No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Texas has another hit the portal.

Tylor Perry is a 5'11" SR G out of Fort Coffee, OK. Averaged 17 while knocking down 41% of his three's.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Cam Martin (Kansas) has landed at Boise State
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Just get the ball rolling with Abmas and let the rest of the dominos start to get knocked over.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          North Texas has another hit the portal.

Tylor Perry is a 5'11" SR G out of Fort Coffee, OK. Averaged 17 while knocking down 41% of his three's.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Looks like mills has no problem jumping into the deep end with the big dogs. Now let’s see if he can swim.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Getting Abmas is indeed the first domino in Mills getting off to a good start. Hopefully, if Abmas is interested in following his coach, Mills, Saal, Armchair and the bigger boosters are prepared to make him feel welcome in every way.

For WSU, Abmas is what big$ NIL should be all about. Getting Abmas will lead to selling season tickets and to getting other players which will lead to winning and selling single game tickets and selling more season tickets the following year. Every 1000 season tickets sold is probably equal to about $1,000,000 in revenue to the athletic departments. WSU supporters, big and small, should consider investing in Abmas/NIL because the returns could be great. WSU could benefit the way K State and Missouri did this season. How much is that worth?

Comment

• I mean, his movies suck, but he’s good at basketball.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I have no idea how the rules of NIL work but this is where the system just freaks me out a bit. Hypothetically, Armchair should be able to say "Hey Shockernetters, been having some good talks with a stud from ORU. Wanna donate to the pot?"

This is slimy but if we are going to make this thing work that is the transparency that would help. Otherwise how do we know what kind of need exists?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    I have no idea how the rules of NIL work but this is where the system just freaks me out a bit. Hypothetically, Armchair should be able to say "Hey Shockernetters, been having some good talks with a stud from ORU. Wanna donate to the pot?"

This is slimy but if we are going to make this thing work that is the transparency that would help. Otherwise how do we know what kind of need exists?
                    I'm guessing the level of NIL needed for Abmas will be something more along the lines of Armchair having a conversation with a business or two that wants to write off a large "advertising expense" for a Shocker Player to be named in the future. Or they can just contact Abmas directly without Armchair. Nothing stopping that now. Just "Hey, if you happened to end up living in the Wichita area, we would love to have you do a commercial for our brand and we will pay you 200k for it"

Comment

• I think Opendorse facilitates transactions between businesses and athletes. I would guess that they do the paper work that is necessary to keep the NCAA and athletic department happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                        I think Opendorse facilitates transactions between businesses and athletes. I would guess that they do the paper work that is necessary to keep the NCAA and athletic department happy.
                        They do all the official stuff yes... but nothing is stopping a business from making the verbal agreements directly anymore. They just can't say its specifically for attending WSU or base the pay on athletic performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          I mean, his movies suck, but he’s good at basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                            I have no idea how the rules of NIL work but this is where the system just freaks me out a bit. Hypothetically, Armchair should be able to say "Hey Shockernetters, been having some good talks with a stud from ORU. Wanna donate to the pot?"

Not slimy. I feel the same. I’ve never lived by the model “throw **** at the wall and see what sticks”. Transparency is key to sales

Comment

• Targets.jpg

Comment

• Anyone else feel like we could get a new commit and not be told until May ? lol
                                Last edited by LetsGoShockers2021; April 4, 2023, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X