• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    lulz
    arizone losses and drops 1 spot?!
    michigan state still in top 10?!
    wtf
    Arizona dropping to #2 is fair. They were the runaway #1, and lost on the road by a last second jumper. The next loss is the one that will send them falling.

Florida widened the gap on us from 1 vote to 35. However, we're now 70 votes out of second, compared to 126 last week. Also picked up 12 votes.

Basically Florida took votes from Arizona.

This coming week will be our last major opportunity to pick up votes on our own wins, rather than relying on others to lose.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Boy they just refuse to drop Kansas.

We already know 5 teams are better than KU. Gotta kill those folks to have WSU and Cincy ahead of the Hawks.
      Seth Davis refuses to drop ku below us. Granted it was early in the season but we won the CBE that Texas was in and yet a ku loss to Texas was still not enough to persuade him.
      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

This coming week will be our last major opportunity to pick up votes on our own wins, rather than relying on others to lose.
        I think that point has already passed. I don't think wins @Indy State and @UNI are going to convince the Seth Davis' of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          St. Louis up to #13 - great for us. Too bad we haven't played anybody.
          It would have been sweet had we been able to beat them on the road.
          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            St. Louis up to #13 - great for us. Too bad we haven't played anybody.

St. Louis suffering through same thing. No quality wins. They play VCU this week I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
              I think that point has already passed. I don't think wins @Indy State and @UNI are going to convince the Seth Davis' of the world.
              A win at #13 SLU didn't. Why would any others?

Might not be too long and people will be hating on the schedule of an undefeated team with a road win at a Top 10 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                St. Louis suffering through same thing. No quality wins. They play VCU this week I believe.
                UMASS dirtying their shorts isn't helping them either.

Comment

• I'm not overly concerned about where we end up in the polls this week. Now where we end up in the polls next week is of major importance and interest.

Everything the Shocks have done to this point has just positioned themselves for a great OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A STATEMENT. Winning on the road at Terre Haute and Northern Iowa will not eliminate all the doubts about the Shocks but it should go a long way in diminishing those doubts.

If we are still in the Top 4 next Monday then I will be on Cloud 9 for sure.

And, of course, the big prize we are shooting for isn't #1 in the polls but a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Which just sets up another great OPPORTUNITY.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

• I know I shouldn't get upset but it just makes me mad that all of these teams are losing games, Wichita State keeps winning and not by just a point or two but isn't rising in the polls. the voters lack respect for our program yet tell me what else this team can do?

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                      Seth Davis refuses to drop ku below us. Granted it was early in the season but we won the CBE that Texas was in and yet a ku loss to Texas was still not enough to persuade him.
                      I understand what you're saying, and I'm not picking on you, but that's what I'm talking about. Early season games, when they are wins, are just brushed away. Texas MUST be a different team now....and of course there's NO WAY a team like WSU could get better as the season goes along. Only teams from big conferences get better as the season progresses. Big time programs with whole states for names...like Kentucky, and Texas and Kansas....so scary. Teams like WSU just win with smoke and mirrors and are efficient early in the year because that's the only way they can beat teams with scary names on their jerseys, because those teams have better talent. We all know that. It's science....

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                        I know I shouldn't get upset but it just makes me mad that all of these teams are losing games, Wichita State keeps winning and not by just a point or two but isn't rising in the polls. the voters lack respect for our program yet tell me what else this team can do?
                        I don't believe it is a lack of respect for the program but it is a lack of respect for our schedule and especially a lack of respect for the Valley. Unfortunately what we thought was a very good non-con schedule has not played out nearly as well as we thought it would. As for the Valley just read the comments about other Valley teams on this board. Fortunately, unless the Shocks totally implode, which I don't think will happen they will have the opportunity to prove on the court exactly how good they really are.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I'm not overly concerned about where we end up in the polls this week. Now where we end up in the polls next week is of major importance and interest.

Everything the Shocks have done to this point has just positioned themselves for a great OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A STATEMENT. Winning on the road at Terre Haute and Northern Iowa will not eliminate all the doubts about the Shocks but it should go a long way in diminishing those doubts.

If we are still in the Top 4 next Monday then I will be on Cloud 9 for sure.

And, of course, the big prize we are shooting for isn't #1 in the polls but a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Which just sets up another great OPPORTUNITY.

:poster_shocks:
                          +1
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Big time programs with whole states for names...like Kentucky, and Texas and Kansas....so scary.
                            So THAT is why we won those games last year in the NCAAs! Pittsburgh is just a city school, Gonzaga and LaSalle are private, and Ohio State is just a state school. Just like we were lucky that seemingly EVERY team we played had a bad shooting night...

Sigh.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                              So THAT is why we won those games last year in the NCAAs! Pittsburgh is just a city school, Gonzaga and LaSalle are private, and Ohio State is just a state school. Just like we were lucky that seemingly EVERY team we played had a bad shooting night...

Sigh.
                              Those who ignore the lessons of history are destined to repeat them... Sleep well young wolf...
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                I know I shouldn't get upset but it just makes me mad that all of these teams are losing games, Wichita State keeps winning and not by just a point or two but isn't rising in the polls. the voters lack respect for our program yet tell me what else this team can do?
                                People always make the mistake of only looking at our actual position in regards to "rising in the polls."

AP Votes this week: 1447
                                Last week: 1435
                                2 weeks ago: 1368
                                3 weeks ago: 1300
                                4 weeks ago: 1203

We've risen in the polls every single week. Whether that translates to an actual "2/3/4/5/6" position change or not isn't that big of a deal. We get more respect from the voters every week, despite a clear lack of respect for our Valley schedule.

Also important: Saint Louis is up to #13 in the polls. If they can keep going, we'll have a road win over a top 10 team in the next two weeks.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X