Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    And once we are in Valley play, how far down do you project our SOS to go then?
    Year-end projected SOS is 142. Yesterday morning it was 136, so we lost six places by just watching.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• List of undefeated teams as of Sunday morning. Note that the SOS correlates 100% with the RPIfor these teams.
      Rank
      School
      W-L
      RPI
      SOS Rank
      SOS
      Conf
      Wisconsin
      12-0
      Big10
      Syracuse
      11-0
      Acc
      Oregon
      11-0
      Pac12
      St. Mary's
      9-0
      Wcc
      Villanova
      11-0
      Bige
      Wichita St.
      10-0
      Mvc
      Iowa St.
      8-0
      Big12
      Arizona
      12-0
      Pac12
      Ohio St.
      12-0
      Big10
      Toledo
      10-0
      Midam
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        And once we are in Valley play, how far down do you project our SOS to go then?
        To the abyss and beyond.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• RPI is up to 6th, SOS up to 52nd..

2013-2014 Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live - a ranking of teams based on their win percentage and strength of schedule (their opponents' average win percentage and their opponents' opponents' average win percentage) and sometimes additional or bonus factors such as game location or site updated every five minutes.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm guessing we move to 10th in the ap with uconn losing and stay at 9th in the coaches.

Comment

• For some reason I'm predicting they will jump Baylor or Oregon over us... No reason for them to, but just a feeling

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                For some reason I'm predicting they will jump Baylor or Oregon over us... No reason for them to, but just a feeling
                I hope not. Baylor went to OT against Northwestern State and Oregon went to OT against a team we handled.

Comment

• My point exactly, but we're the red-headed step child of the top 25!!

Comment

• Shockers improve 1 spot to #10 on Dave Borges Ballot (but Baylor improves 3 spots from 21 to 18 while Oregon also improved 1 spot from 10 to 9): http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Shockers improve 2 spots to #12 on Bret Strelow's ballot (he actually drops Baylor from 7 last week to 8th this week and improved Oregon 1 spot from 18 to 17): http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/spo...a4bcf6878.html

The Shocks stay at #11 on Rick Bozich's ballot as he jumps Florida over the Shocks to #10 (He keeps Baylor at #8 and he keeps Oregon at #18): http://www.wdrb.com/story/24285624/b...ll-poll-ballot
                    Last edited by shox1989; December 23, 2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• I am going to predict the Shockers move up to #10 based on the 6 ballots I have seen so far. But it is going to be very close. Baylor, Oregon and WSU actually improved the same number of points on these 6 ballots (a net improvement of 5 total points each for Baylor, Oregon and WSU). But since WSU was already ahead of Baylor last week (albeit a small amount), Baylor has to improve a little more to pass the Shocks. Oregon was even further behind the Shocks. So I am going out on a limb and say the Shocks nose out Baylor for the tenth spot (But if Baylor passes the Shocks it won't totally surprise me based on the sample of these 6 ballots).
                      Last edited by shox1989; December 23, 2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• From Saturday at 11:30 to Monday morning at 8:45, WSU's realtime RPI has dropped from .6721 to .6701 and improved its rank at from #10 to #6, behind Wisconsin, Mass, Kansas. Syracuse & Oregon.

In the Realtime Power Rating, WSU fell from #5 to #7 with Michigan State and Oklahoma State jumping ahead of the Shockers.

RPI forecasting WSU stayed at #13.

In the Realtime RPI, our SOS stayed at #52 to #65.

Comment

• NOLA sports writer moved us to #14 as a "riser", while putting Oregon at #9 and Baylor at #16...

He has one of the more interesting top 25's, as he seems to go away from the norm on his rankings

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/12/my_ap_basketball_poll_week_8.html

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                            NOLA sports writer moved us to #14 as a "riser", while putting Oregon at #9 and Baylor at #16...

He has one of the more interesting top 25's, as he seems to go away from the norm on his rankings

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20...ll_week_8.html
                            That's a big bump- this is the same voter who had us the lowest out of everyone last week at #21.

Villanova fans must hate him- KU #11, Nova #15. SMH.

Comment

• Just saw that... He dropped Baylor 6 spots and held Oregon where they were last week

Comment

Working...
                              X