No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there might be a chance it was just a mistake. Seems more than odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      I think there might be a chance it was just a mistake. Seems more than odd.
      Pretty coincidental mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        I think there might be a chance it was just a mistake. Seems more than odd.
        I think there's a chance he will say it was a "mistake." A KU guy "forgetting" to rank WSU on his ballot the week KU is expected to drop below WSU is a bit too big of a coincidence for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          I think there's a chance he will say it was a "mistake." A KU guy "forgetting" to rank WSU on his ballot the week KU is expected to drop below WSU is a bit too big of a coincidence for me.
          Yes, he will most definitely say it was a mistake. His only other option is to say that he actually thinks we aren't deserving to be in the top 25, and after he had us at #13, that obviously isn't the case. There is absolutely no chance that it was a mistake, though. He's seriously going to have us believe he left off the only other relevant team from his own state? Yeah, right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            With guys like @TomKeeganLJW having us go from 13th to unranked.

Tweet at this dude and let him try to defend it.
            Twitter fight! I'm in

Comment

• Keegan dropped

Wichita State #13
              UCLA #16
              Florida State #18

and added

North Carolina #16
              Colorado #20
              Missouri #24
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• There's no angle from which Keegan can defend this rationally. Either he straight-up forgot about a F4 team from his own state from one week to the next, or he thought a lone 13 point win over a reasonably decent team was worthy of some sort of poll contempt.

How are poll points calculated, exactly? Is it 25 minus poll ranking for each voter, and then all voters totaled?

Comment

• Ricky, if someone votes WSU #25 they would get one point, #24 is worth two points, ect.....

They total everything from all 65 voters in the final poll.

Comment

• KPIsports ‏@KPIsports 2m
                    #KPI Basketball (Dec 9): 1-UMass; 2-Wisconsin; 3-Syracuse; 4-Villanova; 5-Oregon; 6-Arizona; 7-St Mary's; 8-Wich St; 9-New Mexico; 10-Kansas
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                      There's no angle from which Keegan can defend this rationally.
                      Maybe his bonus is impacted by the volume of out-of-town letters and e-mails.

Comment

• Kirk Seminoff ‏@kseminoff 45s
                        .@TomKeeganLJW doesn't have WSU on today's AP ballot, BUT #shockers wouldn't have moved up even with him voting them No. 1.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          Kirk Seminoff ‏@kseminoff 45s
                          .@TomKeeganLJW doesn't have WSU on today's AP ballot, BUT #shockers wouldn't have moved up even with him voting them No. 1.
                          That's not the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            What do these teams have in common?
                            Teams that play in metropolitan areas vs. college towns?

Comment

• Tom Keegan, KUsports.com and ljworld.com here. Here's how my mistake happened: http://bit.ly/1gkCBmQ . Please pass this along to all Shocker fans. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomKeegan View Post
                                Tom Keegan, KUsports.com and ljworld.com here. Here's how my mistake happened: http://bit.ly/1gkCBmQ . Please pass this along to all Shocker fans. Thanks.
                                The mistake will be forgiven with a #1 ranking next week. :good:

Comment

Working...
                                X