The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't believe he himself ever came out and said that. There were people including Taylor that have said that the staff though it was a reasonable possibility to have a full roster by next week. This was echoed by a few people on here. I think a lot of it might have hinged on Abmas though. That's just my pure guess without any insight.

I figured it was mostly speculation as I had not seen HCPM say we're going to have a full roster by Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

HCPM doesn't seem like someone who would hinge an entire class on hoping that one player comes to play for him. I think it was SN or TE that insinuated anything about Abmas. Wild speculation.
      Very possible .. I'm just stating that's likely where the "Wednesday" comment came from.

Also, I don't think it was HCPM hinging it on one player, but very well might have had a couple players say they would come if Abmas was here.

Comment

• Eric Bossi 247 national writer says we shouldn't be ruled out for Abmas but we "appear to be chasing."

Comment

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post
          Eric Bossi 247 national writer says we shouldn't be ruled out for Abmas but we "appear to be chasing."
          We need a bigger bag!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I figured it was mostly speculation as I had not seen HCPM say we're going to have a full roster by Wednesday.
            As with anything recruiting .. most everything will be "sources" or speculation until its done lol.

Comment

• EBoss has always been a reliable source for quality and solid info. I still don't think we're getting him.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Deleted Tylor Perry.
                That's okay. His movies suck.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  I don’t really agree with Stickboy’s thought process, but it’s always helpful to have people who are opposed to whatever narrative is available, so long as they have convictions. I think he does.
                  Yeeeeeeah, okaaaaay. Only ex-cons have credibility. Riiiiight.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I don't think we're getting Max either but at least noteworthy that we still have a fighting chance, personally as of yesterday I thought it was over. In Max's position, it is my understanding that it was presumed he was done with college after this year before the season, and being that he already has his degree and would be choosing a 5th year of college over pro ball it would make sense to chase the situation with the best role and NIL bag available. He would certainly have very nice overseas deals at the floor of his pro options so it would be financially rational for him to pursue big time NIL. He is one of the cases of guys that nobody should be faulting if he just chooses the highest bidder, he did his four years and got his degree at his initial school, if he is going to make the choice to do another year of college it just makes sense for him to be factoring $$$ highly into his decision.

Comment

• Did Bossi post here a few times many years ago? It seems like one of the big recruiting guys at Rivals or Scout posted a few nuggets of info somewhere, at some time. I used to follow EBoss at Rivals for years when I was diving head first into recruiting year 'round. I can't seem to remember any of the other names from back then off the top of my head.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Answered my own question. Eric, or someone pretending to be Eric but seemed to have knowledge that Eric would have had, posted a few times back in 2006 on a confusing recruit by the name of Johnathan Hall.

I feel better now. And glad I wasn't just pulling something out of my ass.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeeeeeeah, okaaaaay. Only ex-cons have credibility. Riiiiight.

Oddly relevant to all the recent posts

Comment

• It would be nice if WSU was able to have 247 site with writers to give out more recruiting tidbits. I've always said that if Taylor wanted to start up some way of dropping some extra insider info I would be happy to pay for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post
                              It would be nice if WSU was able to have 247 site with writers to give out more recruiting tidbits. I've always said that if Taylor wanted to start up some way of dropping some extra insider info I would be happy to pay for it.
                              I believe the site was approached once by Rivals or Scout back in the day but I want to say the board, or leadership, decided not to join. I don't remember all that went into it. There may have even been a poll about who'd be willing to subscribe to get certain info and it didn't look good.

I'm not looking this one up. I know I had a Rivals subscription at the time and would have been willing to change that to pay for a Shocker specific board.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Couple questions: Did he say we still were going to have a full roster by Wednesday? And second: Does anybody understand what he meant when he said we weren't going to recruit the best players, and neither were we going to recruit players who fit his system......what?
                                “The job isn’t to accumulate talent, it’s to assemble a team,” Mills said. “That always resonated with me. This isn’t going to be, ‘Let’s go get the most talented guys.’ It’s, ‘How do we get guys that fit into what we’re trying to do?’” Just because Mills’ teams at ORU played at a fast pace and shot a lot of three-pointers doesn’t mean his teams at WSU will be. Mills said he is not a “system” coach, meaning he is willing to adapt to his players rather than trying to have his players adapt to his system.

“Let’s go get the guys who care about doing the right things and are about winning and then we’ll figure it out over the course of time what’s the best way to play,” Mills said. “When I was a high school coach, I taught Calculus, so I’m not the dumbest person in the room. I think we can figure out what is a style that works in order to help our guys and propel them forward.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X