No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is exactly why we do not get respect from some, particularly the Beakers. We no not have any future NBA stars on our roster, in the eyes of some folks. Personally, I prefer having a good basketball TEAM instead of being an NBA farm club.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
      Make sure you guys watch the beginning of the 7pm Sportscenter on ESPN News (2245 Cox), they did a really cool 30 for 30 spoof on the Shockers.
      Can you describe for us who didn't see it? I wasn't able to find it anywhere. How long was it? Who did it (a main ESPN sportscaster person)? What was so funny about it? What was the theme (us going for 30 wins, I assume)? Thanks!

Comment

• Time will tell if we have any NBA'ers. We may have 3 in the starting lineup. I never thought Toure Murry was a future NBA player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          Every time I see Gottlieb, I think how much he looks like that perv Anthony Weiner.
          There are other similarities, such as when Gottlieb dropped his shorts during a game. "Shorts on backwards!"

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
            Seriuosly...who would have ever thought at that midnight game vs. Western Kentucky that we'd be undefeated 3 1/2 months later?!
            The Rockstar grannies are who thought that. They probably thought that we would never lose another game when they were pounding that drink, they probably also thought that they could go out to a halfpipe and do a switch double 1440 followed by a double cork before they experienced the energy drink crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
              I couldn't find the target language in Google translate... can someone help me out here?
              See MoST
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                Can you describe for us who didn't see it? I wasn't able to find it anywhere. How long was it? Who did it (a main ESPN sportscaster person)? What was so funny about it? What was the theme (us going for 30 wins, I assume)? Thanks!
                I've been looking and I don't think it's going to be put up anywhere. They did a piece that was a couple of minutes and a spoof of the 30 for 30 films to go along with our 30th win, I believe it was the SC anchor Lindsay Czarniak who did the voiceover in the way the guy who does the 30 for 30 films does it, she said something along the lines of "What if I told you a college basketball team was about to go 30 and 0 for the first time in the regular season ever, and what if I told you they just came off of a final 4 appearance."etc. They then showed some stylized highlights and such and made a ticket, again both in a way to look like they do the 30 for 30s, that said something like Wichita State 30 for 30. They lead off the show with it and it was pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
                  I couldn't find the target language in Google translate... can someone help me out here?
                  Wut 's t' prob'lm? Wile i egree t's hard ti re'd, i undrst'd ev' sntnce 'n dat sury.
                  “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Shox #1 is latest Power Rankings...

Comment

• A little love from Lebron James:

@KingJames
                      Follow
                      S/O to my lil cousin @DCarter12_!! Proud of u and the team fam! 30-0 to start the season! Keep it going Shockers #Akron #StriveForGreatness
                      8:06 AM - 26 Feb 2014

Comment

• I have seen a couple articles regarding the Shocks written by this guy/site. Unfortunately, they are too painful to read. I understand that the gibberish is his shtick, but why on Earth would anyone choose that to be their shtick?

Comment

• A lot of good Shocker pub right now on ESPN Radio with SVP & Rusillo

Comment

• Even the weatherman loves the Shockers.

Some of you might remember the local TV weatherman in Wichita named Mike Smith on Channel 3 (then KARD, now known as KSNW.) He's now a private sector meteorologist and publishes his own blog. He has some opinions about the Shockers I thought I would share.

Just go to his blog site here and scroll down a few stories:

The Leading Blog About Weather, Climate and Business. We are passionate about liberty, free enterprise, and traditional American values.

Comment

• WTF? That hurts my eyes.
                              "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Working...
                              X