No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @bob:lutz: Bob Lutz: Shockers’ perfect season builts toward stunning climax. http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/25/331...ct-season.html
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      @boblutz: Bob Lutz: Shockers’ perfect season builts toward stunning climax. http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/25/331...ct-season.html
      People can bag on Lutz all they want, but this article personifies everything I've been feeling lately. Is 40-0 really that crazy of an idea at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
        Make sure you guys watch the beginning of the 7pm Sportscenter on ESPN News (2245 Cox), they did a really cool 30 for 30 spoof on the Shockers.
        Is there a link to this?

Comment

• Fortunately, none of this changes the pure nature of the thing itself: 30-0. Whatever you make of the Shockers' season, and whatever happens in the weeks to come, there is no altering the simple fact of a team that has played 30 college basketball games and won them all.

Eventually, we'll forget about everything else. But 30-0? That will last.

Let's start with the thing itself: On Tuesday night, in Peoria, Ill., Wichita State did something no college basketball team has ever done: start 30-0 in the regular season.

Comment

• The Border Patrol on 810 WHB just covered WSU making history and they are lovin' on HCGM. It is very nice to hear positive coverage of the Shox North of Wichita.
            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
              The Border Patrol on 810 WHB just covered WSU making history and they are lovin' on HCGM. It is very nice to hear positive coverage of the Shox North of Wichita.
              Absolutely worth a listen when it comes up on podcast. Short, but sweet, with Mike Decoursey It's the last 2 or 3 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                Absolutely worth a listen when it comes up on podcast. Short, but sweet, with Mike Decoursey It's the last 2 or 3 minutes.
                I'm just replying to make sure I remember to listen to this later

Comment

• LeBron James ‏@KingJames 18m

S/O to my lil cousin @DCarter12_!! Proud of u and the team fam! 30-0 to start the season! Keep it going Shockers #Akron #StriveForGreatness
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Yahoo Front Page - #1 - (02-26-14).jpg

Comment

• Complete with references from MTXE to Rockstar Grannies, good stuff!
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• 2014 NBA Draft: Undefeetid Wichita State Nairy Without Possibull NBA Prospects

Wichita State has startid 30-0 n’ t' seesen, by fur t' bes start n’ t' mid-majer basketball program’s histry, an’ is poiset ta grab one o’t' fer one-seeds n’ t' upcomyun’ NCAA Tournament. Thay also became t' furst team ta start a seesen 30-0 befor conferance tournament play.

Howev'r, Wichita State’s success thishere seesen isn’t devoid o’sum controversy. Playyun’ n’ t' , t' Shockers have’t see t' highest level o’competishun. N’ fack, Wichita State has bee up agin jes one opponent rankyun’ n’ t' top 50 n’ RPI an’ jes fer opponants inside t' top 100.

Wit a mid-majer program a'havin enermyus success n’ college basketball, these air t' concerns at arise an’, ta a sartin degree, have ta be addresset. A'ken thay rilly hang wit t' majer programs? Hoe good is thishere team, rilly? Do thay have inny guys at a'ken ackshly play at t' nex level?

Wile t' uther questchuns air onlee speculatif’ at thishere point, t' questchun about wuther innyone un t' Shockers a'ken play n’ t' is a bit mer sartin. No one wit t' hype er abiltee o’Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Park'r er inny uther lackly lottery pick n’ t' 2014 Draft is at Wichita State, which is ta be specktid. Howev'r, at doesn’t meun thar isn’t NBA-calib'r talent un thishere rost'r.

Tho it’s a long-shot ta reckon at he’ll find his'n way into t' Associashun, a play'r like sofomere Fret VanVleet has at leest one discernabull NBA skill. VanVleet a'ken flat-out shoot t' rock.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I couldn't find the target language in Google translate... can someone help me out here?

Comment

• Are we supposed to take that abomination of the written word seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              Complete with references from MTXE to Rockstar Grannies, good stuff!
                              Seriuosly...who would have ever thought at that midnight game vs. Western Kentucky that we'd be undefeated 3 1/2 months later?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                                Every time I see Gottlieb, I think how much he looks like that perv Anthony Weiner.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X