No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Mills took over a a terrible 8-22 ORU team. Their record steadily improved and he took them to the NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years including a sweet 16. This year, ORU's best Kenpom win was number 47 Liberty. Their worst loss was at number 67 New Mexico. ORU ended the year 72 in KP. Our best win was 103 Tulane and our worst loss was at home to number 247 Alcorn St. We are number 99 in KP. If he can create a winning program at ORU, I'm looking forward to what he can do here.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Quite a welcome page for our new coach. Maybe he will have a change of mind. It happens. Coach were you are loved. Not sure WSU qualifies.

Comment

Some of y’all are insufferable. The guy is feisty. We’re not going to get the same boring excuses game after game. He won 30 games this year at Oral freaking Roberts. Smile a little and give the man a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
          Paul Mills took over a a terrible 8-22 ORU team. Their record steadily improved and he took them to the NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years including a sweet 16. This year, ORU's best Kenpom win was number 47 Liberty. Their worst loss was at number 67 New Mexico. ORU ended the year 72 in KP. Our best win was 103 Tulane and our worst loss was at home to number 247 Alcorn St. We are number 99 in KP. If he can create a winning program at ORU, I'm looking forward to what he can do here.
          Ditto.

Comment

Shocker fans will support. Some will give him a longer leash than others. But everyone will come around and get behind him eventually.

I have taken a deep breath and am all in at this point. Cause....why not? GO SHOX
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I know it's been awhile, but this reminds me a lot of the initial reaction to hiring Turgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Quite a welcome page for our new coach. Maybe he will have a change of mind. It happens. Coach were you are loved. Not sure WSU qualifies.
                I remember doubters with Marshall too. If we win it will change fast, and I think this guy will be good.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

So after 1 hour, I am already anxious to watch what happens. If IB were still coach, I wouldn't have cared.

Comment

Code of conduct all players at ORU had to sign.

honor_code.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Us grumpy old men are just upset that change happens. We are so set in our ways, and need to lighten up and accept change.

Comment

Welcome aboard HCPM. My 3 cents worth goes as follows. "RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT."
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

FWIW, Bill Self was 55-54 as a coach at ORU.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Ok, I’m pass the 5 Stages of Grief now.

Welcome aboard HCPM.

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I know it's been awhile, but this reminds me a lot of the initial reaction to hiring Turgeon.
                              Think about that for a second…. What was Turgeon’s resume vs. Mills when he was hired. Glad the program is in a better spot. Now let’s keep it that way.

Was not my first choice, but I am excited to support coach!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Code of conduct all players at ORU had to sign.

honor_code.pdf
                                I remember signing a similar pledge to play basketball at Friends U, but signing the pledge and actually having enforcement are two wildly different things. Does ORU actually enforce these rules? Or do we think requiring a signature alone scared off recruits?
                                “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart” – Red Auerbach

Comment

Working...
                                X