No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shockers stay at #11 on Rick Bozich's ballot. He drops Ku behind WSU, dropping them 6 spots from last week but moves Baylor in front of the Shocks, moving them up 13 spots.

Comment

• Here's a ballot I REALLY HATE. Doug Haller drops WSU 3 spots from 16 last week to 19 this week (2 weeks ago he had WSU at 12- what a dunce!). He moves UNC, Baylor and Colorado in front of WSU. He didn't have UNC or Colorado ranked at all last week. He did drop Kentucky 13 spots and Ku 5 spots, even though both stayed in front of WSU. http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...ig-games-more/

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        Here's a ballot I REALLY HATE. Doug Haller drops WSU 3 spots from 16 last week to 19 this week (2 weeks ago he had WSU at 12- what a dunce!). He moves UNC, Baylor and Colorado in front of WSU. He didn't have UNC or Colorado ranked at all last week. He did drop Kentucky 13 spots and Ku 5 spots, even though both stayed in front of WSU. http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...ig-games-more/
        frustrating.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• At this point I feel that only a deep undefeated run is going to get the Shocks much higher in the polls. There just aren't enough quality wins (the win at St. Louis is SO underrated I think) to make the stupid sit up and pay attention.

It will not surprise me to see us drop a spot later today.

Play Angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            At this point I feel that only a deep undefeated run is going to get the Shocks much higher in the polls. There just aren't enough quality wins (the win at St. Louis is SO underrated I think) to make the stupid sit up and pay attention.

It will not surprise me to see us drop a spot later today.

Play Angry.
            Reality...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
              I was not referring to Gottlieb in my post. The previous posters were all fired up about Parrish....
              I can't say I am really fired up about him, but I find his top 25 and 1 entertaining. I have no issue with him thinking we are the 20th ranked team in the country. My biggest issue with him is that in his top 25 and 1, prior to the BYU and STL games we were ranked 17th, now we are ranked 20th. When a Villanova or Colorado beat a Kansas team that is struggling they go from unranked to top 15, however a Wichita State team that keeps trudging along and winning keeps dropping. It's laughable.

Originally posted by proshox View Post
              How many of the teams above us couldn't have gone 9-0 with or schedule?
              BYU and St Louis would have given alot of teams trouble. But many of them would have went 9-0. But I'll ask you a question. Where would Wichita State be ranked with a Flordia's, Duke's or even a Kentucky's Schedule/Results? I would think a two loss Wichita State team would not be ranked with any of those schedules. The pundants would have used that to show WSU is a mid-tier Major/ top-tier Mid-major team that can't really play with the big boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                I can't say I am really fired up about him, but I find his top 25 and 1 entertaining. I have no issue with him thinking we are the 20th ranked team in the country. My biggest issue with him is that in his top 25 and 1, prior to the BYU and STL games we were ranked 17th, now we are ranked 20th. When a Villanova or Colorado beat a Kansas team that is struggling they go from unranked to top 15, however a Wichita State team that keeps trudging along and winning keeps dropping. It's laughable.

BYU and St Louis would have given alot of teams trouble. But many of them would have went 9-0. But I'll ask you a question. Where would Wichita State be ranked with a Flordia's, Duke's or even a Kentucky's Schedule/Results? I would think a two loss Wichita State team would not be ranked with any of those schedules. The pundants would have used that to show WSU is a mid-tier Major/ top-tier Mid-major team that can't really play with the big boys.
                To sum up that excellent and spot on analysis:
                1. The bar is higher for us when we win
                2. And the threshold to fall out is lower when we lose.

We get it coming and going. That's life for a major team not playing in a major conference...

Comment

• Here is NBCs weekly poll:

Staying put at #12 - same as last week. Nobody leaped over us.

Entering the season, there seemed to be a consensus top five among pundits: Michigan State, Duke, Louisville, Kentucky and Kansas.

Comment

• Parrish explains his ranking methodology:

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      To sum up that excellent and spot on analysis:
                      1. The bar is higher for us when we win
                      2. And the threshold to fall out is lower when we lose.

We get it coming and going. That's life for a major team not playing in a major conference...
                      I am sure "We get it coming and going" is true for the voters; unfortunately, the burden of proof will remain with WSU until we make another run in the tournament.

Is there any possibility that WSU could be undefeated going into St. Louis and realistically be the 10th to 15th best team in the country?

I believe we are somewhere in that 10-15 range until Nick & one the reserve “bigs” consistently produce.

Comment

• If we are undefeated going into St Louis, we will be top 5.

I don't doubt that one bit.

Quantity over that long will overtake quality
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          If we are undefeated going into St Louis, we will be top 5.

I don't doubt that one bit.

Quantity over that long will overtake quality
                          I agree, but the question did not ask where we would be ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                            I agree, but the question did not ask where we would be ranked.
                            I also believe we would be a top 5 team if we are. Unless we squeak by 5 or 6 by a point. But if we are winning with relative ease, we are a top 5 team. At that point, even the perennial powers will have conference losses to the TCUs and nebraskas.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              Parrish explains his ranking methodology:
                              http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...top-25-and-one
                              I have no problem with his rationale or his ranking us #20, the big problem I have is everyone's fascination with Kentucky. Sure they have the best freshmen in the country, but they've lost the only two decent matchups they've had (Mich St and Baylor). If you can't win the big games, why keep them in the rankings? It wouldn't surprise me to see UK back inthe NIT this year. You can't build a program with a revolving door of one and dones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I have no problem with his rationale or his ranking us #20, the big problem I have is everyone's fascination with Kentucky. Sure they have the best freshmen in the country, but they've lost the only two decent matchups they've had (Mich St and Baylor). If you can't win the big games, why keep them in the rankings? It wouldn't surprise me to see UK back inthe NIT this year. You can't build a program with a revolving door of one and dones.
                                If UK continues to stumble the way they did last year, they will see the NIT again, unless the TV powers that be decide to intervene somehow...

Comment

Working...
                                X