2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    From my point of view the questionable officiating went more Samford's way. Agree that this is not a good Kansas team.
    Comments on the clean block foul at the end? Not a big deal amirite?

I could only imagine if the roles were reversed.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Comments on the clean block foul at the end? Not a big deal amirite?

I could only imagine if the roles were reversed.
      A reversal of that situation, with Ku involved, would require a healthy and vivid imagination.

And you really can't fault N Crestway . Screwing the opponent is all he's ever seen, so of course the slightest perceived deviation would tip the scales of justice in his eyes.

Comment

• So, if the call had been deemed a block, then who was it out on? If blocked, wouldn't KU have gotten the ball back anyway?

Comment

• The ball went off the backboard right to a Samford player.

Comment

• Gotcha. The replays I saw this am didn't show that. I do agree that it was a block and was probably a tough call to make by a trailing official in real time.

Comment

• The only reason it was called is because the KU player flopped to the floor like he was just shot. Probably the worst call you will see all tournament and likely the most impactful. Cost the Southern conference 2 million dollars

Comment

• It was an obvious missed call with the benefit of the replay, but to be fair, 90%+ of the time the defender commits a foul in that situation and it's damn near impossible to see in real time. Hardly the worst call from the tournament.

That said, I had Samford winning in my bracket so that was a bummer.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Can we disavow any association with FAU? They may be winning, but they have played some of the worst basketball I've seen this year. And that's saying a lot considering how poorly the Shocks played for much of the season.

Comment

• Jack Gohlke after the banked in 3 pointer:

Last edited by ShockBand; March 22, 2024, 12:37 PM.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      The only reason it was called is because the KU player flopped to the floor like he was just shot. Probably the worst call you will see all tournament and likely the most impactful. Cost the Southern conference 2 million dollars
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Can we disavow any association with FAU? They may be winning, but they have played some of the worst basketball I've seen this year. And that's saying a lot considering how poorly the Shocks played for much of the season.
                        No we need the tourney credit money more than we need them to play pretty basketball at this point lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No we need the tourney credit money more than we need them to play pretty basketball at this point lol
                          If they can't pass to their own teammate, make more than one dribble without turning it over, or actually put the ball in the basket, I'm not sure there's much chance of them winning.

Comment

• They have started the 2nd half a little better, but so has NW.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Moreā€¦

Stickboy46 will blame HCPM for not recruiting him in 3 ... 2 ...
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                It was an obvious missed call with the benefit of the replay, but to be fair, 90%+ of the time the defender commits a foul in that situation and it's damn near impossible to see in real time.
                                A referee should never, ever call something he didn't specifically see. There is no such thing as "I called it because usually".

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X