Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boblutz ‏@bob:lutz 4m
    Gottlieb has done what previously thought to be impossible: make me popular.

Adam Harper ‏@HarpBros: 3m
    @bob:lutz Yup

boblutz ‏@bob:lutz 2m
    @HarpBros: Don't be so fast to agree.
    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m
      @SethDavisHoops @GottliebShow I wish Wichita State had played few more quality teams. Everyone knew Valley would be weak. Schedule 2-for-1's

Translation: I wish WSU would have lost so my teams could be #1 seeds.
      We would love to do 2 for 1's but we can't get any to agree to a 1 for 1 or a 1-1-and-1 let alone come to Wichita twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        They are not trying to duck us because they have nothing to gain. They are avoiding playing us with the hope that it has some negative impact or harm to us. What really makes them chickenhawks is that they want us to believe the former to avoid having to admit to the truth of the matter which is the latter.
        You are making me dizzy with that response. ;-)

But I agree with you. That has been their strategy since the 50s. Make everyone (in Kansas at least) think we are not worthy opponent. And it has worked for a long time. But now a majority of people know the truth, but that's their story and they are sticking to it.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          I actually replied to that tweet, asking him to provide evidence that WSU either didn't try or turned a 2-for-1 down. Crickets.
          We did that with LSU. Home, home, neutral in La. Did we even get to the third game after we won the first two? And weren't they one of the teams who declined to play us in Dallas?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            We did that with LSU. Home, home, neutral in La. Did we even get to the third game after we won the first two? And weren't they one of the teams who declined to play us in Dallas?
            Yea, we played that weird game at an empty house in Bossier City and won on a Stutz 3.

And they definitely did duck us in Dallas this year. Along with Oklahoma State and New Mexico.

Comment

• So a guy like Gottlieb is a terrible, terrible announcer. In a pre-social media era, he is absolutely irrelevant. He stays on the national scene by saying stupid crap that makes people mad, and said people call his radio show and tweet things about how much he sucks. These people then drive advertisers, generate page views and clicks, etc. The people who keep calling, writing, etc., are doing nothing but giving him benefit. If people would stop giving a crap what Gottlieb thinks - and you should, because his opinion is drivel - he will go away. Same goes for *******, to a lesser extent.

Comment

• ******* will probably crawl on the bandwagon if/when we win the conference tournament.

He has us at #5 right now, which makes the vehemence of his argument against a 1 seed that much sillier. That's a one spot difference within his own rankings.

Florida/Arizona/Syracuse/Kansas will lose enough games the next few weeks that his argument becomes completely untenable, even to the most imaginative Shocker haters.

Comment

• Gottlieb got were he is by sucking up to Rome...I just found something called grooveshark to replace him in the afternoon, yeah I am old and slow.

Comment

• Make sure you guys watch the beginning of the 7pm Sportscenter on ESPN News (2245 Cox), they did a really cool 30 for 30 spoof on the Shockers.

Comment

• ESPN - #1 - (02-25-14).JPG

Comment

• Ron baker #6 on top ten
                        Shox-4-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          And they definitely did duck us in Dallas this year. Along with Oklahoma State and New Mexico.
                          So if Dougie Butthurt's precious aggie sheeplovin' cowboys were one of the teams that ducked us, how in the world can he rag on our schedule and say Stoolwater State is better if they're one of the teams that got a bestial butt-pucker at the thought of getting whacked by the Shocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1313[/ATTACH]
                            And 45-3 with him in the lineup at all.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Every time I see Gottlieb, I think how much he looks like that perv Anthony Weiner.

Comment

• @eamonnbrennan: Inside Wichita State's historic run to 30-0 http://es.pn/1bKNlKc

Comment

Working...
                                X