The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I expected him to have at least 1 for sure starter level player on the roster 3 weeks into the job. Whether that was a returning player or portal player. As of right now we don't have one.
    If you don't think Germany is a "sure starter level player", how can we possibly have a rational discussion?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you don't think Germany is a "sure starter level player", how can we possibly have a rational discussion?
      Discussed this earlier. He put up decent numbers on a very bad team that played a very bad schedule. He's the most proven player on the roster but he SHOULD be a solid backup for a tournament level team not a starter.

Comment

Discussed this earlier. He put up decent numbers on a very bad team that played a very bad schedule. He's the most proven player on the roster but he SHOULD be a solid backup for a tournament level team not a starter.
        Uh huh. And our unbeaten team wasn't good because they didn't play anybody, right?

Comment

• according to NCAA.com there are 5510 division 1 mens basketball players.

The guy who finished 9th in 3 point percentage (top .001%) is not a starter caliber player on a NCAA tourny team ? - Rogers

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
            according to NCAA.com there are 5510 division 1 mens basketball players.

The guy who finished 9th in 3 point percentage (top .001%) is not a starter caliber player on a NCAA tourny team ? - Rogers
            Lol forgive me for not expecting 3pt % to translate to WSU after years of people shooting 10% lower here than they do everywhere else.

I like Rogers but he's not proven based on that one stat
            Last edited by Stickboy46; April 14, 2023, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Uh huh. And our unbeaten team wasn't good because they didn't play anybody, right?
              Our 2014 undefeated team played the 103rd toughest schedule... UTSA played the 288th toughest schedule.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Germany held his own vs UNT and FAU.

I get reservations, but it’s not like he disappeared in UTSA’s toughest games.
                The Assman

Comment

Our 2014 undefeated team played the 103rd toughest schedule... UTSA played the 288th toughest schedule.

​​​​​​
                  The point flew right over your head.

The 103rd toughest schedule was laughable to a lot of outsiders as we claimed to be one of the top 10 teams in the country -- even coming off a Final Four run.

Comment

Lol forgive me for not expecting 3pt % to translate to WSU after years of people shooting 10% lower here than they do everywhere else.

I like Rogers but he's not proven based on that one stat
                    Let’s face it, no matter what Mills does, Stick will never agree that he was a good hire. Recruiting, coaching, winning, etc. I am just calling a spade a spade. Your negativity fatigues many of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Let’s face it, no matter what Mills does, Stick will never agree that he was a good hire. Recruiting, coaching, winning, etc. I am just calling a spade a spade. Your negativity fatigues many of us.
                      I don't care whether it fatigues you. Log off if it does. I'll be there cheering loudly whether it ends up being a good hire or not. I've said multiple times I hope I'm wrong. I apologize for not falling into the sunshine and rainbows group think where every player that leaves "wasn't that good" and every player that comes in is the next Ron Baker diamond in the rough.

Comment

The point flew right over your head.

The 103rd toughest schedule was laughable to a lot of outsiders as we claimed to be one of the top 10 teams in the country -- even coming off a Final Four run.
                        No I know exactly what you were doing. I'm pointing out that the data said we were good and it was just opinions that said we weren't.

My response gives a valid data point why one might actually be cautious about Germanys production here.

Comment

I expected him to have at least 1 for sure starter level player on the roster 3 weeks into the job. Whether that was a returning player or portal player. As of right now we don't have one.
                          I usually respect your opinion - but You have been the biggest Karen on the board since HCPM was hired - H played on a final four team a couple of weeks ago and isn't good enough to start for WSU ???- Dude !!

Comment

No I know exactly what you were doing. I'm pointing out that the data said we were good and it was just opinions that said we weren't.

My response gives a valid data point why one might actually be cautious about Germanys production here.
                            At this point in PMs new job, you just have to trust him. No amount of data means a thing right now. Just relax and enjoy the show, relevant data can be debated sometimes in November.

Comment

​​​​​​
                              Kenpom has UTSA's schedule at 121. That's only 9 spots behind WSU's.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

I usually respect your opinion - but You have been the biggest Karen on the board since HCPM was hired - H played on a final four team a couple of weeks ago and isn't good enough to start for WSU ???- Dude !!
                                Sorry, but playing in one game doesn't magically make his 4 year career numbers better than they are. He's a pretty poor shooter over 3.5 years of his career. Normally players don't magically get better shooting when they come to Wichita .. now maybe that was a Marshall/Brown thing and Mills will change that. I'm just not seeing anything that says he's going to step in and be a for sure starter on a tournament level team we hope to be. Miami was a tournament level team and he got a little over 10 minutes a game .. that's it. Lots of potential, I'll agree with that.

Call me a Karen if you want, I'm just trying to be realistic about where we are at. We are halfway through the portal entry period and very much arguably have less talent on the roster than we did last year. 6 Scholarships to fill and outside of 1 or 2 long shots, we haven't been mentioned in contention for anyone that would appear to be an immediate impact player. Abmas was going to be the exception but it appears we got outbid on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X