The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not much to go off with him. Played around 4 mpg last season. Averaged less than a point and a rebound per game. Three star out of Huntington Prep in WV. Seems like a project. With a similar project in QB on the roster, can't see that this one makes any sense.
    Could be a case of:

(via text)
    HCPM: Hey Dok, I know we haven't talked since you were coming out of high school but I wanted to wish you luck in your future endeavors!
    Dok Muordar: Thanks coach! Got any roster spots open?
    HCPM: silence
    Dok Muordar to TPR in Twitter DM's: I've heard from these schools, oh yeah and Paul Mills at Wichita State! That'll make me look like a player with a lot of interest!
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't care whether it fatigues you. Log off if it does. I'll be there cheering loudly whether it ends up being a good hire or not. I've said multiple times I hope I'm wrong. I apologize for not falling into the sunshine and rainbows group think where every player that leaves "wasn't that good" and every player that comes in is the next Ron Baker diamond in the rough.
      Well, we don't care if you don't care. How about that? Have you ever heard of eeyeore?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Well, we don't care if you don't care. How about that? Have you ever heard of eeyeore?
        You cared enough to respond (as did I to respond to you) .. so lets all just agree we all care about the WSU program .. just in different ways apparently.

Comment

• I don’t really agree with Stickboy’s thought process, but it’s always helpful to have people who are opposed to whatever narrative is available, so long as they have convictions. I think he does. And there is a chance that he is right.

Again, not like I 100% agree with it, but I want those beliefs to be challenged with facts and not ridiculed.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Targets.jpg

Comment

• I just get tired of constant negative comments coming from the cheap seats.

Nobody on this board has any kind of clue how good our HC , assistants or players will be but lets at least give them a chance.

Comment

• Couple questions: Did he say we still were going to have a full roster by Wednesday? And second: Does anybody understand what he meant when he said we weren't going to recruit the best players, and neither were we going to recruit players who fit his system......what?

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                  I just get tired of constant negative comments coming from the cheap seats.

Nobody on this board has any kind of clue how good our HC , assistants or players will be but lets at least give them a chance.
                  We are all in the same cheap seats here. There is no harm in raising concerns. There are are reasons to be hopeful .. but also reasons to be concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    FYI, we are not being considered by Tylor Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                      I just get tired of constant negative comments coming from the cheap seats.

Nobody isn't giving them a chance. Just evaluating where we are at to this point.

I can appreciate optimism, but for me, some of the over the top nothing based in reality comments also get a little tiring. Some of those people are the ones that are more likely to go straight to ridicule rather than actually talk about it. At least Stick puts forth his reasoning and evaluations instead of just wanting the best and pretending nothing else matters like some. Some of the optimistic people put forth reasoning for their optimism. Some of us may not agree with how they see things, but you can respect those thoughts more than the others.

Discourse should still live on this board. I know our political climate for years has trained people to just go straight to ridicule or hate or whatever rather than talking through differences and understanding others. You can understand and respect differing thoughts, views, evaluations without agreeing with them.

Also, if nobody has a clue we apparently shouldn't have positive or negative thoughts and should just sit here and let the message board have no discussion until everything is in place. That's no fun.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Couple questions: Did he say we still were going to have a full roster by Wednesday? And second: Does anybody understand what he meant when he said we weren't going to recruit the best players, and neither were we going to recruit players who fit his system......what?
                        When did he state the roster would be complete by Wednesday? Do you have a link?

In the presser HCPM said:
                        • He isn't going to accumulate talent for the sake of having it, but will prioritize assembling a 'team' - this doesn't mean he isn't placing value on talent
                        • He won't recruit to a specific system because he is flexible with the systems he runs - this doesn't mean he won't have a system
                        More details in TE's article:

Hope this clears things up.

Comment

• not at all

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

When did he state the roster would be complete by Wednesday? Do you have a link?

In the presser HCPM said:
                            • He isn't going to accumulate talent for the sake of having it, but wants to assemble a team - this doesn't mean he isn't placing value on talent
                            • He won't recruit to a specific system because he is flexible with the systems he runs - this doesn't mean he won't have a system
                            Hope this clears things up.
                            I don't believe he himself ever came out and said that. There were people including Taylor that have said that the staff though it was a reasonable possibility to have a full roster by next week. This was echoed by a few people on here. I think a lot of it might have hinged on Abmas though. That's just my pure guess without any insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't believe he himself ever came out and said that. There were people including Taylor that have said that the staff though it was a reasonable possibility to have a full roster by next week. This was echoed by a few people on here. I think a lot of it might have hinged on Abmas though. That's just my pure guess without any insight.

HCPM doesn't seem like someone who would hinge an entire class on hoping that one player comes to play for him. I think it was SN or TE that insinuated anything about Abmas. Wild speculation.

Comment

• Deleted Tylor Perry.

Targets.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X