No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAU or UNT imo. Just a gut feeling. I’ll be happy if Memphis gets stomped. Superb feeling if we pull a rabbit out of a hat though

Comment

• Obviously, pending on what the other teams end up doing, I am guessing (Captain Obvious), that winning 3 out of the last 4 will avoid Thursday. 2 out of 4, I think we’ll need some help. So, hold serve at home, win 1 on the road. Last night’s Rice win messed a few things up. Crazy that a team could play 5 days in a row.

Mare’s eat oats and doe’s eat oats, and I’ll be home for Christmas.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
          Obviously, pending on what the other teams end up doing, I am guessing (Captain Obvious), that winning 3 out of the last 4 will avoid Thursday. 2 out of 4, I think we’ll need some help. So, hold serve at home, win 1 on the road. Last night’s Rice win messed a few things up. Crazy that a team could play 5 days in a row.

Mare’s eat oats and doe’s eat oats, and I’ll be home for Christmas.
          Even 4 wins doesn't guarantee that we won't play Wednesday (admittedly, if we win 4 we probably aren't playing Wednesday) but realistically 3 wins and they almost have to be Temple, Rice and Tulane. I don't think Tulane will win more than 2 before ending with us, so getting 2 then beating the Green Wave gives us that advantage. Winning just 2 means that either Rice or Tulsa (or both) would have to lose all remaining games, and that's unlikely.

The only way we can finish above Tulane without beating them is to hope they lose every other game, and we win our other 3. Extraordinarily unlikely, in a basket of unlikeliness.

So if we don't finish ahead of Tulane, we have to finish ahead of everyone else (Tulsa, Temple, UTSA, Rice). Both Temple and UTSA will have a difficult time getting out of the bottom 4 on numbers, and a worse time because they aren't good. And I just realized how much time I wasted with this futile exercise about a team whose only road win all year is at Coastal freaking Carolina.

Carry on and plan on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's because he can still out recruit. He just needs his guys to enjoy playing with each other and have fun to win. When they don't, his teams are destined to fall apart because they have nothing positive to fall back upon.

Penny would make a fantastic lead recruiter for someone that could actually coach. Or he needs to go back and find an assistant that can coach.
            Mike Miller says hello....

Comment

• I wonder if Jerry Stackhouse would have interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Even 4 wins doesn't guarantee that we won't play Wednesday (admittedly, if we win 4 we probably aren't playing Wednesday) but realistically 3 wins and they almost have to be Temple, Rice and Tulane. I don't think Tulane will win more than 2 before ending with us, so getting 2 then beating the Green Wave gives us that advantage. Winning just 2 means that either Rice or Tulsa (or both) would have to lose all remaining games, and that's unlikely.

The only way we can finish above Tulane without beating them is to hope they lose every other game, and we win our other 3. Extraordinarily unlikely, in a basket of unlikeliness.

So if we don't finish ahead of Tulane, we have to finish ahead of everyone else (Tulsa, Temple, UTSA, Rice). Both Temple and UTSA will have a difficult time getting out of the bottom 4 on numbers, and a worse time because they aren't good. And I just realized how much time I wasted with this futile exercise about a team whose only road win all year is at Coastal freaking Carolina.

Carry on and plan on Wednesday.
                Don’t you love good wasted time, though?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

78-65

Comment

Whatever. There's no rules anymore.

Comment

Could have been worse. He could have mis-gendered a tranny.

Comment

Academic scandal at Memphis?

idgaf the homework be mines
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• NCAA = Non-Compliance Assistance Agency
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Houston defeats Baylor in OT 82-76. Houston is in first in Big 12 by 2 games.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Wake Forest knocks off Duke all but solidifying their at large bid chances. That would bump the ACC potentially up to 6 teams? Yikers! Let the power play begin! Hear that Indiana State? You too, Drake! Better focus all your eggs into that MVC Conference tourney because there is less than a zero percent chance the Valley gets an at large. I'm beginning to wonder about Grand Canyon, but at least they have the backing and a couple of thousand fans who will travel to the moon to watch them play in a tourney game.

Comment

Working...
                                X