Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
    Well then, tell that to the people making predictions of how they will end up in the NIT...
    Pardon me for trying to give some insight into what they have on their upcoming schedule for some people!
    Quit being pissy... Sheesh
    I'm not being pissy at all.

My post was in reference to SOS ranking to date (a factual metric), and yours was based on future performance (conjecture). They don't have anything to do with each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
      Shockers at #8 in the Coaches Poll
      Can't be mad at that.

Get the latest College Basketball rankings for the 2024-25 season. Find out where your favorite team is ranked in the AP Top 25, Coaches Poll, Top 25 And 1, NET, or RPI polls and rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
        Shockers at #8 in the Coaches Poll
        Definitely surprised. I guess no news/love was good news this week...

And KU and UK fall farther than I expected. UK to #10. KU to #14... shut my mouth..

edit: Looks like Gonzaga dropped 1 though, despite not losing any games...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Parrish explains his ranking methodology:
          http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...top-25-and-one
          I didn't under this statement Parrish made in the link above.
          Consequently, Pitt, for better or worse, will remain unranked here -- at least until after its game with Cincinnati.
          Cincinnati isn't even ranked in his poll, so why would that be considered a good win?

Comment

• Colorado shown no love in the Coaches?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
              I'm not being pissy at all.

My post was in reference to SOS ranking to date (a factual metric), and yours was based on future performance (conjecture). They don't have anything to do with each other.
              I understand that, but I was just trying to give other info for the future schedules that people were discussing as well....
              Living here in Kentucky has subjected me to PLENTY of both Louisville AND Kentucky's jackass fan bases... I have heard it all because of rooting for WSU, but just remember there are some fans who don't mock WSU, which includes my parents and siblings.
              With that being said, sorry if I ruffled feathers with my comments.

Comment

Colorado shown no love in the Coaches?
                It seems a win over KU isn't that big a deal

Comment

Colorado shown no love in the Coaches?
                  While I think they should rename the poll the "Graduate Assistants' Poll," I thought the Colorado exclusion was weak as well. I am dumbfounded that Michigan stays in at #25, and equally perplexed that someone voted for Syracuse Shut-Ins to be ranked #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                    equally perplexed that someone voted for Syracuse Shut-Ins to be ranked #1.
                    Considering Boeheim is a voter it shouldn't be that surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                      I understand that, but I was just trying to give other info for the future schedules that people were discussing as well....
                      Living here in Kentucky has subjected me to PLENTY of both Louisville AND Kentucky's jackass fan bases... I have heard it all because of rooting for WSU, but just remember there are some fans who don't mock WSU, which includes my parents and siblings.
                      With that being said, sorry if I ruffled feathers with my comments.
                      No ruffled feathers here. Just a message board discussion.

Comment

• For pretty much the first time I have no issues with any teams ranked above us. I do think Wisconsin is still a little underrated. 10-0--with wins over Florida, SLU, UVA, and Marquette. Is anyone playing better than them right now?
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Villanova and UConn hop us in the AP Poll

Comment

• by the end of the regular season we will be undefeated and #1 in the coaches and unranked in the AP
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Shockers fall to #12 in the AP

Comment

• Sheesh...

Was totally prepared for the reasonable chance we may not move at all in the AP, but to drop?

Comment

Working...
                                X