No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After how today's gone down I am leaning toward Florida, WSU, KU, and Virginia.

Comment

• Lunardi is a jackass

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        @ESPNLunardi: Keeping Kansas on the top line despite latest loss. Two reasons: (1) overall body of work; (2) rules still require four No. 1 seeds.
        So basically the top elite teams are doing so bad that there are really only three number 1 seeds, but since they have to have four, KU is staying a 1 seed. If the Shockers didn't have their 31-0 run, that would means there would really only be two number 1 seeds and another team would have to fill the last number 1 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          So basically the top elite teams are doing so bad that there are really only three number 1 seeds, but since they have to have four, KU is staying a 1 seed. If the Shockers didn't have their 31-0 run, that would means there would really only be two number 1 seeds and another team would have to fill the last number 1 seed.
          Sometime back in the 1962-1964 NCAA tourney years, the NCAA had to reduce the tourney field to 23teams,because too many quality teams chose to play in the NIT instead. There were no at large bids then.

Would be an interesting tourney if they had four regions but only 3 number 1 seeds...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
            Not a poll but I don't think there is a better place for it. We've currently have gone up to 5th on kenpom, which is our highest spot of the season, and are 13th in offense and 9th in defense; very balanced and high #s.
            I was just looking at that. We're essentially identical to Florida statistically, when adjusted for opponent.

We are simply one of the best teams in the country AND one of the most balanced. We have no offensive or defensive flaws in our game, like the paper cannons of Duke/Creighton.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              I was just looking at that. We're essentially identical to Florida statistically, when adjusted for opponent.

We are simply one of the best teams in the country AND one of the most balanced. We have no offensive or defensive flaws in our game, like the paper cannons of Duke/Creighton.
              Need to rebound better.

That might sound crazy but am concerned about rebounding in the tournament.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Need to rebound better.

Ditto and scoring at point blank range at the 5
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I predict that our smack down of mo state on espn and florida's struggles gives us more votes. Then next week with 3 more wins we finally grab #1

Comment

Need to rebound better.

I've noticed this as well. My thought is that with the new rule emphasis, our guards can't body their guards as they drive the lane. The secondary defender goes up for the blocked shot and leaves his man alone under the basket to retrieve the horrendously altered throw at the hoop. Last year we just bodied them up leaving the center to get the board. Also, Carl Hall.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Victor - noun: the contestant who wins the contest

"To the victor belong the spoils" ...Andrew Jackson

Guess not so much in college basketball, huh?
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Need to rebound better.

No flaws was the wrong way to put it. I mean no significant flaws, ie. Creighton as the #88 efficient defense by KenPom. No team is perfect and will have some flaws.

We could certainly improve on rebounding.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Do the Shocks have to win out in St. Louis to maintain a No. 1 seed? I think we can absorb a loss if it is in the Championship game. Every Valley team is now resetting their record to 0-0.However, I just as soon not chance it and I think the Shocks want that Tournament Championship trophy every bit as much as they wanted the undefeated regular season. Plus we are actually playing about as well as we have all season. If we continue to play defense like we did against MSU I have a hard time seeing any Valley team beating us.

Comment

Need to rebound better.

This is absolutely my biggest matchup worry. Despite having great marks in rebounding (#6 defensive, #47 offensive), the MVC is especially weak this year in the post and on the boards. As a conference, the MVC ranks #31 in rebounding, and the only decent posts not on our roster are Tuttle and Mockevicius. Neither of those guys are even close to the rebounding presences Echenique and Carmichael last year.

We probably won't see a team that can surprise us with shooting. Between BYU and the Valley, we've seen plenty of programs built around the 3PT shot. We've seen every type of gimmick defense and press, so I don't think we'll be caught off guard by a fancy defensive team. But we haven't face a team with more athleticism and size than us, and that could be a surprise. For example, if we played Kentucky (#1 in offensive rebounding, effective height) in the Sweet 16 it would be a test that we haven't faced yet this season. That isn't to say we could't pass the test, just that it is the one area of uncertainty I can find.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Plus we are actually playing about as well as we have all season. If we continue to play defense like we did against MSU I have a hard time seeing any Valley team beating us.
                              ^This.

We are firing on nearly all cylinders right now. We could have a hiccup at anytime, but we couldn't really ask for anything more at current time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                ^This.

We are firing on nearly all cylinders right now. We could have a hiccup at anytime, but we couldn't really ask for anything more at current time.
                                Just finish around the bucket better and the cylinders are perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X