Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    While it is fun to speculate on who might be the next coach, Brown was not fired in a vacuum. Saal already has a short list of candidates. Who I want to be the next coach is important, to me only. I am anxiously awaiting an announcement whenever it comes.
    Having been around smart big money, there’s no way Saal got the backing without having a short list of candidates that have been vetted by the boosters backing already.

Comment

• I have a good friend from my college days who lives down here. He is a a former Shocker football player. Told me that last month he attended a wedding where both Marshall and Turgeon were in attendance and during a conversation, the talk turned to Brown and his looming departure. When my buddy asked if either would come back, both said they didn't need to coach again, but if they did, it wouldn't be at D1, maybe at the D3 level. Marshall was pretty emphatic that he was done coaching though.

I don't think my buddy was blowing smoke; he isn't the kind to do that and never has before.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
        I have a good friend from my college days who lives down here. He is a a former Shocker football player. Told me that last month he attended a wedding where both Marshall and Turgeon were in attendance and during a conversation, the talk turned to Brown and his looming departure. When my buddy asked if either would come back, both said they didn't need to coach again, but if they did, it wouldn't be at D1, maybe at the D3 level. Marshall was pretty emphatic that he was done coaching though.

I don't think my buddy was blowing smoke; he isn't the kind to do that and never has before.
        Yeah, why would Marshall want to coach again? He always said he wanted to be done by 60. Well, he is 60. And he has a pretty damn good retirement fund.

I get the whole ego thing. But I just think he has it pretty damn good right now and he knows it.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
          I have a good friend from my college days who lives down here. He is a a former Shocker football player. Told me that last month he attended a wedding where both Marshall and Turgeon were in attendance and during a conversation, the talk turned to Brown and his looming departure. When my buddy asked if either would come back, both said they didn't need to coach again, but if they did, it wouldn't be at D1, maybe at the D3 level. Marshall was pretty emphatic that he was done coaching though.

I believe that. Turgeon seemed pretty content with what he’s achieved, and for that reason, I don’t want him. I want somebody with some fire to go out and keep going out

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You’ve been wrong more times than you’ve been right on these issues.
            Pot meet Kettle!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Honestly, I don’t want Marshall back. Go ahead, flame at me. But I don’t think he would do particularly well in NIL era and easy transfers. Begging him to come back is like going to an old ex from high school. Sometimes good memories should stay exactly that. Good memories. Focus on making new ones, instead of living in the past.

Loved what Marshall did for us, he’s the best to ever do it here, but Wichita St is not Marshall University.
              Right, we didn’t exactly rename Koch Area “Gregg Marshall Family Stadium” lol.. There was things going on with WSU basketball long before he ever dreamed of coming here. Now it’s just a matter of making a not-disastrous hire

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Pot meet Kettle!
                Take a breather from latching onto my nuts. Im sure you’re about ready to pass out.

And go ahead and put together a list of my wrongdoings. I don’t think you want me to examine your posts this year regarding the future head coaching situation here. The embarrassment would be too much.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Besides that ole pesky separation agreement that says he legally can't work at WSU.
                  Anything can be undone. But it won’t.

Comment

• We were in a better position for a big name higher when Marshall resigned. Now the conference is falling apart, making it less attractive for top coaches. We will need to find a hungry up and comer.
                    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                      We were in a better position for a big name higher when Marshall resigned. Now the conference is falling apart, making it less attractive for top coaches. We will need to find a hungry up and comer.
                      If you pay them, they will come.

Comment

• The Jans buzz is real.

My source is pretty plugged in to the world of NCAAB.

Can't say much more than that, and it's not a sure thing - but better than 50/50 at this point....don't be afraid to get a little excited.

Comment

• https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...-State-opening

"Went to Murray State and took Gary Hooker with him.
                          Believe the rumor about Jans. Heard this the nite of the TCU game. And my source would know."

Of course message board "sources" and all........lol
                          Last edited by shockerfan; March 12, 2023, 02:33 PM.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Who knows. Jans is a Midwest guy. At one time he really coveted the WSU job. Only he knows what his goals/motivations are. If he is a "coach where you are loved" guy like his former boss.....perhaps he still wants to come back.

I am not getting my hopes up. But I am sure he will get an offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                              The Jans buzz is real.

My source is pretty plugged in to the world of NCAAB.

Can't say much more than that, and it's not a sure thing - but better than 50/50 at this point....don't be afraid to get a little excited.
                              You can never tell what a coaches thought are when named as a candidate for a different job. They wouldn't want their current players or employer to hear they are negotiating a deal with another school, by way of media.
                              The negotiating will generally take place at a neutral place or by way of unknown agents.
                              So I believe nothing until it actually happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X