No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-State On3 site reported that Abmas had some travel complications for his visit to Manhattan. Didn’t arrive until noon Saturday and spent only 24 of his possible 48 hours for the visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      K-State On3 site reported that Abmas had some travel complications for his visit to Manhattan. Didn’t arrive until noon Saturday and spent only 24 of his possible 48 hours for the visit.
      Good

Comment

• Eliminate the travel problems, have one of the deep pocket guys send the jet! (Unless that violates any rules)

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          K-State On3 site reported that Abmas had some travel complications for his visit to Manhattan. Didn’t arrive until noon Saturday and spent only 24 of his possible 48 hours for the visit.
          That's normally enough time for people to realize they don't want to live there

Comment

• Not sure why the pic is blurry but Cortes once had 46 points and 11 threes in a H/S game. 11 friggin 3’s
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• The Shocker version of Dani Rojas! I love it. Welcome Bijan.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                The Shocker version of Dani Rojas! I love it. Welcome Bijan.
                Basketball is Life!
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Basketball is Life
                  But basketball is also death

Just glad we don't have a dog for a mascot....
                  Last edited by shockerfan; April 16, 2023, 11:34 PM.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!! Bijan Cortes!!
                    The Assman

Comment

• I think Cortes is a serviceable PG for a team getting into post-season competition. I'd still like to see another PG, preferably Abmas, but he may be a financial problem.

I think we have two other starters (Rogers and Beverly) who could be post-season level players. Germany and Abidde could be good enough to keep the Shox at the level they were at last year. Maintaining a mid-level AAC finish with a complete rebuild would have to be considered an accomplishment following a coaching change from a mid-level AAC finish.

There are still 5 scholarships to fill. Those 5 are going to be an attempt to move up from mid-pack in the AAC. Schollies need to go to another PG, another post, and another PF. That leaves 2 for "best available" who fit into the team Mills is trying to build.

I still think Ricks could be a contributor, but there have to be 3 to 5 players on the roster who see limited court time.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Speaking of possible key role players to fill in pieces to the remaining roster needs, I'll throw these unsolicited opinions on here for free because that's what we do here on SN.

The more I watch P. Mwamba and K. Thompson from Oral Roberts, the more immediate value I see they would bring to HCPM's system. They would be a good fit to get this Shocker party started. Hopefully, this big happy family would entice M. Abmas to join us too. They have already experienced success at an impressive level together and are all available in the portal to regroup and play together again. We have the room and roles for all 3 of them IMO.

Last but not least, I still hope Kenny P. retuns. His improvements last Season were impressive and he would be a returning starter that keeps his turnovers to a mild roar and assists to new heights. He and. Germany could play some 4 and 5 together nicely. Opinions for free from a FSF who never made a thin dime coaching.
                        Last edited by forevershockerfan; April 17, 2023, 07:30 AM.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

If Texas signing Abmas means Wichita ends up w/ Olivari, I'd take that trade in a second. That dude is a stud, but I'm certain he'll be looking P5 for exposure.
                          Xavier got Olivari
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I can't imagine BYU has featured many Muslim players on its roster over the years. Would be an interesting fit.
                            We're going to find out. He's BYU bound.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Nate Barnhart is a 7' RS Freshman transferring out of Wyoming. He's from the KC area. A bit thin, but can shoot from outside, handles the ball fairly well and is decently athletic. I'm all for big guy projects and would be interested in this one if we bring back Pohto or find someone who can step in and play. I don't know enough to project long term on this kid, but I think there's some potential there to add value. Would definitely benefit from adding 20-30 pounds.

He's headed to South Dakota State. I'm still interesting in seeing how this kid ends up developing.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                The Shocker version of Dani Rojas! I love it. Welcome Bijan.

He has the look!

Comment

Working...
                                X