The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I agree from a per game stat perspective. My only caution is that UTSA was bad .. really bad and they played one of the easiest schedules in D1 (288th per NET). So when comparing the two, I'm generally taking it with a grain of salt and saying that probably roughly comparable. I still think both of them are AAC-Backup quality centers and not starter level IMO.
    Definitely a valid point. Germany also saw higher usage than KP which factors into the numbers but is rated as very strong rebounder by efficiency metrics. If you look at individual games Germany did quite well against top CUSA programs like UNT, UAB, and FAU so I don't think he only beat up on weak opponents.

I do think both KP and JG can be serviceable starters in the AAC but neither are starter-level on an NCAAT team (would love to be wrong).

Comment

• A. Sanogo has put his name into the NBA draft. He must have been trying to see what he could bring in in NIL funds, and didn’t get what he wants.

Comment

• For years CBB has been near the top of my list in terms of over all importance. I am still a fan but the changes in the game have significantly dulled my excitement. I admit I foolishly got sucked in on the likelyhood MA would come here and then Lucy pulled that ball away from ole Charlie again. Like Sub, I will just wait now on the roster to fill out and keep things real. As for KP I have always been high on him and still believe he is clearly better than the new guy although I'd be happy to be wrong. KP really came on strong late and still has alot of upside plus two years left remaining. If I were PM I'd tell KP we'd like you at PF 15 min a game and center for 10.

Comment

• A few things after reading this afternoon.

Pohto is/was more valuable than Germany for a lot of reasons. I, too, think Germany’s production for 23-24 would probably be better than Kenny’s, that’s not at all for sure, but that’s my guess. However, that’s not why losing Kenny hurts and Germany doesn’t negate that loss.

These 2 things can be true at once: It would have been better to keep Walton, KP and JP, but WSU basketball could still have a better 23-24 season without them. It all depends on who signs up for the last 6 spots, how they play, and how they’re coached. I wanted Mills to try to keep them, but in today’s world that is an uphill battle.

I want to see who PM can fill in with the final 6 spots before I say a ton negative. I just don’t know if it’ll be good or bad. I’d also like to see how they play and what we look like.

Smacking a statement like “this is a multi-year rebuild… if at all” 3 weeks into someone’s tenure when we don’t know about half the roster… idk man I don’t think it takes a “sunshine pumper” to say that seems silly.

It could totally end up true, but that **** has yet to be written.

Comment

• Back to our regularly scheduled programming:

One the Shox apparently lost out on. Has committed to St. Johns. Didn't know WSU had reached out. Averaged 16 / 4 / 5 for Iona last season. Originally from Dallas.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Jay Bilas crying tears of joy, while getting paid to commentate games that play for an organization he hates
                The Assman

Comment

• I was really high last night and really down right now. I still feel we will be hearing some good news soon. The earlier post from hookemhorns really got under my skin. Saying poor ole Rodney Terry really needs a win. I get tired of the BIG BOYS feeling like they are better than everyone else. HCPM and Shocker Nation really needs a win!!! Is that less than Texas needing a win, Hell NO.

Comment

• He does need a win to pacify all 11 Texas basketball fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      He does need a win to pacify all 11 Texas basketball fans.
                      Most UT fans likely couldn't name the basketball coach or pick him out of a group of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Most UT fans likely couldn't name the basketball coach or pick him out of a group of people.

Most UT fan couldn't give a rats ass about anything associated with basketball unless it somehow interfered with spring football.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I said I was willing to lose the entire roster for the right coach. I'm not convinced we have the right coach.

I question the cheer leading by some because the talent level at this point is still below last years squad.

Those are simply observations. But if I'm not allowed to have differing thoughts from the rah rah crowd I can stop posting. I won't stop, so you can keep classifying it however inaccurately you choose. You're becoming as bad ash ShockM has been in the past in twisting everyone's words to fit whatever narrative you wish to put out there.
                          lol don’t get your panties in a wad. I didn’t say you weren’t allowed to have a different opinion? Speaking of twisting words around…

I was too suspect of the hire but not gonna start throwing in the towel after a freaking month. Nobody knows ultimately what’s gonna happen. That’s why it should be at least a wait and see approach at the very minimum.

Again, you’re making it seem like you prefer the previous regime with the roster complaints, which are still incomplete btw.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                            He does need a win to pacify all 11 Texas basketball fans.
                            This is true during football season and longer if they aren't a top 10 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxxxx View Post

You can permaban if this doesn’t In 24 hours; gladly. What do I get when it does happen?
                              Peace out homie.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Read the last day of messages in this thread, didn’t really learn anything. Great work ShockerNet Nation. You all never fail to disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                                X