• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for James Madison. They in.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
      Good for James Madison. They in.
      Happy to see some stronger 12-13 seeds (James Madison, Drake, Samford) get in. While the drama is fun in the moment, it kind of sucks when the low seeds are bad teams that got hot in their conference tournament. Hopefully McNeese, Princeton, and College of Charleston get in as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Happy to see some stronger 12-13 seeds (James Madison, Drake, Samford) get in. While the drama is fun in the moment, it kind of sucks when the low seeds are bad teams that got hot in their conference tournament. Hopefully McNeese, Princeton, and College of Charleston get in as well.
        Yeah. I was happy to see that win. Not because I didn't want a quote-unquote bid stealer to get it. It's b.s. I just think this is the year (and I've thought that since about January) that the selection Sunday picks might be a tipping point for some fans, not that it will break college basketball, the damage is already done with the nil, conference realignments, free agency, cash enticements to players to transfer, and flaunting of eligibility requirements. The power conferences pretty much want to run the whole thing and make all the decisions. I could actually see a point where the power conferences just say f*ck it, we'll have our own post season tournament and sell the broadcast rights to the highest bidders - just so they don't have to deal with the prospects of James Madison, Drake, Samford and the like ruining their tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
          I could actually see a point where the power conferences just say f*ck it, we'll have our own post season tournament and sell the broadcast rights to the highest bidders - just so they don't have to deal with the prospects of James Madison, Drake, Samford and the like ruining their tournament.
          Any attempt to exclude mid and low majors will ruin the tournament to many fans. I love March Madness and would stop watching. Part of me wants them to do it just so their exclusive tournament falls flat on its face.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Any attempt to exclude mid and low majors will ruin the tournament to many fans. I love March Madness and would stop watching. Part of me wants them to do it just so their exclusive tournament falls flat on its face.
            Everyone knows that the tournament loses interest if it's nothing but P5 schools. The charm of the tournament is the "long shots" having their chance.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Everyone knows that the tournament loses interest if it's nothing but P5 schools. The charm of the tournament is the "long shots" having their chance.
              Everyone (except the P5 schools) knows that. Unfortunately, they appear to be the ones in control.

Comment

• Just thought I’d document that I’m very much enjoying the second KU game in a row against one of our former conference mates.

Comment

• Texas.jpg
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If Kansas gets a 4 seed...
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• This loss doesn't count for KU since their two best players are "injured" .. i.e. were held out intentionally so when they lose it can't be held against them

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        This loss doesn't count for KU since their two best players are "injured" .. i.e. were held out intentionally so when they lose it can't be held against them
                        Same as how that worked for Florida State in football.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Ku Cincy just feels right.

Comment

• How would WSU do against a KU squad sans HD and KMcC? Because the Beakers were piss-ass awful tonight. Not that it broke my heart by any stretch of the imagination.
                            78-65

Comment

• Amazing how the duece was cheerleading for a Kansas comeback and trying to 'splain everything away.

Comment

• Maybe the Beakers spent too much NIL money on Dickinson and didn't have enough left to fill out the roster.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X