Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheYeti
    This, to belabor beating the dead horse some more....by refusing to consider scheduling WSU, they are doing EXACTLY what they are accusing Wichita State of, ducking quality opponents. I have no more use for them, or the sportscaster hailing from the Oklahoma State Penitentiary school.
    I love to bash KU as much as just about any WSU fan, but "ducking quality opponents"? That's just plain wrong. You don't stay #1 in the RPI with six losses unless you've played a killer schedule. Have you seen the difference between their SOS and #2? .6539 to .6142. That's a .04 difference. If you keep going from #2. .04 takes you down to about .5756, which is good for #30.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I love to bash KU as much as just about any WSU fan, but "ducking quality opponents"? That's just plain wrong. You don't stay #1 in the RPI with six losses unless you've played a killer schedule. Have you seen the difference between their SOS and #2? .6539 to .6142. That's a .04 difference. If you keep going from #2. .04 takes you down to about .5756, which is good for #30.
      This is exactly the truth. The only possible motivation that Self will ever have to schedule KU is to avenge a loss in the NCAAs. Even then the chances are infinitesimal. Self isn't the villain here, just taking advantage of the situation that he finds himself in.

Comment

• The Twitter war continues. Love how ******* fills the need to jump in (but he "respects" our team and coach... *poppycock*).

Seth Davis @SethDavisHoops
        St. Joes '04: 2-0 v Top 50, 5-1 v Top 100. Wich St '14: 2-0 v Top 50, 6-0 v Top 100. You were saying, @GottliebShow?

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 29m
        @SethDavisHoops How Many tourney teams did they beat? #Exactly

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 27m
        @GottliebShow now you're splitting hairs. St. Joes played a total of six games vs teams in top 100 of RPI that year. WSU already that many.

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 26m
        @SethDavisHoops Im not splitting hairs, Im asking u—HOW MANY NCAA TOURNEY TEAMS DID THEY PLAY

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 26m
        @GottliebShow and if beating Wich St is so easy why did Bill Self say he would never schedule them?

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 24m
        @GottliebShow could end up being 4--St. Lou, Tenn, Davidson, BYU. Also won AT St. Lou which is undefeated in A10, which will get 5-7 teams.

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 23m
        .@SethDavisHoops How many games has KU played against teams that will be in NCAAs? same “Could be” scenario

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 22m
        @SethDavisHoops A10 is a bit phony too—unbalanced schedule…I like SLU,Bills lost only two tough NonCons

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 21m
        .@GottliebShow you're the Vegas guy. If WSU played Iowa St, Tex, OkSt, K St, OU at home, in how many would they be favored? Try ALL of them

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 13m
        @GottliebShow @SethDavisHoops Seth - bottom line is that Wichita is a really, really good team -- but no one quite knows how good.

Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 12m
        @GottliebShow SLU is unbeaten in a league that could get 5 NCAA bids.

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 11m
        @GoodmanESPN @GottliebShow this is not about how good they are, it's about where they should b seeded. There's no argument for less than a 1

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 11m
        @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow The Valley is the worst it's been in a long time. Even coaches in that league will admit that.

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 11m
        @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow Of course there is an argument for a 2-seed. May wind up playing just one NCAA tourney team.

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 20m
        @GoodmanESPN @GottliebShow they won a true game at St. Louis. That should tell us something. They've earned the 1, let's roll out the balls.

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 19m
        @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow Kansas played arguably the most difficult non-league slate in last decade -- and won Big 12. Deserve No. 1.

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 18m
        @GoodmanESPN @GottliebShow if you're trying to judge how "good" they are (as opp to seed) then we're free to consider Final Four last year

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 17m
        @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow I go on accomplishment -- this season -- for ranking and seeding. Last season irrelevant.

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 16m
        @GoodmanESPN @GottliebShow I agree. Hard to accomplish more than win every game you play.

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 4m
        @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow They have had a tremendous season -- but still not sold worthy of No. 1 seed. Depends how it plays out.

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m
        @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow I wish Wichita State had played few more quality teams. Everyone knew Valley would be weak. Schedule 2-for-1's
        Last edited by Shock Top; February 25, 2014, 02:27 PM.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          I agree KU doesn't really duck anyone. They avoid playing us but that is more based on politics, power and snobbery than anything to actually do with athletics.

Comment

• I love the freakin' "we have only played one tournament team" logic that Gottlieb throws out. If we had lost to Tennessee, BYU, Indiana State x2, and then another MVC team won in the conference tournament, that would mean we'd have 5 NCAA tournament teams on the schedule. Would that make us better?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              I love the freakin' "we have only played one tournament team" logic that Gottlieb throws out. If we had lost to Tennessee, BYU, Indiana State x2, and then another MVC team won in the conference tournament, that would mean we'd have 5 NCAA tournament teams on the schedule. Would that make us better?
              Exactly.

It's like the "Chiefs haven't beat a team with a winning record" argument from last Fall. Well, if KC had lost some of those games, those teams would have winning records.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I agree KU doesn't really duck anyone. They avoid playing us but that is more based on politics, power and snobbery than anything to actually do with athletics.
                Ducking is Ducking regardless of the reason. Ducking WSU is reason enough not to give them a number 1 seed if it comes at our expense when/if we are 34-0. It would be beyond hypocritical.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m
                  @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow I wish Wichita State had played few more quality teams. Everyone knew Valley would be weak. Schedule 2-for-1's
                  Has Mr ******* not listened to our coach? He is offering a 1 their neutral, 1 our neutral and 1 their place. No many are calling back.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    I love the freakin' "we have only played one tournament team" logic that Gottlieb throws out. If we had lost to Tennessee, BYU, Indiana State x2, and then another MVC team won in the conference tournament, that would mean we'd have 5 NCAA tournament teams on the schedule. Would that make us better?
                    Doug refuses to recognize the question is not what tourney teams have we played. The question is what tourney teams have refused to play us. We can start with probably half of the B12.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Ducking is Ducking regardless of the reason. Ducking WSU is reason enough not to give them a number 1 seed if it comes at our expense when/if we are 34-0. It would be beyond hypocritical.
                      They are not trying to duck us because they have nothing to gain. They are avoiding playing us with the hope that it has some negative impact or harm to us. What really makes them chickenhawks is that they want us to believe the former to avoid having to admit to the truth of the matter which is the latter.

Comment

• I am fine with the way this is playing out. Doug and Jeff sound shrill and are on an island- guys like Seth Davis are taking up for us strongly.

Jeff ******* is big on popularity polls. I can tell you he wouldn't like the results if you paired him and Doug up against Seth Davis. This will only help our cause.

Comment

• Let's just let them have their fun. For while I was big into tweeting back at them but I'm over it, and the rest of you should be too.

WHO CARES what they think?? I
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                            Has Mr ******* not listened to our coach? He is offering a 1 their neutral, 1 our neutral and 1 their place. No many are calling back.
                            I actually replied to that tweet, asking him to provide evidence that WSU either didn't try or turned a 2-for-1 down. Crickets.

Comment

• Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m

Translation: I wish WSU would have lost so my teams could be #1 seeds.

Comment

Working...
                              X