Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    This is the impression I'm getting more and more. Unless you're talking to one of the DG's (dumbass Gottlieb and dumbass *******) or a BCS fan, WSU is way closer to the overall #1 seed than not a #1 seed. Obviously a WSU loss would change all that, but so would losses by our peers (Cuse, FLA, Zona, Duke, KU).
    I understand all the hubbub about KU's strength of schedule (full disclosure, I like and follow KU basketball) but I don't get all the talk about them being a number one seed with all of their losses. It is impressive that they've won 10 straight Big 12 conference championships including a share of the title this year, but they've also lost SIX games this season. The Shox have not lost a game. Period.

But give the Shockers anything lower than a 1 seed and watch Marshall turn that into one of his patented "you are just as talented and deserving" mantras and this team will double down the intensity. In a way, I'd actually prefer that turn of events.

Comment

• Here's an interesting read about the origination of the term "mid-major" and how the likes of WSU's and SLU's programs could signal the end of the term.

Some good quotes from 3G including this one: “I do think it’s interesting that Creighton was one of the top teams with us the last couple years in this league,” said Marshall, whose Shockers already have wrapped up the Missouri Valley title. “Now they go to the Big East, considered an elite league, and they’re dominating the league, and us with them gone are having to justify our (30-0) record. That’s an interesting quandary.”

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
        Am I the only one who wishes his show was on in the Sports Daily time slot?
        I totally agree. Anything to get B&B off the air. If Shane can't do that time slot then let Jeff and Jamin take it over. B&B are barely above the kids on KGSO in the morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          I totally agree. Anything to get B&B off the air. If Shane can't do that time slot then let Jeff and Jamin take it over. B&B are barely above the kids on KGSO in the morning.
          The kids on KGSO are growing on me. The fact that they use a fake don pardo makes me want to love them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            The kids on KGSO are growing on me. The fact that they use a fake don pardo makes me want to love them.
            They are learning their market at last. The one that sounds like dave phillips has finally figured it out that its Wichita and not larryville or title town south. They have done a much better job this year in knowing WSU. When he first showed up it was like listening to dave phillips and his flagship love hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
              Am I the only one who wishes his show was on in the Sports Daily time slot?
              You are not.

Comment

• Go to me kenpom.com and read blog entry for today excellent!
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Kent Babb who use to work at KC Star and now is currently at the Washington Post is a South Carolina fan talked to Gregg Marshall:

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 23m
                  This morning I spoke w/Gregg Marshall, and we talked Wichita, Winthrop & South Carolina. Maybe my new favorite coach. Dude doesn't give a...

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 22m
                  Marshall, for the uninitiated, for ys wanted the S.C. job. S.C. thought he was a cocky jerk. Yada yada yada, S.C. sucks & Wichita is great.

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 19m
                  Marshall approached SC in '01, they told him he wasn't ready. In '07, they didn't even call him. In '12, they did & he was all: Ha ha ha ha

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 16m
                  He also told me SC offered less money than Nebraska. SC wanted a discount coach bc he wanted job. Now who's the cocky jerk? You, Gamecocks.
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    Go to me kenpom.com and read blog entry for today excellent!
                    If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      Kent Babb who use to work at KC Star and now is currently at the Washington Post is a South Carolina fan talked to Gregg Marshall:

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 23m
                      This morning I spoke w/Gregg Marshall, and we talked Wichita, Winthrop & South Carolina. Maybe my new favorite coach. Dude doesn't give a...

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 22m
                      Marshall, for the uninitiated, for ys wanted the S.C. job. S.C. thought he was a cocky jerk. Yada yada yada, S.C. sucks & Wichita is great.

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 19m
                      Marshall approached SC in '01, they told him he wasn't ready. In '07, they didn't even call him. In '12, they did & he was all: Ha ha ha ha

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 16m
                      He also told me SC offered less money than Nebraska. SC wanted a discount coach bc he wanted job. Now who's the cocky jerk? You, Gamecocks.
                      Paul Strelow covers the Clemson Tigers for Rivals, formally of "The State"

Paul Strelow ‏@PaulS:trelowTI 1h

@kentbabb I think Marshall is someone you want coaching your team, but not someone you feel great about hiring as your employee.

@kentbabb You can be egotistical but still work well on an AD team. He just rubs people the wrong way, turn off when need a program seller.

@robertneely @kentbabb Well, SC had leverage w/ FM who wanted out; GM had $ leverage vs. SC. Plus there is likeable side to FM.

@kentbabb Not saying S. Carolina shouldn't have tried hiring him last 2 go-rounds. But I can see why they'd say, eh, there are other options

This guy is blissfully unaware of his ignorance.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• "Pundits must take one of two sides of the story and do everything they can to defend their position. There is no room for nuance."

A-freaking-men. This is exactly why DG is driving me crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

@kentbabb I think Marshall is someone you want coaching your team, but not someone you feel great about hiring as your employee.

@kentbabb You can be egotistical but still work well on an AD team. He just rubs people the wrong way, turn off when need a program seller.

@robertneely @kentbabb Well, SC had leverage w/ FM who wanted out; GM had $ leverage vs. SC. Plus there is likeable side to FM.

@kentbabb Not saying S. Carolina shouldn't have tried hiring him last 2 go-rounds. But I can see why they'd say, eh, there are other options

Best way to sell a program is winning. Gregg seems to be doing a fine job selling his program in multiple ways.

He lost all credibility with saying Frank Martin has a likable side (and implying Gregg doesn't).

Comment

• If you are an SC or Clemson fan and you need a coach to "sell" your program, you have made the decision that it's not about winning.

That is Mid-Major.

And HCGM has done it the right way. He graduates kids and runs a clean program.

We're talking about the "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'" SEC.

What a moron.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                              "Pundits must take one of two sides of the story and do everything they can to defend their position. There is no room for nuance."

A-freaking-men. This is exactly why DG is driving me crazy.
                              Love this statement:

"Really, it’s a logical fallacy and just plain lazy to define a team’s ability by its schedule."
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

Paul Strelow ‏@PaulStrelowTI 1h

I wonder if either of these guys, as Gregg said, have ever met Gregg.

I'll say once again that until I met Gregg one on one, I did not"like" him as a person. But, first impressions from afar can be deceiving.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X