The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    Was Paul Mills doing a live recruiting update today? If so, do we know what time and where it could be heard?
    Its a press conference .. likely mainly focused on the staff. Taylor has started tweeting updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Was Paul Mills doing a live recruiting update today? If so, do we know what time and where it could be heard?
      Someone said he was doing a press conference. They did not say what it was about. Could just be a more formal introduction of his staff. Could be some general info on recruiting, but who knows? Not sure of the time, I was wondering that myself.

Comment

• Taylor is posting stuff on his twitter right now.

Comment

• Pretty interesting. Horizon schools with $400k+ and WSU has $500k last I saw? Shows what we're up against.

Comment

• Thanks to each of you for the updates.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post
              Pretty interesting. Horizon schools with $400k+ and WSU has $500k last I saw? Shows what we're up against.

Our government and courts seem to screw up everything they touch. They are destroying college sports. Once the Chinese start funding some team, I'll be done with anything above high school level.

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Comment

• What I took from the interview is that the Koch presence on the background seems to be much more prominent than I have seen for a while. Maybe I just never noticed it but that is a good sign, right??? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                      What I took from the interview is that the Koch presence on the background seems to be much more prominent than I have seen for a while. Maybe I just never noticed it but that is a good sign, right??? LOL
                      I think it's the same one if you go watch some of IB's pre-game interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Oh, no doubt. It will probably forever be the greatest basketball game that I will have ever attended. Haymaker after haymaker, back and forth. WSU unfortunately missed the knockout blow at the buzzer. It was bittersweet that WSU got more respect for that one loss than it did for the 35 previous wins.
                        Also good to be the 1 seed and play a roadie in the 32. Not that Shocker Nation didn't show up mind you. I have zero problem with getting matched up against UK that season. They should have and deserved to lose vs Kansas State in the 1st round anyway. I have a problem with jackwaggons making sure they get a preferential location (which you know is a fact).

Comment

• I think UK was under-seeded and purposely matched up against WSU in STL to try and knock them out.

That’s why the move the AAC was pivotal. It’s not the P5, mind you, but it’s spot more respected than the MVC.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              I think UK was under-seeded and purposely matched up against WSU in STL to try and knock them out.

That’s why the move the AAC was pivotal. It’s not the P5, mind you, but it’s spot more respected than the MVC.
                              I'll agree with everything from "and purposely..." on. It seemed quite convenient to put them against WSU not far from home as opposed to wherever Arizona or Virginia were playing (the other 2 1 seeds...obviously couldn't play Florida).

But I still argue your first 5 words. Where should Kentucky have been seeded? If they weren't a Top 25 team, that immediately knocks them to at least 7. Dropping them to 8 isn't egregious. It sucked for us that we got them (and again, I agree with you and call shenanigans on the selection committee). But Kentucky was not grossly under-seeded relative to their regular season performance.
                              78-65

Comment

• I wonder who actually is the dumbest person in the room?

That comment almost had a twinge of FHCGM to it.....and I liked it. If he would have shaken his wrist a bit, I might have sprinted to the ATM to make an NIL contribution.

Comment

Working...
                                X