Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Clearly the play of point guard Fred VanVleet didn't play that large a part in the win -- everyone knows he doesn't have that kind of gear. :)

Also, if we already have a win away from home against Indiana State, the Valley probably should just mail the trophy.
    Maybe Gottlieb should read ESPN's site. Three of their rankers have WSU in the top 8, probably in large because of the play of PG Fred Van Vleet. Also, even though they got the opponent wrong, they at least spelled Wichita right.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Jeff ******* is the biggest asswipe when it comes to CBB.

Total tool.

He basically blew all of Creighton this past weekend in Anaheim.
      He was basically celebrating their win over ASU.

Those next two games, however...

Comment

• I think FVV's BBIQ is ahead of where Armstead's was at the same point in the season last year. Armstead was just flat NASTY when he got close to the basket. FVV is good in that situation.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
          Malcolm 12-13: 28.6 min; 10.7 ppg; 3.8 rpg; 4.0 apg; 2.3 TOs; 1.74 a/to; 1.9 spg; .394 FG; .345 3pt FG; .803 FT; 1.95 FT pg

FVV 13-14 (to date): 31.4 min; 12.6 ppg; 3.1 rpg; 5.5 apg; 1.8 TOs; 3.06 a/to; 2.1 spg; .484 Fg; .471 3pt FG; .838 FT; 4.63 FT pg

The new rules are likely helping FVV get to the line more, but so is the fact that he takes less than half the number of 3 point attempts than MA. A more serious factor is the very small sample size (especially on stats like 3 pointers). However, it is all the sample size Doug Gottlieb had at his disposal and much larger than the sample he chose to use.
          Thanks, Mad. Here are the basic stats for each last year and the forst 8 games for Fred this season. Not much to separate them in 2012-13. Look at Fred's improvement this season.

Armstead Fred-2012 Fred-2013 Fred-2012** Fred-2013**
          FGM 147 59 31 104 138
          FGA 373 153 64 271 284
          3-FGM 61 20 8 35 36
          3-FGA 177 49 17 87 75
          FTM 61 29 31 51 138
          FTA 76 40 37 71 164
          REB-O 29 13 4 23 18
          REB-D 121 59 21 104 93
          REB-T 150 72 25 127 111
          PF 90 43 17 76 75
          PTS 416 167 101 295 448
          AST 157 89 44 157 195
          TO 89 46 14 81 62
          BLK 2 2 2 4 9
          STL 76 35 17 62 75
          MIN 1114 630 251 1114 1114
          ORB 979 544 210 962 932
          DRB 977 526 240 930 1065
          FG% 39.4% 38.6% 48.4% ** Fred expanded to Malcom's 1114 minutes
          3-pt FG% 34.5% 40.8% 47.1%
          FT% 80.3% 72.5% 83.8%
          Asst/ TO 1.76 1.93 3.14
          Games 39 39 8
          Last edited by im4wsu; December 3, 2013, 04:17 PM. Reason: Added columns expaning Fred to Malcom's minutes
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Thanks. Even I could garner information from that format. Fred be da man.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
              http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...on/2014/week/5 Here are this weeks power rankings. Time for us Shocker fans to get even more insecure with the small write up. They got it right that we won the CBE and then the writer goes on to write about beating Indiana State. As usual the national media spends no time on the Shockers and can't even get a one or two sentence write up correct.
              I was thinking the same thing. When did we play Indiana state? I mean sure we will later in the season but who basis rankings on a team you haven't played yet?

Comment

• "Gottlieb vs. Wichita State"

In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  Wow that was long. From what I can tell, the Shocker fans were not rude.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    That's funny shat!

Doug is probably still upset about his #22 ranked Okie St coming to Wichita in Turgeon's 1st year of rebuilding the Shocker program and losing 61-59.

The following year, his#14 ranked Cowboys escaped in Stillwater by beating the Shocks 61-59. Yeah, we're not worthy. :bball_spin:

Comment

• I generally don't mind Gottlieb's thoughts and analysis. But he's going fullblown moron status with this one. I don't think you'd ever see a Jay Bilas or Seth Davis go into a twitter war and get so defensive about people reacting to something they've read or written. That's the difference in being professional and being an amateur douchebag.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Understanding the "Difference in dynamics of OSU vs WSU" 101:

Dancing since 1960:

OSU: 2 - F4, 4 - E8, 4 - S16, 18 appearances

WSU: 2 - F4, 4 - E8, 5 - S16, 10 appearances

One would have thought they would have done more with those 8 extra appearances given the difference in dynamics. Maybe Doug can explain it to me.

Comment

• And while I'm thinking about it, if you really wanted to stick it to Dougie on twitter, you could have pointed out his countless mistakes during the call of the SLU game - from WSU winning the Valley Tournament last year to Ron Baker hailing from Scott City, Iowa. There's plenty of them out there. Then you could fire back with a "How am I supposed to believe anything you write when you rambled off so many inaccuracies in your tv broadcast?" or "Maybe you shouldn't comment about Wichita State and their ranking considering you couldn't complete basic, fundamental research during your tv broadcast. Maybe you should leave the tv color and sports writing alone and just concentrate on your radio show. It's pretty obvious you're in over your head."
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We know Dougie is probably reading here. This Dougie stuff prolly deserves its own thread so it'll be easier for him to read about this free education lesson we're all giving him.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              We know Dougie is probably reading here. This Dougie stuff prolly deserves its own thread so it'll be easier for him to read about this free education lesson we're all giving him.
                              While we are on the subject of Dougie.....

Today on twitter Seth Davis was asked who the best Mid-Major player was in the country this year.....he replied " In the non Doug McDermott division it is Tyler Haws"

Creighton still Mid-Major after moving to the big east....ha ha ha ha
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                                While we are on the subject of Dougie.....

Today on twitter Seth Davis was asked who the best Mid-Major player was in the country this year.....he replied " In the non Doug McDermott division it is Tyler Haws"

Creighton still Mid-Major after moving to the big east....ha ha ha ha
                                LMAO. Don't let the BJ folks know about this nugget. The BJ Underground would literally implode in on itself.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X