2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023-2024 Games of Interest

UNT with a nice win over UNI in OT last night.

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
    Watched the entire game last night - UNT didn't impress me one bit. Should have ran away and won by 10+ yet absolutely sloppy ball handling and horrible decisions could and should have cost them the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Watched the entire game last night - UNT didn't impress me one bit. Should have ran away and won by 10+ yet absolutely sloppy ball handling and horrible decisions could and should have cost them the game.
      I agree! However, I think UNT will improve. I was surprised their offense was better than their defense yesterday. They were clearly the superior team talent wise.

Comment

Last years starting PG transferred out and their coach left for TX Tech. I would expect them to take a step back this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Last years starting PG transferred out and their coach left for TX Tech. I would expect them to take a step back this year.
          It's strange because the Assistant HC they promoted is credited as being the defensive mastermind of the McCasland teams, but I thought UNT looked much better on offense last night than last season. Their defense, on the other hand, was pretty porous.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            At large still in play, in fact, bolstered by this result.

Just checked the UNI schedule. Saddened by the absence of Upper Iowa. Also saddened by the fact it's nearly impossible to tell where the non con ends and the Valley begins. So much crap, I almost feel bad for them.
            Last edited by WuDrWu; November 8, 2023, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Sounds like us.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Just checked the UNI schedule. Saddened by the absence of Upper Iowa. Also saddened by the fact it's nearly impossible to tell where the non con ends and the Valley begins. So much crap, I almost feel bad for them.
                I still go their message board for laughs on occasion....legit someone said in the preview for the game vs UNT that it wasn't a must win for at large chances, but one they need to get.... umm what?!

Comment

#10 FAU handled Loyola Chicago 75-62. FAU didn't play their best but the talent and depth is still there. Their starting Center, Vladislav Goldin, was dominant on both ends (19pts, 10 reb).

Comment

Mods can we merge this thread with 2023 Scores of Note? I noticed there wasn't a continuation to 2022-2023 Games of Interest so I made this thread, but I think joining them would make more sense.

Comment

Jans starts off strong even with out two of his top players.

ESPN - Mississippi State defeats Arizona State 71-56

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Lipscomb loses to Drake 85-70. They had the lead at the half and got outscored 44-21 in the 2nd.

Comment

I still go their message board for laughs on occasion....legit someone said in the preview for the game vs UNT that it wasn't a must win for at large chances, but one they need to get.... umm what?!
                          Literally 25% of their roster (4 of 16) are from one high school. Not sure they are even trying anymore. (And that high school is Cedar Falls HS)

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                            Lipscomb loses to Drake 85-70. They had the lead at the half and got outscored 44-21 in the 2nd.
                            Drake is ~75 in Kenpom .. so that's a decent sign for us I'd think. Their game was closer than the final score .. Ours wasn't as close as the final score.

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                              Coach's son (DeVries) went off for 36. Drake outrebounded them by 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X