahead and continue sucking in the con. The Valley is awesome at pissing in its own punch bowl.
    I know what you mean. Can you imagine how irritated Big 12 fans would be if someone like, oh, say crappy old K-State, went out and won some conference games and actually took over 1st place 5 games into the conference season? It sure is crazy how that type of thing only happens in the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Watching the end of Loyola @ SIU game. Close game but the atmosphere it totally uninspiring.
      I'll bet Higgins, Hall and Whitehead wondered what in the hell they did wrong to get stuck in Carbondale on a Sunday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        Saluki's pick up their first Valley win and it's against Loyola. Team stats below:

Team Stats L-IL SIU
        Shooting 19-42 (.452) 20-45 (.444)
        3PT Shooting 4-13 (.308) 2-11 (.182)
        Free Throws 10-12 (.833) 17-22 (.773)
        Rebounds 2-20 10-33
        Assists 12 8
        Steals 5 6
        Blocks 2 0
        Turnovers 10 12
        Fouls 18 18
        Largest Lead - -

Beanie w/ 20 pts
        Milton Doyle is going to have to take more than 2 shots if Loyola is going to contend for 3-6 in the Valley and avoid Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          They've done it several times this year. Most recently, last week at Bradley, when they had a 25 point lead in the second half and had it disappear all the way to 6, before hitting some free throws and winning by about 10.
          We've had some games like that, too. Easy to pull up and want to coast the rest of the way when you're dominating a team like Bradley.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            I know what you mean. Can you imagine how irritated Big 12 fans would be if someone like, oh, say crappy old K-State, went out and won some conference games and actually took over 1st place 5 games into the conference season? It sure is crazy how that type of thing only happens in the Valley.
            It helps when "crappy old K-State" would still be a top half Valley team, even before the conference season had started.
            Last edited by Rlh04d; January 19, 2015, 10:03 AM.
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              While i understand your point, public perceptions of the two scenarios are completely different. I constantly hear how tough and deep the Big 12 is from the media. Indiana State's little run is not perceived as the valley being deep and tough. If Loyola, Evansville and Northern Iowa all beat WSU on their home floor it would be used to punish WSU exclusively, with the media feeding in the narrative that WSU was overrated. And none of those teams would get as much credit for getting the win.

That's why the valley is so frustrating.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                While i understand your point, public perceptions of the two scenarios are completely different. I constantly hear how tough and deep the Big 12 is from the media. Indiana State's little run is not perceived as the valley being deep and tough. If Loyola, Evansville and Northern Iowa all beat WSU on their home floor it would be used to punish WSU exclusively, with the media feeding in the narrative that WSU was overrated. And none of those teams would get as much credit for getting the win.

That's why the valley is so frustrating.
                It's not media narrative. It's numbers.

Indiana State was 4-8 against the #210 noncon SOS (and could have easily been 2-10). That's not media narrative ... that's bad. K-State, although their success should hurt the B12 narrative, was still 7-6 against a nearly identical SOS. That's clearly far better than the Valley's current situation.

More importantly, when 70% of your conference is the top 50 RPI, you're going to have a positive media narrative. When 50% of your conference is worse than 150 RPI, you're going to have a negative media narrative.
                Last edited by Rlh04d; January 19, 2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  When 50% of your conference is worse than 150 RPI, you're going to have a negative media narrative.
                  Make that 50% worse than 180 RPI.

Comment

• Watching Choo Kennedy, Billy Tubbs et al cut down nets in AFH years ago still warms my heart. That they did it while just clinching a tie for the Big 8 makes it even more enjoyable.

If you're going to be a complete dick, be a dick to KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                      Gross. I can't say that I disagree with the sentiment though.

Comment

• I'm sure KU fans don't like when they talk about tough players and they mention Antoine Carr.

Comment

• Can someone let Villanova know their game at Georgetown has started ?
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Is Villanova elite?

#4 down 42-19 with a minute to go in the first half.

Comment

• Detroit wins at Northeastern 81-69 in OT.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Oklahoma comes all the way back to tie the game at 56 all once down 19 at the half. I know its wishful thinking that Kansas loses but we can hope.
                                2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                                2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                                2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                                2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                                The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Working...
                                X