Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Something is wrong with that poll, I don't see the bj's anywhere.
    For the upteenth consecutive week.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• When WSU is settled behind KU in the polls and in relative obscurity, we're a cute, neat, little story. But when WSU starts jumping KU in the polls and everybody is talking positively about WSU and not so fondly of KU, then they start to feel threatened and quickly get deeply insecure and defensive.

And I'm pretty sure that TaTownBacker dweeb got bent over by Randy Smithson in a back alley somewhere or something.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Another way to judge relative rankings is to look for what's being worn around town. I'm seeing more WSU gear and less KU gear this year. In fact, I think I'm seeing more Shocker gear than Jayhawk gear. That's quite a switch.

Even though KSU is going to a bowl game, I haven't seen any Wildcat gear in a long time.
        Last edited by Aargh; December 15, 2013, 10:29 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Another way to judge relative rankings is to look for what's being worn around town., I'm seeing more WSU gear and less KU gear this year. In fact, I think I'm seeing more Shocker gear than Jayhawk gear. That's quite a switch.

Even though KSU is going to a bowl game, I haven't seen any Wildcat gear in a long time.
          Saw some beaker and cat gear on saturday at IBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            While that should be reason for instant death, I can see why they'd feel obligated to contribute to the flagship program.

We appreciate their donation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              The upper deck at IBA is pretty steep, and juts a ways into the air. I say that only because it would be unfortunate if someone tripped, or lost their balance.

Comment

• With Amazon Prime, I should have my Zags shirt in time for Saturday....Or maybe I will just sit with their fans and wear black and yellow.

Comment

• BLIND TEST: H - Home, N - Neutral, A - Away, Using projected RPIs of Opponents, * Loss

............Record....Home....Neutral...Away....Ga me 1........2.........3.........4...........5........ ...6..........7..........8...........9.........10

Team A....9-0....H 6 games....N 3.....A 0...RPI...H 22.....N 69....N 82....H 107....H 142....N 178....H 185....H 248....H 351

Team B....9-1....H 8 games....N 2.....A 0...RPI...N 17*....H 50....H 78....H 186....H 223....H 261....H 267....N 272....H 291....H 325

Team C....9-0....H 5 games....N 2.....A 2...RPI...N 28.....A 31.....H 46....H 93.....A 159....N 169....H 186.....H 198.....H 281

Team D...10-0...H 9 games....N 0.....A 1...RPI...A 55.....H 59.....H 68....H 82.....H 84......H 108....H 199....H 219.....H 264....H 280

Team E....9-0....H 6 games....N 2.....A 1...RPI...N 32.....H 57.....A 63.....N 73.....H 164....H 168....H 206....H 242.....H 245

Pick the order you would rank these teams.

Comment

• c, e, d, b, a

I'm betting phog.net fans would be getting big fat F's on this test.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Geoff Grammar's ballot is out. He has WSU at #9, Ku at #15 and UK at #20. http://www.muckrakersguide.com/tag/mens-basketball/

Comment

• Doug Haller's ballot is out. He has WSU at #18 (He had WSU at 19 last week) and he talked about the Shockers in his column (one of the few teams he talked about): Toughest call: What to do with Wichita State. The Shockers were No. 12 in last week’s poll so it appears I’m really underselling them. They have three solid wins over BYU, Saint Louis and Tennessee, but they have yet to face a team in the Top 25 of the Jeff Sagarin computer rankings. And they won’t anytime soon. Check out their schedule http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...-games-more-2/

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                          Doug Haller's ballot is out. He has WSU at #18 (He had WSU at 19 last week) and he talked about the Shockers in his column (one of the few teams he talked about): Toughest call: What to do with Wichita State. The Shockers were No. 12 in last week’s poll so it appears I’m really underselling them. They have three solid wins over BYU, Saint Louis and Tennessee, but they have yet to face a team in the Top 25 of the Jeff Sagarin computer rankings. And they won’t anytime soon. Check out their schedule http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...-games-more-2/
                          Neither has Syracuse ya friggin douche (and that's only the first school I found, I had to go all the way down to his NUMBER 2 ranking to find someone.) I'm getting real tired of being held to a higher standard than every other school ranked ahead of us. If someone wants to put us at #18 I'm perfectly willing to listen to their reasoning but it's absolutely ridiculous when I can disprove their reasoning with 10 seconds of research.
                          Last edited by AndShock; December 16, 2013, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Dave Borge's ballot is out, WSU improves 2 spots moving from #13 last week to #11 this week. WSU improved because Borges had Ku and UK at #7 and #8 last week. He dropped them to 17 and 18 this week. http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Shockers drop one spot on Bret Strelow's ballot from #13 last week to #14 this week. He moves UNC, UCONN (who didn't even play this week) and FLA ahead of the Shocks (He dropped UK and Ku behind the Shocks). http://blogs.fayobserver.com/accbask...ot-for-Dec--16

Comment

• Shocks remain at #11 on Rick Bozich's ballot. http://www.wdrb.com/story/24227117/b...ll-poll-ballot

Comment

Working...
                                X