No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlad Goldin has gone into hyper sonic mode vs Memphis. I can do without his occasional antics, but the rest is all choice.

We used to always have 3-5 kids with that kind of motor....what happened?

Also, even as much as I dislike Memphis (and I dislike Memphis a TON) you have to be blind to say they (and FAU) don't belong in the tournament. Both teams are outstanding and there isn't a team outside of UConn that wants to face either of them.

Comment

• Memphis belongs in the tourney. Period. I hate Memphis, but....Wins against all ranked Arkansas, Clemson, Texas A&M, Virginia, FAU. I've heard talk about how great St. Johns is and they should be a lock, and their two best wins are against Creighton and a 1 point win against North Texas? You can't beat the dead horse hard enough.... if you don't belong in the P5 this year, DO NOT LOSE IN YOUR CONFERENCE TOURNEY. There are going to be some big time head scratchers on selection Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
        Memphis belongs in the tourney. Period. I hate Memphis, but....Wins against all ranked Arkansas, Clemson, Texas A&M, Virginia, FAU. I've heard talk about how great St. Johns is and they should be a lock, and their two best wins are against Creighton and a 1 point win against North Texas? You can't beat the dead horse hard enough.... if you don't belong in the P5 this year, DO NOT LOSE IN YOUR CONFERENCE TOURNEY. There are going to be some big time head scratchers on selection Sunday.
        Memphis having some more problems today with Florida Atlantic. With 6 left in the game, down 14. It would be their 7th conference loss and 9 overall.

Comment

• Memphis' problem is the good Memphis is a Sweet 16 team .. the bad Memphis doesn't make the NIT. You never know which one will show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            Memphis belongs in the tourney. Period. I hate Memphis, but....Wins against all ranked Arkansas, Clemson, Texas A&M, Virginia, FAU. I've heard talk about how great St. Johns is and they should be a lock, and their two best wins are against Creighton and a 1 point win against North Texas? You can't beat the dead horse hard enough.... if you don't belong in the P5 this year, DO NOT LOSE IN YOUR CONFERENCE TOURNEY. There are going to be some big time head scratchers on selection Sunday.
            I disagree. All of those teams are no longer ranked and a couple of them aren’t even gonna make the tournament. You talk about their wins.. what about their losses? And they have some dreadful ones.

And that defense. It’s flat out embarrassing.

NIT quality, maybe NIT host quality. That’s it.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I so want Houston to throttle KU today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                I so want Houston to throttle KU today.
                Currently 19-4 Houston with 11 to go in the first half ...

Now 29-9 with 7 to go in the first

After hearing about how Houston wasn't serious contenders because the AAC is "weak" and they wouldn't survive in a "real" conference ... they are going to win the "best conference in basketball" by 2 games with the majority of the players being the players they brought from the AAC
                Last edited by Stickboy46; March 9, 2024, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• The Rug has that sick look on his face like when we kicked their butt in the tourney.

Comment

• Tulsa up 10 on USF with 2:32 remaining .

Comment

• I don't think anyone wants to play Houston.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I think USF just lost any hope for an at large bid. I'm guessing they HAVE to win the conference tournament to dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Currently 19-4 Houston with 11 to go in the first half ...

Now 29-9 with 7 to go in the first

After hearing about how Houston wasn't serious contenders because the AAC is "weak" and they wouldn't survive in a "real" conference ... they are going to win the "best conference in basketball" by 2 games with the majority of the players being the players they brought from the AAC
                          Ass beating. Never in the game. We were more competitive with Ku than Ku was with UH. 5 games out of 1st, 6 if you count the cheat vs TCU (and I absolutely do). Should have been bottom half of the conference at 8th. All that beating, AND with a free pass to do what they do best, pay players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Ass beating. Never in the game. We were more competitive with Ku than Ku was with UH. 5 games out of 1st, 6 if you count the cheat vs TCU (and I absolutely do). Should have been bottom half of the conference at 8th. All that beating, AND with a free pass to do what they do best, pay players.
                            Yet for some reason locked into a Top 4 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Bitter much? Two best players injured and no depth. I stated on here that they were a broken team several weeks ago. Self basically ran his starting 5 into the ground during the first part of the season.

Comment

• Rant time.

Perhaps I saw it here, could have been someplace else. Someone mentioned how conferences, such as the Big 12, have figured how to manipulate the Net rankings.

I know, the Big 12 is this year’s media darling.Work with me here.

My point, look at OU as an example. Their best wins were Iowa St and BYU, both at home…perhaps a neutral court win against Iowa. Decent wins, but that’s it. And yet, they are predicted to be in the tournament.

Look, and feel free to look on your own, at their non-conference schedule. They loaded it up (mostly) with ~200+ Net ranked teams, and naturally beat most of them by 20+. They are 20-11, and 8-10 in conference. The Net rewards teams who beat up on poorer teams by larger margins.

Just doesn’t seem right that they should be in.

Rant over.

Comment

Working...
                                X