• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Was Dickenson worth $2 million?
    if you have millions to spend, why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Perspective: Liberty won the Myrtle Beach Inv. in a walk (beat us by 17) yet finished their conference season at 7-9 six games out of first.
      Also perspective: Shocks beat the A10 Champs, Richmond, 80-68. The A10 is a likely multiple bid league.

Comment

• Somebody please explain the appeal of St Johns.

Overall win loss record 19-12

Teams they beat had a combined W/L record of (about) 250 wins and 300 losses. (I'm not going back and recheck the math, but I think the losses are much higher)

Their best wins were against Utah 18-14, Hofstra 19-12, Providence 19-13, Butler 18-13, and Creighton 24-8. 10 wins were against teams with records of .500 or below. They had a loss to a team that finished 8-22, and swept two teams in conference, one went 3-29 and the other 9-23.

I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I have heard $2M and $800k. Which is it?
          I heard it was somewhere in-between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yet for some reason locked into a Top 4 seed.
            I don't understand this. They are a boarderline 4 to 5. Current bracketology following the Jayhawk colonoscopy yesterday, has them still on the 3 line.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Watching the Drake/Indiana St game (MVC Final). Indiana St has stormed back after being behind pretty big.

Forgot how hard they play in the Valley. There are more talent and athletic players across the country, but can't deny they make up for that by playing smart and playing hard....the whole time.

Entertaining game. Should be a fun finish.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Hell of a game in the MVC final. Indiana State was down 18 but tied it up with 4 minutes left.

Comment

• download.png
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    That D+ education paying off!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Drake gets the win. Both teams should be in the tournament.

Comment

• I still watch a lot of Valley games on ESPN+. It's a fun league with lots of talent. That said, the bottom half is not good.

Comment

• The championship game attendance in St Louis will probably outnumber the entire AAC tournament for the 5 days combined.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            Somebody please explain the appeal of St Johns.

Overall win loss record 19-12

Teams they beat had a combined W/L record of (about) 250 wins and 300 losses. (I'm not going back and recheck the math, but I think the losses are much higher)

Their best wins were against Utah 18-14, Hofstra 19-12, Providence 19-13, Butler 18-13, and Creighton 24-8. 10 wins were against teams with records of .500 or below. They had a loss to a team that finished 8-22, and swept two teams in conference, one went 3-29 and the other 9-23.

I don't get it.
                            Who is their coach again? Oh yea that might figure into it.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              The championship game attendance in St Louis will probably outnumber the entire AAC tournament for the 5 days combined.
                              The Valley is a basketball conference. The American not so much. AAC teams overall are better but the Valley tournament is special. We went many times but 2 of 4 in my group have died.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Motor, there's no substitute
                                The UK/WSU game in 2013 would like a word with that.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X